Rose'
    Rose''s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

Kirsten Flipkens v Nadia Petrova

Do They play today?

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. Flipkens had to finish a match from yesterday, while Petrova was already in the semifinals.
    Points Awarded:

Rose' gave ParlayininHTown 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

I could not pull the trigger on Flipkens here; I did have her over Vinci but she takes a step up in class now.

That said, there is no betting against her as she has yet to drop a set and has been superb this week.

simplelowlife
    simplelowlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I am gonna throw my happy meal $$ on flipkens, and hopefully it will payout a bigmac combo with supersize fries for lunch

.... however I gotta unload on Germany -1 this afternoon.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by simplelowlife View Post
    .... however I gotta unload on Germany -1 this afternoon.

I want to bet Germany ML so badly, but I'm terrified of a draw in regular time ... I've been on such a horrible cold streak when making big soccer bets. It seems it doesn't matter who I pick. They're going to draw or lose no matter what

Rose'
    Rose''s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

What time they play today?

ParlayininHTown

They're supposed to start after the Ferrer/Paire match concludes, but there's a weather delay at the moment ... so not exactly sure what time it will begin.

simplelowlife
    simplelowlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

PHT, fair enough. if you don't have a good vibe for a game, it is wise to lay off. For myself, I just think when you get into sudden death stages of a big tourney, the motivation for both teams becomes pretty high and about the same. however, the clinical nature/quality of the German side should carry them through. Yes, Greece will definitely park the bus in front of their goal, but I think you are playing with fire for 90+ minutes when you do that and you need a Petr Cech or Joe Hart in goal.... the Greeks don't have that keeper. Also if Greece is hoping for a counter, I think that the Baotang's return to the German back four is huge. I see a 60% - 40% possession game for Germany, and a likelihood of 2-0. So, I will unloud big on Germany ML, but also do a sizeable bet on Germany -1.

Then again, maybe just better to watch and enjoy though.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by simplelowlife View Post
    PHT, fair enough. if you don't have a good vibe for a game, it is wise to lay off. For myself, I just think when you get into sudden death stages of a big tourney, the motivation for both teams becomes pretty high and about the same. however, the clinical nature/quality of the German side should carry them through. Yes, Greece will definitely park the bus in front of their goal, but I think you are playing with fire for 90+ minutes when you do that and you need a Petr Cech or Joe Hart in goal.... the Greeks don't have that keeper. Also if Greece is hoping for a counter, I think that the Baotang's return to the German back four is huge. I see a 60% - 40% possession game for Germany, and a likelihood of 2-0. So, I will unloud big on Germany ML, but also do a sizeable bet on Germany -1.

Then again, maybe just better to watch and enjoy though.

You definitely know a lot more about soccer than I. You're probably right that Germany will roll, but I haven't been confident about any of my soccer bets lately because they all keep finding ways to not win.

My bad luck has nothing to do with what will happen on the pitch today. A small play would be smarter for me because I'm on a cold streak in soccer.