Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Raonic saves 3 break points in first service game.

That's more break points then he faced his entire previous match.

Oh boy. Here we go. My mental midget is going to make me sweat, again.

Anybody on Querrey here? I really thought this would come down to tiebreaks. 39 aces between the two in 1st matches. Should be a powerful display of tennis today.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both really were a bit wonky on-serve. Raonic played the tie break better. Looking strong to open the 2nd. I expect him to create some space in this set and get a break.

Hangoverblack

It seems the books thought so. I just cannot remember the last time Raonic earned a break of a top player in a big match. Querrey is of course not a top player.

But -435 is awfully expensive for a tiebreak dominance. Raonic needs to take some of these balls more quickly and get to the net. Only way he develops into a semifinal regular at majors.

EaglesPhan36

Books have been setting prices really terribly all year long, I've seen it from tournament to tournament where the favorites be it on ranking or surface have been getting way more than they should. Of course at the end of the day, value doesn't win you money - wins from the right pick do. I just think in this case Querrey has virtually no chance to break Raonic if his serve gets to its optimum level or close which he looks like has going better now whereas Querrey is prone to hiccups on serve.

EaglesPhan36

Of course Raonic gets broken after I say all that.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Of course Raonic gets broken after I say all that.

Hangoverblack

Raonic fought back twice to earn a set point on serve in the tiebreak and could not convert.

I am addicted to laying chalk with this kid. Sniffing glue much healthier. Probably a Friday finish now as well.

EaglesPhan36

Third tie break. Raonic loses it. Fought well after going down 0-4. Saved some set points and then couldnt get one off Querrey. Dont expect much different in the 4th unless Querrey relaxes or Raonic goes meltdown early.

EaglesPhan36

And Raonic takes his toys and goes home getting broken early. So much for the sheik pick to go deep. Dude needs a head shrink.

Sport_Fish

Wow is raonic ever gonna make anything of himself? Easily has one of the deadliest serves currently and this guy never seems to fail to underachieve. He cant keep losing to guys like Querry and get knocked out at this stage of tournaments.

I thought we really had a star emerging from canada...but guess we cant expect much from him. Painful

Hangoverblack

This is the LAST time I back Raonic until he wins against the big four.

He is a mental midget in the truest sense. Had set points in each of the lost tiebreaks and is programmed mentally to fail.

Twice, shame on me

EaglesPhan36

I think he lacks confidence on anything but hard courts. I dont't see a problem backing him still, but his movement is obviously not the best over the course of a best of 5. Maybe next year he will have some more confidence here. I think mentally maybe he is still thinking this is where I got hurt last year, I am not overextending myself. Give Sam credit. He played pretty well and you can tell is far more comfortable on grass.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

I cashed in on my USA guy. Querry

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Raonic is a three set player.

Match could've been way different had Raonic put away the set point serving 2 set TB.

Hangoverblack

I had $1200 worth of exposure to this match. So my lesson is right into my gut.

I was betting that 2012 would be a coronation for this rising talent. He got to Wimbeldon a week early and I thought was comfortable on the surface. Obviously the injury last year cannot be shaken from the subconscious as his movement was at issue. The 41 game total and the -435 price were conflicting, which should have been enough to pass here. Why I laid -435 for a tiebreak advantage is a question I need to answer before I place another bet!

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Querrey must officially be over his back problems now.

Sport_Fish

Backing Raonic at anything more than -200 or even -150 is trouble. You're always gonna have to rely on him winning in tie-breakers, which is just too risky to lay juice on.

Until he can figure out how to play return games and actually break people's serves, really un-bettable.