beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quick look a this week Challengers..Monza/Nottingham-2,Kosice..

Easy to forget with 2 ATP 250's and 2 ladies guys..

Monza(clay).. Draw...http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/2208/mds.pdf..Montanes still trying to hold on to the clay.Usual gaggle of clay stiffs.Although Potato head's draw is cake and he could go all the way(as long as he is not on the take).Watch out for Kavic to fade.Just won Furth today and could be gassed depending on when he plays or gives a crap(Upset alert!!).

Kosice(clay)..
    Draw..http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/2208/mds.pdf..Same thing here with Hajek.Coming off challenger finals loss(tough one to mayer)..Playing a decent player in Copil, might be DOA.
    Is Miroslav Mecir pulling a Thomas Muster and coming back to play a bit? No its just his son, he got a wild card.Maybe he can pull off the upset?And Hrbaty is playing..has not played since Auckland Qualies.Doubt he does shite vs Velotti.

Nottingham-2..Grass http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/6286/mds.pdfWeird how they have back to back Challengers in the same place.But folks need grass court time I guess.Notice that Kendrick made the semis in the first and is playing in the 2nd as well.I think that gives him an edge here.Also Bernakis is playing again and dont forget about Donskoys lack of grass exp,now he is going to get smoked by Sela.Easy parlay fodder there to fatten up.Teixeiera switching to grass from clay.Not a good idea.Van der merwe should be able to smoke him!

Thoughts guys!!

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

beefcake, I've got a WTA question for you ...

I noticed Ormaechea has never played a grass-court match on the challenger or WTA level, and she's going against British player Heather Watson tomorrow in Birmingham. Watson is not normally a 3-to-1 favorite, but the home crowd and surface are factors that can't be ignored.

Do you think Ormaechea has any chance at an upset here?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

F the WTA until Wimbledon.

Lakey
    Lakey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Where's Roddick playing? Wherever it is i'll just keeping fading him.

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

Just a quick heads up - I live about 10 miles from Nottingham and it is forecast to rain pretty much all week. It is more than likely that they will play most of this tournament on indoor hardcourts, barring a miraculous turnaround in the weather.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero7 View Post
    Just a quick heads up - I live about 10 miles from Nottingham and it is forecast to rain pretty much all week. It is more than likely that they will play most of this tournament on indoor hardcourts, barring a miraculous turnaround in the weather.
    I hate that it wastes a lot of good handicapping work I had done. Have they made an official annoucement yet that today's matches are indoor?

delpiero7

Not yet. The British Tennis twitter feed generally provides updates though:

http://twitter.com/#!/BritishTennis

beefcake
    Update your status

Thanks Del, yeah going to be a long week for holding bets in England I think..Pisses me off.

beefcake
    Update your status

Sucks if you bet Giquel..Bastardo retires and gives the match to a scrub.5 dimes 1 set rule is beneficial sometimes!

delpiero7

Re Nottingham Challenger, just read on menstennisforums.com that doubles matches will start being played indoors tomorrow. If tomorrow is a washout (or only a couple of hours of play) then they will continue the tournament indoors on Wednesday. They are playing a womens event at the same time here, so they have a load of matches to get through.

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero7 View Post
    Re Nottingham Challenger, just read on menstennisforums.com that doubles matches will start being played indoors tomorrow. If tomorrow is a washout (or only a couple of hours of play) then they will continue the tournament indoors on Wednesday. They are playing a womens event at the same time here, so they have a load of matches to get through.
    I saw a few juicy matchups but that was only assuming they were playing on the grass. I'll have to monitor this closely. I heard they are supposed to have bad weather most of the week.

delpiero7

Should be a clear day today in Nottingham, very overcast and cloudy, but should avoid the rain.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well Faded my Boy tex-mex.That was good.Played Velotti because Hrbaty has not played since Jan.Man needs to retire.They local challengers giving has beens these wildcards..

beefcake
    Update your status

Well, Miroslav's Mecir's son is running roughshod in kosice.Beat Sousa, a tough clay challenger player.Dont see why you would not take him vs Dzhumhur.Crowd is going to be all backing Mecir here in the final match of the day..

Looks like Kavic can be thrown into a parlay in Monza..Should have no trouble with Pasahnski.

I think advantage for van Der Merwe if you can find a line later in the day.Russel and Sugita have to finish then play him later.