ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

French Open Parlay Ideas

Hello everyone ... just thought I'd make a thread where we could discuss possible parlay ideas for the first couple rounds of the French Open. I know you all have some good opinions, and I'd like to hear them.

Here's my first idea. It's a possible seven-player parlay for tomorrow:

1. Stosur ML
    2. Safarova ML
    3. Del Potro ML
    4. Errani ML
    5. Wawrinka ML
    6. Verdasco ML
    7. Ivanovic ML

This heavy chalk parlay pays off at around 1-to-2, so I wouldn't have to lay a lot of chalk to win a parlay with seven very favorable matchups. Certain players do worry me though (Stosur, Ivanovic).

I was also thinking of working Venus in a parlay with maybe Del Po and JCF ... but Ferrero worries me. Way too much chalk for that guy.

I'd certainly like you to share your own ideas for parlays like these, as well as which players have a chance to pull off a big upset.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just went through Sunday's matches. The only almost certain locks are Del Potro and Verdasco for me. I looked at Tsonga but the guy he's playing is mostly a clay player and Tsonga obviously doesn't like the clay so not messing with that. Wawrinka looks good but I just don't trust him with that much juice. Same with Cilic and JCF. Lots of WTA stuff looks good but putting anybody not named Serena in a parlay with big juice is disaster waiting to happen. They are all so inconsistent. I won't be shocked one bit if I wake up and see Stosur has already wrecked everybody's parlays.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Wawrinka wins. Wouldn't really be worried about him. He's been playing well lately and is a really good clay courter. I wish there were more matches tomorrow. Not sure why they are going light tomorrow.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Wawrinka wins. Wouldn't really be worried about him. He's been playing well lately and is a really good clay courter. I wish there were more matches tomorrow. Not sure why they are going light tomorrow.
    Cipolla is very comfortable on clay, and took Stan to 5 at the us open. Be careful with this one, imo it will be close with Stan eventually coming thru but not worth stressing through that!

ParlayininHTown

Probably rolling with this ... not worried about the juice.

1. Safarova ML
    2. Del Potro ML
    3. Eranni ML
    4. Verdasco ML

Another possibility:

Verdasco ML
    Cilic ML (or Wawrinka ML)
    Del Potro ML
    Ivanovic ML

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    Cipolla is very comfortable on clay, and took Stan to 5 at the us open. Be careful with this one, imo it will be close with Stan eventually coming thru but not worth stressing through that!
    That was like 4 years ago, Cipolla has had a really tough year. I cant see any other result except a Stan victory, his loss to Seppi was unfortunate to say the least, I think his clay court game is clicking atm

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    That U.S. Open match was in 2008. Cipolla is 4-6 in his last 10 matches. Only 2 of those losses were to quality opponents. Wawa on the other hand is 6-4 in his last 10. Look at his 4 losses: Nadal, Del Potro, Djokovic, and Seppi. Those first 3 are 3 of the best in the world obviously. The Seppi match was crazy. Wawa had match points in the 2nd and 3rd set and choked each time. The match was in Italy (Seppi's home country) and the crowd was going ape shit for him. I really like Wawa here. He is solid on clay. Don't forget that. He has 9 career titles and 8 were on clay.

ParlayininHTown

Stosur and Safarova rolled as expected. The damn book took too long to pay out that heavily juiced two-teamer that had all my money tied up, so I missed out on Del Po and Wawrinka. Oh well ... it's not like -3500 and -2000 help a parlay much anyway.

I'll work around it. Usually they're not this slow, but I get that I'm not the only one making a few tennis bets this morning ...

ParlayininHTown

05/27/2012-ONLINEat01:29 AM
    [#119155770] PARLAY (2 TEAMS) RR (1P-2T) (Risking: 3395.00 - To Win: 236.70)
    05/27/2012 - 02:00 AM MU [4509] LUCIE SAFAROVA -3500 (LUCIE SAFAROVA vrs ANASTASIYA YAKIMOVA)
    Score: LUCIE SAFAROVA(2) - ANASTASIYA YAKIMOVA(0)
    WIN
    05/27/2012 - 02:00 AM MU [4532] SAMANTHA STOSUR -2500 (ELENA BALTACHA vrs SAMANTHA STOSUR)
    Score: ELENA BALTACHA(0) - SAMANTHA STOSUR(2)
    WIN
    05/27/2012-ONLINEat03:45 AM
    [#119156493] PARLAY (2 TEAMS) RR (1P-2T) (Risking: 2031.70 - To Win: 165.80)
    05/27/2012 - 04:55 AM MU [4541] SARA ERRANI -2500 (SARA ERRANI vrs CASEY DELLACQUA)
    Score: SARA ERRANI(2) - CASEY DELLACQUA(1)
    WIN
    05/27/2012 - 04:15 AM MU [4549] ANGELIQUE KERBER -2500 (ANGELIQUE KERBER vrs SHUAI ZHANG)
    Score: ANGELIQUE KERBER(2) - SHUAI ZHANG(0)
    WIN

Aside from those early season college football games between teams like Alabama and teams like Rice, Grand Slams are the one time of year when I will grow a pair and lay an insane amount of chalk. Errani put a scare into me, but she pulled it out in the end ... I've had enough stress for one day. Hopefully we can get more easy wins tomorrow.

It appears my other leans (Verdasco, Ivanovic, Wawrinka, Del Po) are all winners as well. Too bad I didn't also make that seven-teamer, but I hate doing parlays that are larger than two teams ... just makes me feel like I'm going to lose if I try to squeeze too many bets together.

I hope everyone tailed on these picks and came up with some creative parlay combinations so you could cash. Tomorrow also has a lot of great opportunities for easy wins, so I'll probably post some more ideas later today. Good luck and keep enjoying the holiday weekend

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

will be trying to fill some big parlays as well, most likely including Miami Heat ML game #1.

Good luck!

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Parlay you more scratch than I will ever have to bet those and a hell of a lot more balls.Good luck!!

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Parlay you more scratch than I will ever have to bet those and a hell of a lot more balls.Good luck!!

Thanks beefcake ...It's all about picking the correct spots. It seems that even when I have a scary close match, I still win the bet 90, 95 percent of the time. Sometimes I have to wait a day or two to find a really good spot (like last week), but usually there's two or three each day.

I love finding value in dogs in NFL, MLB and college basketball. Those sports are full of surprising results, but I zero in on the best chalk bets when I wager on tennis and college football. Favorites traditionally do well, so I just check out the lines and do enough research to know which heavy favorites I can trust.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

HOLY CRAPPER Parlayin!!!!!!! Did you really throw down over 3k to win a few hundred on the BIOTCHES????!! Dude, you have the biggest pair of NUTS I have ever seen. You know how I feel about the women. MAN!!!! I just saw your thread. That Errani must of made you freaking sweat both your nuts off huh??? I am HAPPY you won both!!! Good job sir!!! I am pulling for ya brotha

ParlayininHTown

Here's an idea I had for an 8-player parlay tomorrow:

1. Simon ML
    2. Berdych ML
    3. Dolgopolov ML
    4. Cibulkova ML
    5. Azarenka ML
    6. Radwanska ML
    7. Li ML
    8.Vinci ML

Here's a possible six-player parlay:

1. Simon ML
    2. Berdych ML
    3. Cibulkova ML
    4. Azarenka ML
    5. Radwanska ML
    6. Li ML

A four-team version that is loaded with chalk:

1. Simon ML
    2. Berdych ML
    3. Azarenka ML
    4. Radwanska ML

I am always worried about the WTA players ... You never know, but I think the high seeds I selected will come through as they all have favorable matchups where there is a talent gap. I think Berdych will be fine, but he has lost in the first round before. He looked great at Madrid and good at times at the Dusseldorf team tourney, so I'm not worried about him.

Simon has an interesting matchup. I don't think Harrison will beat him by any means, but Harrison has enough talent to stretch it to four or five sets if Simon is struggling to channel his emotions in a positive manner. I hope he can get off to a good start and be fueled by the home crowd to make it easy for me, but I realize that it's not a rock-solid play.

But hey, even I can't lay the chalk on Djoker and Federer. I don't want to lose my life's savings if something crazy were to happen with those two.

I welcome your parlay ideas and opinions on tomorrow's matches ... Good luck to you all.

mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Hey fellas, here's what I came up with after looking over the matches and checking out your picks. Usually I would do quite a few more parlays but the books seem to have this round sorted pretty well..
    Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    5/28/12 12:33am $50.00 $76.70 Pending 10 Team Parlay
    Pending 5/28/12 8:00am ATP Tennis 101 Novak Djokovic -9600* vs Potito Starace
    Pending 5/28/12 9:30am ATP Tennis 133 Gilles Simon -1260* vs Ryan Harrison
    Pending 5/28/12 6:30am ATP Tennis 165 Roger Federer -9750* vs Tobias Kamke
    Pending 5/28/12 8:00am ATP Tennis 226 Tomas Berdych -3640* vs Dudi Sela
    Pending 5/28/12 8:00am ATP Tennis 261 Alexandr Dolgopolov -450* vs Sergiy Stakhovsky
    Pending 5/28/12 5:00am WTA Tennis 401 Victoria Azarenka -9250* vs Alberta Brianti
    Pending 5/28/12 5:00am WTA Tennis 430 Dominika Cibulkova -1560* vs Kristina Mladenovic
    Pending 5/28/12 9:30am WTA Tennis 465 Agnieszka Radwanska -2660* vs Bojana Jovanovski
    Pending 5/28/12 6:30am WTA Tennis 529 Na Li -780* vs Sorana Cirstea
    Pending 5/28/12 7:15am WTA Tennis 545 Roberta Vinci -220* vs Sofia Arvidsson

ParlayininHTown

Good luck to you mcfugly. Looks good

I think I'm gonna roll with the six-teamer and the four-teamer. I don't want to squeeze eight players together ... it's too many. Plus, it's still early in the tournament so I don't mind laying the extra chalk and making a little less in the short term. I want this to be as profitable of a grand slam as possible.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Vinci would scare me. Would play Simon but also hedge a little with a small play on Harrison.

MCherry281

Never again will I bet money on any woman. Unbelievable that I just woke up to see Azarenka down a set and a break. None can be trusted!

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

-9250 about to get destroyed

MCherry281

Dodged the bullet with error prone Azarenka down 6-7 0-4 and serving at break point! She hit a 2nd serve ace that painted both lines of the T. An inch either way and it's 0-5. Never again will I even consider a woman in my parlay. I knew better than this and still did it but thrilled to escape.

ParlayininHTown

Wow ... sure am glad I slept through that match. I might be in the hospital after suffering a stroke if I had seen the first half of that match.

I won't bet on her in the second round, but I'm almost certain Azarenka will play much better. She knows better than anyone how close she came to to embarrassment.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Vinci would scare me. Would play Simon but also hedge a little with a small play on Harrison.

Decided to leave Dolgo and Vinci out of it ... Just can't trust them enough to let them wreck one of my parlays.

ParlayininHTown

Wow ... The first set and a half of the Simon-Harrison match, Simon could barely do anything right. But Harrison made a bunch of errors in the third and fourth set to make it easier for Simon.

I have to say that I expected a four-set win for Simon, but I figured both he and Harrison would play better than this. I was disappointed in this match just as a tennis fan in general.

I like how both guys didn't seem to get too emotional. They expressed frustration with their play at times, but they didn't let it hang over and cost them three or four games in a row as they've done in the past. Aside from that, there are not a lot of positive things I can say about this match. haha.

ParlayininHTown

05/27/2012-ONLINEat04:18 PM
    [#119198889] PARLAY (6 TEAMS) RR (1P-6T) (Risking: 1000.00 - To Win: 382.30)
    05/28/2012 - 08:30 AM MU [4017] GILLES SIMON -1500 (GILLES SIMON vrs RYAN HARRISON)
    Score: GILLES SIMON(3) - RYAN HARRISON(1)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 08:00 AM MU [4064] TOMAS BERDYCH -5000 (DUDI SELA vrs TOMAS BERDYCH)
    Score: DUDI SELA(0) - TOMAS BERDYCH(3)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4501] VICTORIA AZARENKA -6000 (VICTORIA AZARENKA vrs ALBERTA BRIANTI)
    Score: VICTORIA AZARENKA(2) - ALBERTA BRIANTI(1)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4516] DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA -1600 (KRISTINA MLADENOVIC vrs DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA)
    Score: KRISTINA MLADENOVIC(0) - DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA(2)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 10:00 AM MU [4533] AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA -2200 (AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA vrs BOJANA JOVANOVSKI)
    Score: AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA(2) - BOJANA JOVANOVSKI(0)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 04:45 AM MU [4565] NA LI -800 (NA LI vrs SORANA CIRSTEA)
    Score: NA LI(2) - SORANA CIRSTEA(0)

WIN
    05/27/2012-ONLINEat08:26 PM
    [#119208779] PARLAY (4 TEAMS) RR (1P-4T) (Risking: 1840.00 - To Win: 248.55)
    05/28/2012 - 08:30 AM MU [4017] GILLES SIMON -1500 (GILLES SIMON vrs RYAN HARRISON)
    Score: GILLES SIMON(3) - RYAN HARRISON(1)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 08:00 AM MU [4064] TOMAS BERDYCH -5000 (DUDI SELA vrs TOMAS BERDYCH)
    Score: DUDI SELA(0) - TOMAS BERDYCH(3)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4501] VICTORIA AZARENKA -7000 (VICTORIA AZARENKA vrs ALBERTA BRIANTI)
    Score: VICTORIA AZARENKA(2) - ALBERTA BRIANTI(1)
    WIN
    05/28/2012 - 10:00 AM MU [4533] AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA -3500 (AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA vrs BOJANA JOVANOVSKI)
    Score: AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA(2) - BOJANA JOVANOVSKI(0)
    WIN

I see that Azarenka nearly gave some of you a heart-attack. Fortunately for me, I was sleeping so I missed the entire match and woke up to see she had won the last two sets 6-4, 6-2. Naturally, I assume she just shook off the tiebreak loss in the first set and played better in the last two sets. But then I hear the ESPN analysts talking about how she came back from 0-4 down in the second set. I'm thinking, "Holy crap. I am one lucky SOB." Not lucky because Azarenka came back. That's what a 70-to-1 favorite is supposed to to. Lucky because I didn't have to sit through that match, which probably kept my life from being shortened by another year or two.

Enough about that. It was certainly a smart move to lay the extra chalk and drop the eight-team idea last night, as Vinci managed to lose to someone she was 5-0 against. That's WTA for you ... Also, Dolgo is looking shaky, so the decision to roll with the six and four-teamer worked perfectly.

I felt like I should try to keep myself away from the stressful matches today. I thought I'd go 6-0 with six easy wins. My plan sort of worked, but only because Azarenka was playing so late at night.

I hope all of you are enjoying your Memorial Day and cashing your bets. I'll be back later to kick around some parlay ideas for tomorrow ... Best of luck to you all

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

F ken Dolgo sux

ParlayininHTown

Two chalk parlay ideas for tomorrow ... One is a five-player parlay, while the other is four.

Idea 1:
    Ferrer ML
    Gasquet ML
    Almagro ML
    Youzhny ML
    Schiavone ML

Idea 2:
    Ferrer ML
    Gasquet ML
    Almagro ML
    Schiavone ML

Nadal and Sharapova are too high to put in a parlay, and I don't trust Kvitova after seeing her struggle at times this season. Kanepi looks like she should win, but the whole Azarenka thing today made me think twice about it. I'd rather not risk it.

I also considered Juan Monaco, but he has lost to Rufin before and he has lost in the first round of this event a couple of times. Rufin is French, and if he gets some momentum early, Monaco could be in for a high-stress match. More than likely, Monaco will rough up this guy. There are enough yellow flags in the picture for me to say it's not worth it.

Schiavone is playing Date-Krumm, who is like 78 years old (actually she's like 41 or 42). Although Schiavone has struggled this year, she turned it up in winning the tournament in France last week. Schiavone didn't just beat all those weak opponents; she crushed them. Date-Krumm has had a good year in the challenger circuit, but she's not bad-ass on clay and hardly participates in WTA tournaments anymore. I'm not saying Schiavone is prime for another run to the French Open final, but she can take care of Date-Krumm if she's focused.

Ferrer, Gasquet, Youzhny and Almagro all have non-threatening opponents. As long as they aren't spraying shots all over the place, they should be fine. I'm a little concerned about Almagro because he lost in the first round last year. But Lorenzi is not in his league, and I don't see how Almagro could allow himself to suffer the embarrassment of a first-round exit two years in a row.

As always, I welcome your opinions and ideas for tomorrow's slate of matches. Best of luck to everyone.
    Last edited by ParlayininHTown; 05-28-12 at 07:07 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8683

Zopp has enough talent to test Gasquet if he does not play well. Will prob pay but not worth the risk for -1300 imho.
    Points Awarded:

ParlayininHTown gave Optional 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Liking Ferrer, have him tied up with Serena and some winners from earlier today. GL

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Not big with the idea of taking massive favourites. It forces you to play like 4-5 games MINIMUM to get a half-decent return and we all know how upsets happen in tennis. Better to play mini-faves paying out around 1.3-6 and only having to parlay two or three for >EV odds.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Zopp has enough talent to test Gasquet if he does not play well. Will prob pay but not worth the risk for -1300 imho.
    +1

Zopp said local interview, that he wants to get strong opponent. Pressure lays on main court
    Zopp ranking has risen from top500 to top100 and his motivatsion is very high

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Zopp has been playing garbage opponents lately on the challengers. Gasquet is very good on clay and is playing in front of his home crowd.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    DSI has Gasquet -3000 Zopp +1500

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Zopp has been playing garbage opponents lately on the challengers. Gasquet is very good on clay and is playing in front of his home crowd.
    true, actually he has not played with strong opponents. He hasnt win players below top50 level, but he hasnt played them not much

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

schiavone looks like a winner on paper over krum but i dont like how she has played this year
    shes just hasnt beaten any1 and that made me leave her out of my parlays

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    schiavone looks like a winner on paper over krum but i dont like how she has played this year
    shes just hasnt beaten any1 and that made me leave her out of my parlays
    Match has been over for a while, so I realize this is all 20/20 ... But Schiavone is rounding into form. She's struggled to this point, and I don't know if she can make another deep run in the FO. But picking her to beat Krumm was a no-brainer. Krumm is just too old to hang with a player like Schiavone on clay anymore ...

12 Last