VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

Is anyone in HISTORY of tennis been more scary then DJOKER?

I have seen this guy countless times against great players down a lot and finds a way to win. the phrase " not over till it's over" is a perfect fit for him. he could be down 2 sets and down a break 5-4 and down 40-0 and still can come back. This dude is awesome!

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17726

True, but just a couple of years ago this forum was full of guys saying "Djoker is pussy" "Djoker is a clown" etc. Actually he was known more as a "Choker". And they had a reason too, he played a lot of games like the mediocre guys out there, with double faults at critical times and mentally collapsing giving away matches.

Then all of a sudden he upped his game to a whole new level and at the same time developed an iron nerve. Last year was just phenomenal.

I still can't believe he made that jump. It's very rare in any sport.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

TT22, he hired a sports shrink. Made a huge difference. I always thought they were a bit of a crazy fad like Kabbalah but obviously it helped him a lot.

And Vikes while I agree that he can obviously come back at any time (and that's why books were still hanging +2000 and up after the first set on Seppi), I think calling Seppi a great player is a bit off. Seppi isn't great. He is good, loves the clay and in great form. But there's a huge difference between a good player on fire and a multiple Slam winner who backs himself when he's against the wall and can handle the pressure. Believing you can beat anyone no matter how much trouble you're in is a huge advantage in a big match. Then you add in how lesser players start tightening up on big points... and often when trying to serve for a game/set/convert bps and that's the difference and it makes the comeback that much easier.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Hes great for live betting when down, almost always comes back when down...

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

With Joker this guy is very high on himself and eragant! wouldnt be suprised if he goes into matches without studying his opponent or better yet letting his opponent take leads just to show how good he is at coming back. Nothing better than almost giving the game away, then taking it back as if anything was really in doubt.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol, if you're making that statement I don't think you've seen a lot of tennis