good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mikhail Youzhny

This guy is an absolute beast on grass. Any reason to think that he can't handle Stepanek? The last time they met on grass was all the way back in 2008 which is probably irrelevant but Youzhny won. Stepanek has played a little better this tournament but he just lost in a Challenger event in straight sets to Hacek.

Any thoughts?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought they rated closer to even on the surface myself - was a little surprised by the price honestly. Not sure who will win really, could go either way.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say Youhzny is rightfully the slight favorite, but I'm not sure he will win. Stepanek has been shaky in recent months. He gets some decent wins and has some questionable losses, but he's still talented enough to win in this spot.

Both guys have played good tennis this week and have a confidence-building win under their belts (Seppi/Dolgo). Youhzny has only been broken once this week on this quick grass surface, but I believe his return game will decide the match. If he can put consistent pressure on Stepanek during service games, eventually he will get a break or two and take a set.

A tiebreak in one set wouldn't surprise me, and the winner of said tiebreak may wind up as the winner of the match. No reason to think Youhzny can't win. He should win IMO. But he better pack a lunch, because Stepanek won't just roll over.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave ParlayininHTown 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MagicDiceFlow, and paco

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

You hit it right on the nail with Youzhny there PHTown....nice writeup.

good2go2mexico

Thanks guys really respect your opinions.

good2go2mexico

Looks like you guys were spot on so far this is going to be one heck of a tennis match. I think I gave Stepanak too little credit after that brutal straight set loss to Jan Hacek.

good2go2mexico

Cash this!!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Good hit man.

good2go2mexico

I'm backing this guy into the next round too. The so called big boys that are left couldn't care less about this tournament. I think Youzhny will take it.