PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Hlavackova???

Any shot against Clijsters? Probably the last match left today since its on center court. Damn really was enjoying that Roddick - Baker match yesterday and wanted to watch the rest of it .

Anyway Not going to lay juice on Clijsters but may play a little on HLAVACKOVA just for fun. She got any shot? I don't think I've seen her play.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Like everyone, Clijster's health/condition was a concern for me heading into Wimbledon. She looked quite good in the opening round, though. If she's in good shape today, she should win in straight sets, IMO. Something like 6-4, 6-3.

If she stays as sharp as she was the other day and keeps injuries away, I wouldn't be surprised to see her make it to at least the fourth round.

But who knows with her? These days, I wouldn't be surprised if she got injured walking to to court.
    Last edited by Luca Fury; 06-27-12 at 10:50 AM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Luca is right. It all depends on Clijster's. If she's on top of her game, she finishes her off in no time. Otherwise, Hlava might have a shot. I'm not putting money on it myself, but who knows, maybe I'll regret it....

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Luca is right. It all depends on Clijster's. If she's on top of her game, she finishes her off in no time. Otherwise, Hlava might have a shot. I'm not putting money on it myself, but who knows, maybe I'll regret it....
    I have a little on Clijsters, personally. I don't like betting the WTA so much since the women are so flakey, but Clijsters should cruise as long as she's in shape. Since she looked so good the other day, I'm assuming she's in good form today, so I decided to take a stab. She's looking awesome so far, winning the first set 6-3, so now I'm regretting not betting more on her.

Oh well, better safe than sorry. If she manages to blow it now, it won't big loss. That's always a possibility with the WTA, you know. Wozniacki managed to bomb so bad in her match right before this, but luckily, I knew better than to ever lay my money on that flake.

Luca Fury

Of course, typical WTA... Now Clijsters is making me sweat.

Luca Fury

$$$

Clijsters wins 6-3, 6-3. My bet wins and my prediction of 6-4, 6-3 was damn close. I'm happy

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

yeah luckily other matches started so i had something else to watch and didnt touch it lol

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    yeah luckily other matches started so i had something else to watch and didnt touch it lol
    In typical WTA fashion, Sharapova is making me sweat now. I have faith in her, though. She will endure and show why she's #1 ranked right now.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    In typical WTA fashion, Sharapova is making me sweat now. I have faith in her, though. She will endure and show why she's #1 ranked right now.
    Freakin' right!! Starts off the set losing 1-4, comes back to win it 7(7)-6(2). Atta girl, Maria!

Now she's gonna win this set 6-3 and close it out

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Freakin' right!! Starts off the set losing 1-4, comes back to win it 7(7)-6(2). Atta girl, Maria!

Now she's gonna win this set 6-3 and close it out
    That's fine by me. I'm on the Pironkova handicap. As long as she doesn't bagel her we can both win

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    That's fine by me. I'm on the Pironkova handicap. As long as she doesn't bagel her we can both win
    What was the handicap? My books don't offer props til later in the tourney. This match figured to be relatively competitive (hence Maria only being -1500, even after dominating in round 1).

Not sure if the delay hurts or helps you. If Maria is off again tomorrow and/or starts slow, it will definitely help you, but she seemed lacking focus and completely off her game all match today. If she's focused and back to top form tomorrow, you might be screwed.

Tricky situation. Much less clear than Djokovic/Nadal at the FO last month. It was clear that the delay favored Nadal BIG time. Him at -200 later that night was an absolute STEAL. But here, who the hell knows?

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10353

What was the handicap? My books don't offer props til later in the tourney. This match figured to be relatively competitive (hence Maria only being -1500, even after dominating in round 1).

Not sure if the delay hurts or helps you. If Maria is off again tomorrow and/or starts slow, it will definitely help you, but she seemed lacking focus and completely off her game all match today. If she's focused and back to top form tomorrow, you might be screwed.

Tricky situation. Much less clear than Djokovic/Nadal at the FO last month. It was clear that the delay favored Nadal BIG time. Him at -200 later that night was an absolute STEAL. But here, who the hell knows?
    early it was Pironkova +6', later moved to +6.
    With the restart I could see her pushing this to a 3 set match.