PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Soeda - Nishikori

Does Soeda have a shot? Thinking of sticking Nishi in a parley

Fayt13
    Fayt13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3702

I'm on Nishikori in in the heavy juice parlay tonight (Nishikori/Roddick/Isner) so you should probably be on Soeda

PharaohUB

i've got 6 teams to fill out this stupid open parley. thought i could close it whenever i wanted. don't mind taking a little risk maybe i'll throw all three of those in and roll with you.

Fayt13
    Fayt13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3702

Just found out it's on TV as well. Ugh...

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Well Soeda has really played well this tourney.He went toe to toe vs X-man and won after losing the set.He was 4-36 career after losing the 1st set! Talk about a confidence booster! I want to be Go but dont know..

PharaohUB

dunno if i trust either american. may pass and just have nishi. not worth the juice. only makes me a few bucks.

PharaohUB

Line is plummeting. I'm going to avoid and assume someone knows more than me

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Go Soeda reminds me of this hit song,
    the summer it came out was very popular.

PharaohUB

The special effects! How did he jump out of the TV!!

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    The special effects! How did he jump out of the TV!!
    1985 has it been that long ago

PharaohUB

I was 1 .

Glad I laid off Nishikori. Don't care what other people say about line movement in tennis not mattering. It means the same anywhere. Means money is coming in on a certain side. Sometimes people know things.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I was 1 .

Glad I laid off Nishikori. Don't care what other people say about line movement in tennis not mattering. It means the same anywhere. Means money is coming in on a certain side. Sometimes people know things.
    heh, i was driving. i remember when that song was played a lot on the radio
    Go for soda is up a Set. wow

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing about line movement in tennis is that it really doesn't mean anything if you look at the overall picture. Linesmakers have been exagerrating the lines on the perceived marquee players-seeds all season more than I can remember in the past. A lot of this so called movement is market correction for idiotic lines. Nishikori for example at over -300 when he barely scraped by in the opening round while Soeda has beaten some legit players on hard courts. Never should have been that wide a margin for a guy who has played four matches in four months and not looked overly convincing in his wins.

Line movement this morning, Mayer was backed with a 20 to 25 cent swing. He got raped by Haas. Mathieu drifted out to -150 and then was down to -125 prematch. He rolled over Gulbis after the first set.

If you made all your plays based on line movement, I don't think you would fare much better over the long run than you do simply sticking to your own picks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

PharaohUB

I agree I just think it can help to grab your attention sometimes. I was considering adding Nishi to an open parley and I saw the line move quite a bit, and thought hey somebody with money thinks this Soeda guy has a shot. (Probably cause line was off like you said) Therefore I avoided playing it, and saved myself losing an open parley that i've already knocked down 5 legs in.

PharaohUB

I made a little bit off Soeda actually, because my one book hadn't moved the line yet so I threw a little on it. Wish I put more but hindsight is always 20-20