gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Yeah, laying that kind of juice in WTA match is always going to be bad for the nerves. You really hit on to something with these mens matches and that over 3.5 wager. I just am having so much trouble figuring out what I am going to do with the olympics, very tough scenario to figure out at times and now it's right back here at the all england club. Alot of people dont even think tennis should be included. Federer and Serena have never even won a medal in singles??

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Yes I know... Heritage is definitely wrong in the wording, and I actually talk to the GM there on a weekly basis so I'll have to let him know about this thread and see if he can fix it.
    Well how about this. Go ahead and tell the GM of Heritage to read this thread, I really hope he reads this. I am very close to pulling all of my funds out of there and we're not talking about a few grand here. Per their cash back report for this quarter, it shows me placing over $108K in straight bets so I've given them plenty of chances to make my money. I also have some well off friends/contacts that have been asking me for a solid out for football season. These guys are casual newbie bettors and guaranteed money makers for them.

If I even hear an ounce of anything that I intended to bet a bad line, I will not hesitate for one second to liquidate my account, take my business and any future referrals elsewhere.

So please , I hope the GM of Heritage does read this thread.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Yeah, laying that kind of juice in WTA match is always going to be bad for the nerves. You really hit on to something with these mens matches and that over 3.5 wager. I just am having so much trouble figuring out what I am going to do with the olympics, very tough scenario to figure out at times and now it's right back here at the all england club. Alot of people dont even think tennis should be included. Federer and Serena have never even won a medal in singles??
    I hope the tennis regulars do a bit of a recon mission together for the Olympics because this is a bit of unknown territory for us. Players are arguing over who should/shouldn't be included, players are protesting because so and so didn't make the team, players are fighting about the mixed doubles. I really think we need to do a lot of research... as much as we can grab from social media, interviews, etc and try to piece it together because this time it's so strange. Some of the players are making their last stands at an Olympic gold in singles but there is so much politics around it that it's hard to discern.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My mind set for the Olympics .... look at the players who play hard and do well in Davis Cup/Fed Cup first and foremost. That sorts out the desire aspect of the event in that those guys/gals enjoy playing for their country. Then of course you have to factor surface into the equation. With Wimbledon and the Olympics about back to back, the grass is going to be chewed the F up so the big servers won't have the advantage they did in the opening weeks of Wimbledon.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave EaglesPhan36 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post

If I even hear an ounce of anything that I intended to bet a bad line, I will not hesitate for one second to liquidate my account, take my business and any future referrals elsewhere.
    Stop trying to make yourself look innocent.

Every other site was -7... you saw it at -2.5 and bet it thinknig it was games... so yes, you knowingly bet a bad line, did you not?

I wasn't talking about sending him the link so you get screwed, I was talking about it how they should have the linesmakers be more specific with the way the lines are worded.

Stop being such a sensitive little bitch, and just admit you took a shot. No one here cares about your business, and really.... 108,000 in 3 months is not much for betting sizes, considering thats less then 40K per month, and only around 1.3k-1.4k a day... Not really that much business IMO so get over yourself.

gregm

Good post eagles. I didnt hold much hope for Isner anyway but the Williams in doubles again?

EaglesPhan36

Good Wiki link on the players who are participating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_..._Qualification

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Stop trying to make yourself look innocent.

Every other site was -7... you saw it at -2.5 and bet it thinknig it was games... so yes, you knowingly bet a bad line, did you not?

I wasn't talking about sending him the link so you get screwed, I was talking about it how they should have the linesmakers be more specific with the way the lines are worded.

Stop being such a sensitive little bitch, and just admit you took a shot. No one here cares about your business, and really.... 108,000 in 3 months is not much for betting sizes, considering thats less then 40K per month, and only around 1.3k-1.4k a day... Not really that much business IMO so get over yourself.
    I'd rather be a "sensitive bitch" than a forum troll with nothing else better to do than trolling forums because he's buried.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyways this Muggray dipshit keeps faking injuries. Prick needs to man the fuuck up for once.

shari91

EP, I'm nominating you to start the official Olympics thread since you're so good at collecting info and stats. Plus your breakdowns of matches are killer. All of us can throw whatever other info we find in there and have a good chat.

I'm really hesitant about the Olympics for some reason. So the more info and discussion we can get, the better imo

BrianLaverty

I'd rather be a "sensitive bitch" than a forum troll with nothing else better to do than trolling forums because he's buried.
    I'm buried? I do this for a living and have consistently bet 4 figures per game for the last 4 years (documented on here and other sites many times). Just cause you had a fluke run of your life doesn't mean you are even in the same spectrum to talk shit to me.

And I post all my tennis plays here for Wimbledon: http://sharkys-sports.com/pksw-brianl.php Not bad.... up 14 units... but ya, I'm buried... moron.

EaglesPhan36

I think the hesitation has to be due to the schedule. If they played right after Wimbledon, I think you could have a solid gauge on form of the participants - but we're talking about them coming back after three weeks on hard courts and then transitioning back to hard courts in August in preps for the US Open. That's going to make it interesting for the tourneys right after the Olympics too.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    That's horrible wording! If I were a new customer there and especially new to tennis, I'd have no clue that was a set line. "Wager type: Spread." Ummm, the spread in tennis = games handicap Heritage!! Many books don't even offer set lines like that.
    Heritage does. It's the only set betting they offer. I bet the french open a lot there and they did -2.5/+2.5 for each player during the last few rounds.

BrianLaverty

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think the hesitation has to be due to the schedule. If they played right after Wimbledon, I think you could have a solid gauge on form of the participants - but we're talking about them coming back after three weeks on hard courts and then transitioning back to hard courts in August in preps for the US Open. That's going to make it interesting for the tourneys right after the Olympics too.
    What happens to all the players who had a successful July last summer? Isner can't defend his points from Washinton, so does his ranking take a hit?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Yeah I think that's 100% it. I'm one who will normally say the elite players can adjust... give them a few games, even a set... they prepare their training to peak, etc. And how many are going to skip hard (and those pts) to keep training on grass vs playing on hard vs taking a break totally? I really can't get a handle on it at all. I can tell you who I think has the will to win but as we've seen, lately with the grip and rip it's more a matter of just doing the time on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Heritage does. It's the only set betting they offer. I bet the french open a lot there and they did -2.5/+2.5 for each player during the last few rounds.
    Pinny offers it too. However they clearly distinguish between game and set betting - not like how Heritage has theirs posted. The line they were offering was fine - even better than Pinny's - but most people wouldn't know wtf the line meant unless they'd looked at another book. For a smaller tournament, yeah ok because most of us regular tennis bettors float between books anyway. But during a Slam many people are just chasing or making bets on big names. They'd have no clue that -2.5 meant Murray would win in straights when it says "spread betting".

But the beauty of SBR is that Brian said he'd bring it up in his weekly chat with the GM. Even if nothing comes of it, I know that as a tennis bettor Brian will at least sincerely try. And hopefully Heritage being as awesome as they are will fix up the wording so it's more clear to everyone because I know they would never want to give the impression that they're trying to f anyone over.

yisman

yeah it's confusing, just meant that they do the pinnacle thing (although pinny offers all set betting, just in a diff section. heritage doesn't).

shari91

Love how Sharapova is playing for Russia. She hasn't lived there for over 2/3 of her life. Nice choice Masha.

Seriously cannot stand that woman.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I'm buried? I do this for a living and have consistently bet 4 figures per game for the last 4 years (documented on here and other sites many times). Just cause you had a fluke run of your life doesn't mean you are even in the same spectrum to talk shit to me.

And I post all my tennis plays here for Wimbledon: http://sharkys-sports.com/pksw-brianl.php Not bad.... up 14 units... but ya, I'm buried... moron.

Just because you have some rinky dink website and charge people for picks dont mean shit pal. I for one dont charge a penny and have given all that tailed me on this site free winners , we're up three times as much units as yours posted......+22 units in tennis and +31 units in baseball the past three months. A fluke can barely last several weeks much less months against a book's number and you know that. It's no fluke son and any that followed can attest to that.

You obviously dont like it that I'm giving up consistent free winners to help out people while your paid service is getting left in the dust by a guy with a "fluke run".
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 06-30-12 at 04:49 PM.

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Love how Sharapova is playing for Russia. She hasn't lived there for over 2/3 of her life. Nice choice Masha.

Seriously cannot stand that woman.
    LOL a little more reasonable than some of the players in the World Baseball Classic though.

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's no fluke son and any that followed can attest to that.
    Attested.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

aww c'mon Shari, Maria has an interesting story
    and her youth had hardship in it.
    Being born in Chernobyl, her dad bringing her to America
    with $700 in his pocket, etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Sharapova

gregm

Maria is carrying the flag for russia in the Olympics http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oly...-ceremony.html

Nick Bollettieri should set up some sort of mandatory citizenship course at his academy in Florida.LOL. Look at the players who came through there and how many remained in the US. Maria, Lisicki, Seles, Hantuchova,Hingis,Becker,Jankovic, I dont think Azarenka trained there but she lives in the US now. If America could just get all the tennis players who are living on its soil to play for them, we would dominate. LOL.

Doubles and Mixed Doubles are always interesting at the Olympics, thats where Fed and Serena got their only medals. People take doubles more seriously, people want these medals.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Just because you have some rinky dink website and charge people for picks dont mean shit pal. I for one dont charge a penny and have given all that tailed me on this site free winners , we're up three times as much units as yours posted......+22 units in tennis and +31 units in baseball the past three months. A fluke can barely last several weeks much less months against a book's number and you know that. It's no fluke son and any that followed can attest to that.

You obviously dont like it that I'm giving up consistent free winners to help out people while your paid service is getting left in the dust by a guy with a "fluke run".
    Truth. MDF has the skills and also helps others out with his advice. At no cost. If some of these touts are so damn good, why not just go under ground, form a syndicate, hire some runners, and make $ hand over fist?

I haven't followed and played tennis since the McEnroe/Lendl/Connors/Borg era. LOL. Will be reading the expert insight from others with a great deal of interest. Hopefully, I can add some Wimbledon/US Open plays to my profits.

BOL

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Maria is carrying the flag for russia in the Olympics http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oly...-ceremony.html

Nick Bollettieri should set up some sort of mandatory citizenship course at his academy in Florida.LOL. Look at the players who came through there and how many remained in the US. Maria, Lisicki, Seles, Hantuchova,Hingis,Becker,Jankovic, I dont think Azarenka trained there but she lives in the US now. If America could just get all the tennis players who are living on its soil to play for them, we would dominate. LOL.
    that goes for tennis but that goes for a bunch of other sports too. Hockey, baseball, etc.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Magic answer my pm when you have time THANKS!

ghislaine
    ghislaine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1281

Sorry MDF, gotta ask as I am clueless about tennis,
    I have it at -5 1/2.
    Should I still take it ?
    the ML is ridicolous, but obviously Murray will win right ?
    Thanks, hope to see You do bases again !!!

yisman

His bet was for the Murray/Baghdatis match which was played.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dice, I think you honestly believe what you're saying.

no offense, but no man in his right mind (especially one that looks at tennis money lines/caps/totals daily) would assume that Murray -2.5 is for games against Baggy

when you see a ML you instantly register the handicap. how can a guy over -1000 on the ML have a -2.5 cap? this isn't soccer

either you are lying to yourself or you were knowingly hitting a bad line.... (altho it is obviously the sets line)

btw, on the bet page I believe it lists "sets". this is the same as betislands where you take a total bases bet and it just lists your player in the bet history page ... you don't know who the other guy is

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

I would file a complaint. Doesn't matter if the line looks weird, it doesn't specifically state that it's -2.5 sets. It says 'spread', which misleadingly points to game totals.

I bet they do this on purpose.

yisman

they don't do it on purpose. I never saw that happen during the FO and I was betting all the time.

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    they don't do it on purpose. I never saw that happen during the FO and I was betting all the time.
    Even more reason to lay a complaint then. The spread should be clear as day whether it is for games or sets handicap. Hands up who puts bets on while either (a) half-asleep, (b) mostly drunk or (c) getting sucked off by the neighbours missus? Point being that the bookies have a duty of care to clearly stipulate wagers with precision because they can't expect punters like us to read all the fine print and be expected to put 2 and 2 together. Not when their only responsibility is to label a handicap correctly...

yisman

OK, now we have a serious problem. They're doing it for every match now. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it.

I thought it was a one off mistake, but:

Mon 7/2 4233 N. Djokovic
    -2½ -260
    8:35AM (PST) 4234 V. Troicki
    +2½ +210
    +1700

and the other matches are like that as well. It does not say sets like it should.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

^^^^^^^^^^^^Now do you feel me, that's what I was trying to tell everyone. This was the same way they had it labeled when I placed that wager on the Murray bet. I tried to email them but they stuck to their guns and won't change the way its labeled.

Screw them, if they want a bunch of people complaining after the match goes final, that's their fault. I tried to warn them. I guarantee you tomorrow after matches are final, they'll be getting 30 emails and calls (especially from any newcomers to tennis betting) that it was a game line.

I ended up losing that Murray bet due to their unclear labeling. But that's fine, I ended up busting a cap on them this Sunday with a monster day in baseball, winning $9K.....swept the board on all my straight bets and the sweetest of all, this $90 parlay that paid out $4K ..........some payback karma for HERITAGE:

Wager Type : Parlay (6 team)
    Wager Status : WinRisk / To Win Amount : 95.00 / 4,198.15(USD)
    Accepted : 7/1/2012 7:28AM - PST

Won : 4,198.15
    Amount Paid : 4293.15
    #1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : MLB Baseball / Game
    Selection : Chicago Cubs
    Time : 7/1/2012 11:20:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -112
    Pitchers : W. Rodriguez - L - Must Pitch / T. Wood - L - Must Pitch

#2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : San Francisco Giants
    Time : 7/1/2012 1:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -142
    Pitchers : B. Arroyo - R - Must Pitch / R. Vogelsong - R - Must Pitch
    Game Notes :

#3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : Detroit Tigers
    Time : 7/1/2012 10:40:01AM - (PST)
    Line : +111
    Pitchers : D. Smyly - L - Must Pitch / A. Cobb - R - Must Pitch

#4) Wager Type : Run Line
    Selection : New York Yankees
    Time : 7/1/2012 11:05:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -1½ +125
    Pitchers : G. Floyd - R - Must Pitch / P. Hughes - R - Must Pitch
    Game Notes : (TBS)

#5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : Los Angeles Angels
    Time : 7/1/2012 12:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -151
    Pitchers : C. Wilson - L - Must Pitch / A. Laffey - L - Must Pitch

#6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : Boston Red Sox
    Time : 7/1/2012 1:10:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -129
    Pitchers : F. Doubront - L - Must Pitch / J. Vargas - L - Must Pitch
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 07-02-12 at 12:53 AM.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, I see it.

seriously, tho, so what? if you can't see that Djoker is -2.5 and not realize it's for sets.... I mean, come on

BrianLaverty

Yep....people just need to use some common sense. It doesn't take a genius

First 123 Last