Philip Kohlschreiber
Who would've thought...Wimbledon round of 16, Kohl vs B Baker

Sets up a good play for Kohl here...he's about the same price as he was against Rosol, but obviously gonna be a much tougher match. Baker has been kind of tricky, in the sense that his ranking is way off due to his long-ass injury and one would not have expected him to play the way he has thus far. But I believe his nice little run comes to an end here. He's done a good job to qualify and get this far, but hasn't really faced anyone like Kohl yet.

Both players have been serving well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a tie-break or two in this match-up, but I'd say that would benefit Kohl...because at that point, nerves get the best of u and Kohl should have the edge here as the more experienced player at this stage. Can't say either player has faced very tough competition to get this far, but Kohl has definitely beaten tougher opponents than Baker. So I think a few breaks in this match-up will end up deciding the winner, and give edge to Kohl to get the key breaks to put away Baker. Esp. because Baker has been prone to many UE and this will only get worse for him at latter stages of a Grand Slam...while Kohl has limited this and has allowed himself to run over his opponents.

Bottom line, Baker deserves much credit for playing the way he has after coming back from the injury, but its just way too difficult to beat a solid player like Kohl after a long break. Expect a good effort, but Baker will not be able to keep mentally focused when he's gonna be tested intensely on his serves. Kohl's serves have been looking good this far and I trust he will give Baker enough trouble at the net also. Nerves, UE's, and the pressure for Baker will ultimately lead to Kohl coming out victorious.

Richard Gasquet
The kind of player I rarely put money on, but when he's prepared and focused, which he surely has been, a very good player. Yeah he's had an easy draw thus far, with his half-decent (on grass) opponent being Almagro, but Gasquet hasn't dropped a set yet in Wimbledon. As we saw in the previous tourny, Gasquet usually shows how he's gonna play in the very early stages of a tournament (i.e. losing to Matosevic in first round)...and since he's been solid from the get-go here at Wimbledon, I expect him to continue to win and beat the players he should (mayer) and get knocked out only once he runs into a better player than him.

And Mayer has had a rough time getting through his matches, to say the least. Don't expect that kind of inconsistency to help him beat Gasquet in a five-setter. This could be an easy victory for Gasquet if he keeps his focus the way he has, or Mayer could snag a set, but he won't take 3 sets here.

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Richard Gasquet Richard Gasquet vs Florian Mayer
(To Win Match)
07/02/2012 None -500 To Run
2 Philipp Kohlschreiber Brian Baker vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
(To Win Match)
07/02/2012 None -225 To Run
Parlays
Wager Type No of Bets Unit Risk Risk To Win Returns
Round Robin/2 Play Parlays 1 272.00 272.00 199.47