LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Andy Murray down 0-4 and possibly hurt...

And, of course, I made a decent sized bet him last night after I found a soft line on him @ -1200... If you truly hurt do the right thing and retire...

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

He looks horrible. He is def hurt. I can serve harder than that and he cannot move. He is toast

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    He looks horrible. He is def hurt. I can serve harder than that and he cannot move. He is toast
    Yea, like a hurt puppy it is really sick to watch... Why would you continue with the potential to get seriously hurt when you clearly have no chance in your current condition?

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

He needs to retire. It is terrible to watch. I do not understand why he hasn't retired yet.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

His last retirement was about 5 years ago. He's like Nadal... unless he literally can't walk, he won't retire. Great when you're against him but not so much when you've backed him obviously.

LVHerbie

Looks like he is loosening up a little... Currently only -275/+200 on live betting at bet365 so I guess I shouldn't completely write off my bet...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Good luck Herbie. Hoping he pulls out here cous I can't see him winning

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was hurt coming into the tournament [back]. It's a match-to-match situation. Anyone who didn't know this info ... likely did not need to bet anything during this entire tournament.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    He was hurt coming into the tournament [back]. It's a match-to-match situation. Anyone who didn't know this info ... likely did not need to bet anything during this entire tournament.
    Sorry but when I see odds at +1300/-2000 at pinnacle and can bet at -1200 95% of the time that is where my research ends and (very quickly) determining the right bet size begins...

EaglesPhan36

Wow Herbie. That is a terrible way to bet IMO ... especially tennis where weird shit/injuries rule the world. Good luck though. Murray has pulled many of these out of the bag before when he looks dead to the world, even down 0-2 in a Slam.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He's been shot full of cortisone. Murray just won the 2nd set. Insane.

LVHerbie

Wow Herbie. That is a terrible way to bet IMO ... especially tennis where weird shit/injuries rule the world. Good luck though. Murray has pulled many of these out of the bag before when he looks dead to the world, even down 0-2 in a Slam.
    Nah, not terrible at all unless you don't like "earning" easy money on something, if I had access to pinnacle, I could easily lock in a profit on (which I wouldn't do anyhow since access to pinnacle would allow me to manipulate the odds I'm was getting on Murray even more in my favor and thus I could have put even more down)... Sadly it took me way to long of continually reloading my matchbook/pinnacle accounts (when I had access to them) to realize how much money I was leaving on the table by making the off-setting bet...

Personally if you roll is say less then 50k (or completely burnt yourself out at all the "right" books) any "handicapping" at all is a waste of time IMO...
    Last edited by LVHerbie; 05-31-12 at 05:49 AM. Reason: clarifying

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    He's been shot full of cortisone. Murray just won the 2nd set. Insane.
    And now dominating in the third set... God do I ever love tennis...

EaglesPhan36

LoL @ easy money on any tennis bet. Whatever works for you man. Betting large chalk in tennis is a good way to turn your pubes gray.

LVHerbie

LoL @ easy money on any tennis bet. Whatever works for you man. Betting large chalk in tennis is a good way to turn your pubes gray.
    I've got (so far....) 15 bets down today in just tennis today and, except for this bet the longest odds I placed one at was at -170... Unless you have access to an good exchange or have a ton of outs not very often (at least at the places I place my tennis bets at) that I'm going to find something at -1200 that could be a pure scalp at somewhere like pinnacle...

Luckily my pubes turned grey a long time ago from riding out bets that my mind told me where silly shit but the things that are really important showed me had value...

I'm telling you EaglesPhan let the people sharping the lines at places like pinnacle (with total bets that are probably closer to size of our combined roll then the size of our bets) tell you that despite Murray's nagging back injury he still had value at a price much longer then -1200 and you will be alot happier...
    Last edited by LVHerbie; 05-31-12 at 06:22 AM.

NBAStats
    NBAStats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

At least read what he wrote before making additional comments. He laid it out pretty plainly for you why he bet it. It had nothing to with tennis, with laying large chalk in tennis, or any sort of handicapping.

EaglesPhan36

I did read what he did. But in the end, it's still a bet on large chalk in tennis. A win is a win is a win.
    Points Awarded:

LVHerbie gave EaglesPhan36 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shari91

You need to have balls of steel to properly do this which I don't have. If I stumble across a line off at one of my books vs Pinny, I do it with the dogs and maybe down to -200 but that would be my absolute limit although I know I'm potentially giving up money by limiting myself like that. In fact I did this twice yesterday on two lovely WTA dogs/hacks and lost both... one of them was Mattek-Sands who basically sat her fat arse on the court the whole time. But that's my fault because I don't put in the effort to go after every one possible. When you pick and choose lazy Shari style, it's easy to get burned even without laying heavy chalk. I'm glad he came through for you LV

shari91

Oh and that was my bloody strategy with that shithouse Tomic today too... beat Pinny's price by 40 cents and the guy laid down in 3. Wanker.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You need to have balls of steel to properly do this which I don't have. If I stumble across a line off at one of my books vs Pinny, I do it with the dogs and maybe down to -200 but that would be my absolute limit although I know I'm potentially giving up money by limiting myself like that. In fact I did this twice yesterday on two lovely WTA dogs/hacks and lost both... one of them was Mattek-Sands who basically sat her fat arse on the court the whole time. But that's my fault because I don't put in the effort to go after every one possible. When you pick and choose lazy Shari style, it's easy to get burned even without laying heavy chalk. I'm glad he came through for you LV
    Since I can't ever seem to find the challenger tennis streams I really want to see WTA dog and hacks usually end up being my go to matches to watch... And if it wasn't for my (rather sad to admit) fascination with watching my crushes Serena and Ms. Bartoli at every available opportunity (and half of dozen times I've been forced to watch Djokovic and Nadal go at it again in some lame final because of there are no option) I'm pretty sure the person I would have watched the most in both fields this year is Go Soeda...