ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Victoria Azarenka to win it all, Angelique Kerber dark horse?

I put some money on Azarenka at +700 and a little less on Kerber (who may very well lose to Clijsters or Sharapova coming up). Both seem like extremely good value on paper. I'm by no means a tennis expert so thoughts, comments?

ohumad

Every mofo is riding Serena and rightly so as she's 7-1 H2H with Azarenka and been acing out her opponents including taking Kvitova down in two. She's a beast! I like Azarenka's chances though and would not be surprised if she wins. May hedge a lil though to soften though blow if she loses.

Wasn't expecting Sharapova to be out so early but either way Kerber advanced. Just hope she doesn't have a mental breakdown tomorrow.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Agreed %100. I got same position. Had Kerber to win outright, then I picked Azarenka to win too. Az-Kerber Final means %100 win, lol.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Every mofo is riding Serena and rightly so as she's 7-1 H2H with Azarenka and been acing out her opponents including taking Kvitova down in two. She's a beast! I like Azarenka's chances though and would not be surprised if she wins. May hedge a lil though to soften though blow if she loses.

Wasn't expecting Sharapova to be out so early but either way Kerber advanced. Just hope she doesn't have a mental breakdown tomorrow.
    Serena not playing very good actually. You know she can have mental breakdowns. It's a %50-50 game imo so nice value on Az +152.

ohumad

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Serena not playing very good actually. You know she can have mental breakdowns. It's a P-50 game imo so nice value on Az +152.
    I saw the end of the match with Zheng and it was the serve that saved Serena. Azarenka should do better on returning serve.

cheven
    ?
    cheven's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

I have my hopes on Azarenka as well, I've been pretty impressed with her lately, and I think if she plays confidently tomorrow she has a good chance against Serena tomorrow

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Match is a cointoss ..if u need action take az + money....no bet here

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Serena has poor first serve percentages this wimbledon but she did have 13 aces against Kvitova, 23 aces against Zheng, and 12 aces against Shvedova. No woman on the tour can be impressive with an ace like Serena when definitely needs one. Azarenkas serve was incredibly weak in that third set against Paszek and Paszek was killing that second serve. Azarenka has absolutely dismal numbers on second serve winners, Serena is going to tee of on her second serve if Azarenka lets her see one.

Serena is 7-1 against Azarenka and this may not be as easy as her victory over Aza at the 2009 wimbledon or their last few matchups like Madrid this year because of Serenas poor serving numbers, but if Azarenka lets Serena see alot of second serves, Azarenka is going to get crushed. All over Serena in this one.
    Last edited by gregm; 07-04-12 at 05:41 PM.

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you wanna be on the plus side tomorrow, I think Rad is the smarter play.

ohumad

Quote Originally Posted by mdfizzle View Post
    If you wanna be on the plus side tomorrow, I think Rad is the smarter play.
    Haha good call. I actually have a future of Radwanska-Azarenka as a smaller bet as I saw it as a definite possibility. Can the Beast be slain though?