tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i'll be backing lisicki until she loses

if she serves like the way she did today, she's going to take the title.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't like the excessive emotion she showed after beating Masha. Could be a massive letdown factor against Kerber.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I was surprised to not see Nick Bollettieri tip Lisicki on this one. http://nickstennispicks.com/ She has trained at his academy and he has been talking her up all tournament long. I dont think anyone thought she would be able to hold serve and dominate like she has. If she can maintain her service game she could win this but thats a big if, her service game can be a nightmare at times.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Kerber leads 4-0 L (1-0 on grass)so probably not ok opponent

I think 2/3 Kerber wins and L win 1/3 when she does peak game

Kerber is easy way to the final

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I see a letdown coming up. Kerber dominated today too and see her beating Lisicki who has been very inconsistent while Kerber has been in form this whole tournament winning in straight sets easily against everyone.

EaglesPhan36

I think she was fortunate in the 1st set too because she really yacked up a large lead and handed the match back over to Masha - fortunately, the double fault machine was back and then she never recovered in the 2nd and Lisicki took off and ran with it. I see Kerber listed @ -195 and Lisicki +168. Seeing as she has won all their career meetings - albeit only two this year and both early in the year - price seems about fair considering Kerber really beat her up in a few sets. I don't think Kerber has gotten any sore of recognition for a great year she is having. Won a couple indoor tournaments. Made the French quarters and the Eastbourne final last tournament. Edge I can see for Lisicki is mental/experience in that she has been at this point now three straight trips @ Wimbledon. I'd watch the market, fairly certain you might not have seen the best price for Lisicki quite yet.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'll be all over Kerber too, big let-down spot and Stephens showed if you can keep the UE down you have every chance to beat Lisicki.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Nick Bollettieris write up and pick for match. I wouldnt put much into it, he is a great coach and runs a great academy in Florida but his picks are very safe and sometimes will favor his students and people who train there. I have always thought Lisicki is one of the best players on the tour when she can control her serve but she is way too erratic at times on serve.

http://nickstennispicks.com/

"Women’s Picks

Angelique Kerber (GER) vs Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Kerber’s previous best was the third round in 2010. Her return is one of the best and is the strongest part of her game. If her opponent hits the ball hard she uses that power against them. She slaps the forehand and you dont know where it will go.

As a lefty she is able to disguise her shot. Sabine spent a week at the Academies before Wimbledon and it is having a very positive effect. She didnt miss a ball against Sharapova. If she has a good serving day she will be tough to beat by anyone.

Nick’s Pick- If Sabine is on and mentally prepared there are very few her can beat her."

EaglesPhan36

You know his picks are bullshit when he cops out with "have to go with so and so because of the rankings." As far as safe, I think you mean more like obvious. Taking someone like Djokovic in the 1st or 2nd round of a Slam against someone like Harrison takes about as much prep time as it did for me to type this.