adam3248
    adam3248's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Murray vs Gasquet Over 38.5 games??

Just after some opinions on this total. I'm considering taking the Over as I don't think either of these will win in straight sets in which case something like a 7-5 4-6 6-3 6-2 would be enough to cash the over. I wouldnt be too surprised if this game goes the distance either, so I see a little value with the Over. Thoughts?

Linngari
    Update your status
    Linngari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7688

The Over here is dangerous. Murray has injury concerns and many people are tipping the game to go 5 sets.. so why is the total only 38.5 games? Simply, Murray comes out and wins in easy 3 sets or he retires and the total doesn't count...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over 3.5 sets the safer bet IMO, but chalky @ -185. I don't think you need to worry about Murray and an injury. His back problem does not appear to be effecting him at all now. Problem I see with the over even in a four set setting is that with the ability to break and get broken, sets in Murray matches can get lopsided (6-2, 6-3, etc.). I think Gasquet is good enough to take a set at least in this one.

adam3248

I'm not so sure its Murray in straights or a retirement. With there being injury concerns with Murray recently I think theres a possibility he could retire but there didnt seem to be any problems last time out, he was moving well around the court and serving okay too. I think its pretty unlikely Murray will pull out of this one. I agree that over 3.5 sets is more likely to hit but i'm reluctant to make a play on it being in the -185 region. I understand what your saying in relation to both players being prone to drop multiple service games throughout the match. Maybe the total is set about right after all. Thanks for the input guys.

adam3248

Glad I steered clear of the total in the end and backed Murray when a set down instead

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

lost a lot on this

freaking coke-sniffing surrender monkey

Gasquet is clearly good enough on clay to beat Murray, but he's a headcase.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    lost a lot on this

freaking coke-sniffing surrender monkey

Gasquet is clearly good enough on clay to beat Murray, but he's a headcase.

100% accurate. this was a replay of my Verdasco drilling from a few days ago