ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

double post. please delete.

ParlayininHTown

05/28/2012-ONLINEat08:03 PM
    [#119263431] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T) (Risking: 1750.00 - To Win: 275.30)
    05/29/2012 - 03:30 AM MU [4088] RICHARD GASQUET -3000 (JURGEN ZOPP vrs RICHARD GASQUET)
    Score: JURGEN ZOPP(0) - RICHARD GASQUET(3)
    WIN
    05/29/2012 - 06:25 AM MU [4112] NICOLAS ALMAGRO -2500 (PAOLO LORENZI vrs NICOLAS ALMAGRO)
    Score: PAOLO LORENZI(0) - NICOLAS ALMAGRO(3)
    WIN
    05/29/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4581] FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE -1300 (FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE vrs KIMIKO DATE KRUMM)
    Score: FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE(2) - KIMIKO DATE KRUMM(0)
    WIN

We have our first winner for today

I dropped Ferrer ML because it moved up to -10000 last night, and I just didn't see the point of throwing that line in there with those four-figure lines. It wasn't going to add any significant value to the parlay odds.

I hope you all are raking in the money and having a great day as well ...

ParlayininHTown

05/28/2012-ONLINEat07:59 PM
    [#119263337] PARLAY (4 TEAMS) RR (1P-4T) (Risking: 1000.00 - To Win: 249.92)
    05/29/2012 - 09:45 AM MU [4072] MIKHAIL YOUZHNY -1250 (JAMES BLAKE vrs MIKHAIL YOUZHNY)
    Score: JAMES BLAKE(0) - MIKHAIL YOUZHNY(3)
    WIN
    05/29/2012 - 03:30 AM MU [4088] RICHARD GASQUET -3000 (JURGEN ZOPP vrs RICHARD GASQUET)
    Score: JURGEN ZOPP(0) - RICHARD GASQUET(3)
    WIN
    05/29/2012 - 06:25 AM MU [4112] NICOLAS ALMAGRO -2500 (PAOLO LORENZI vrs NICOLAS ALMAGRO)
    Score: PAOLO LORENZI(0) - NICOLAS ALMAGRO(3)
    WIN
    05/29/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4581] FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE -1300 (FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE vrs KIMIKO DATE KRUMM)
    Score: FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE(2) - KIMIKO DATE KRUMM(0)
    WIN

Here's our other winning ticket for today. Another successful, stress-free day. All of my picks won in straight sets, with only one player ever being in danger of dropping a set.

I'll be back later with some ideas for tomorrow. I hope you tailed Best of luck to everyone on their plays for the rest of this afternoon and evening.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great work mate, I love these chalk parlays too and good to see someone using them effectively. Look forward to seeing ideas for tonight, I'm going to do my own research and give some thoughts in the next few hours hopefully.

ParlayininHTown

Hello ... I meant to post some ideas/leans last night, but more important things came up. I barely had enough time to analyze the matchups and make a couple bets before I passed out early in the morning. Here are my plays for today, which was another winning day:

I made two parlay bets

Parlay 1: Stosur ML, Del Potro ML, Verdasco ML

Parlay 2: Verdasco ML, Del Potro ML, Stosur ML, Berdych ML

Del Potro's knee injury worried me a little, but I felt that ERV just wasn't going to have enough in his bag of tricks to pull off the upset. Like Del Potro, Verdasco dropped a first-set tiebreaker but went on to win in four sets. At times, it seemed like Verdasco was headed or an early exit, but he managed to come up with a timely break in the second set that allowed him to regain control of the match.

I didn't like today's matchups for the most part. The way some of the women dominated surprised me to be honest. I trusted Stosur, but I didn't think Cibulkova, Pennetta and Errani would all also win so easily. I'd rather be safe than sorry, however, so I went pretty heavy on the chalk and low on the number of plays and didn't have to stress about it much.

I hope everyone else had a successful day. I will post some leans later this evening if my hands aren't tied. I'd say there's a good chance I'll be able to post tomorrow's parlay ideas tonight.
    Last edited by ParlayininHTown; 05-30-12 at 03:42 PM.

ParlayininHTown

Leans/parlay ideas for tomorrow:

Parlay Idea 1

Ferrer ML
    Na Li ML
    Raonic ML
    Almagro ML
    Schiavone ML

Parlay Idea 2

Ferrer ML
    Na Li ML
    Murray ML
    Raonic ML

Parlay Idea 3

Murray ML
    Schiavone (OR) Almagro ML
    Gasquet ML

I don't have time to type out a lot of analysis ... There is a hint of danger to backing Li (playing against a French woman in the secondary stadium court), Murray (hasn't looked too great on clay this year) and Almagro (Baghdatis isn't as good as Almagro on clay, but he has enough talent to make it interesting if Almagro struggles with his serve and is lethargic early in the match). Schiavone has never lost to Pironkova, but more importantly, she seems to be shaking off her slow start to this year. The French Open seems to bring out the best in her, but this play is more about my belief that Pironkova will struggle to match up against a skilled clay-court veteran like Schiavone. But with the WTA, you never know ...

I probably won't include Gasquet ML in any of my parlays, because I looked at tomorrow's schedule and realized that there is only a small chance that they will finish that match before it gets too dark. I don't like having to wait a day or two for a play to cash. Besides, I'm not sure how much trust I can place in Gasquet. On occasion, everything clicks for Dimitrov and he plays a little over his head ...

Feel free to share some of your own parlay ideas and thoughts on tomorrow's matches. Best of luck to everyone.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Tipsarevic Tipsarevic Tipsarevic Tipsarevic. Guy is -540 against Chardy. Do linemakers watch the matches? Chardy is plain shit.

ParlayininHTown

05/30/2012-ONLINEat02:26 PM
    [#119340379] PARLAY (4 TEAMS) RR (1P-4T) (Risking: 1200.00 - To Win: 227.12)
    05/31/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4161] DAVID FERRER -5000 (DAVID FERRER vrs BENOIT PAIRE)
    Score: DAVID FERRER(3) - BENOIT PAIRE(0)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4176] ANDY MURRAY -2000 (JARKKO NIEMINEN vrs ANDY MURRAY)
    Score: JARKKO NIEMINEN(1) - ANDY MURRAY(3)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4188] MILOS RAONIC -1200 (JESSE LEVINE vrs MILOS RAONIC)
    Score: JESSE LEVINE(0) - MILOS RAONIC(3)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 07:00 AM MU [4661] NA LI -4000 (NA LI vrs STÉPHANIE FORETZ GACON)
    Score: NA LI(2) - STÉPHANIE FORETZ GACON(0)
    WIN
    05/30/2012-ONLINEat02:29 PM

[#119340598] PARLAY (5 TEAMS) RR (1P-5T) (Risking: 750.00 - To Win: 328.73)
    05/31/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4161] DAVID FERRER -5000 (DAVID FERRER vrs BENOIT PAIRE)
    Score: DAVID FERRER(3) - BENOIT PAIRE(0)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 05:00 AM MU [4184] NICOLAS ALMAGRO -900 (MARCOS BAGHDATIS vrs NICOLAS ALMAGRO)
    Score: MARCOS BAGHDATIS(0) - NICOLAS ALMAGRO(3)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4188] MILOS RAONIC -1200 (JESSE LEVINE vrs MILOS RAONIC)
    Score: JESSE LEVINE(0) - MILOS RAONIC(3)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 07:00 AM MU [4661] NA LI -4000 (NA LI vrs STÉPHANIE FORETZ GACON)
    Score: NA LI(2) - STÉPHANIE FORETZ GACON(0)
    WIN
    05/31/2012 - 04:45 AM MU [4669] FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE -700 (FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE vrs TSVETANA PIRONKOVA)
    Score: FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE(2) - TSVETANA PIRONKOVA(1)
    WIN

Another day, a couple more parlays cashed

MU Herd, it looks like you were spot on about Tipsy. I just don't care much for him on the clay. I probably should've done a third parlay that combined Ferrer, Li Na, Tipsy and maybe Almagro ... But I'm happy with the amount I made today. Never get greedy with this stuff. Be thankful.

Murray was in a bit of a struggle early, but he grinded out a win that he should've gotten. Niemenen is just not good enough on clay to be able to shock Murray in this setting. He looked kind of hurt, but I wasn't really watching much of that match because I was still halfway asleep ... I'm probably going to stay away from Murray for the rest of this tournament, unless the data shows he has a serious advantage over an opponent as it did today.

Schiavone couldn't serve for s*** in the first set, but once she recaptured some consistency in that department, there was no doubt that she would pull away to a three-set win. It was your typical WTA break-fest, but Schiavone was the one getting most of the break points in the final two sets. I've probably ridden this horse as far as I can ... As I said, I believe Schiavone is rounding into form and breaking out the early season slump. But we can't forget the way she played up until last week, and now that the opponents will get tougher, it's going to be hard for me to bet on her again in this tournament.

Almagro, Ferrer, Li Na and Raonic all handled their business. Great job to all of those guys for doing exactly what they should have. They didn't mess around and dominated players they were clearly superior to on red clay ... Ferrer has had a bit of trouble getting further than the third round of this event, though, so I'll have to be careful with him the rest of the way.

This has been a great week, but we're not done yet. More parlay ideas are coming later. Hopefully some of these combinations have helped people earn some easy money. Good luck to everyone on their bets for the rest of the day and evening.

bett4o
    bett4o's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good tips
    Congrats

ParlayininHTown

Just took a peek at tomorrow's schedule, and it's not full of much that I like. I may take the day off ... maybe make one play. I don't need to press and bet on someone like Tsonga, who seems to screw people over on a weekly basis.

If I have an idea or two, I'll post it on here. I'm not sure if I'll actually bet any of the leans, however, as the juice will be astronomical.

ParlayininHTown

Tomorrow's leans/ideas:

Parlay idea 1

Djokovic ML
    Federer ML
    Azarenka ML
    Berdych ML

Parlay idea 2

Djokovic ML
    Federer ML
    Berdych ML

Parlay idea 3

Djokovic ML
    Federer ML
    Azarenka ML

As I mentioned earlier, there's not a lot that I like tomorrow. I'm not going to get crazy and try to do something I don't feel really good about, so I'm probably making one play with a lot of juice.

Del Potro probably beats Cilic, but that knee injury could be an issue ... Tsonga probably beats Fognini, but he's Tsonga and cannot be trusted no matter the circumstances ... Verdasco likely beats Seppi, but it's not like there's THAT much of a difference between the two. Besides, Verdasco can let his head get in the way sometimes. If Seppi can grab the first set, things could get very interesting.

Cibulkova and Ag-Rad look good on the women's side, but I'm not going to back them considering they each have tricky matchups against opponents who know how to play on the clay ... Stosur likely gets past Petrova, but Stosur is one of those players who can pull the chair out from under you just when you start to gain confidence in her. Plus, her past against Petrova is far from impressive.

As you can see, I have some leans and ideas about a lot of matches tomorrow. But many of them are just too dangerous for me to get greedy ... Best of luck to everyone on their plays. Your thoughts on tomorrow's slate of matches are always appreciated.

ParlayininHTown

05/31/2012-ONLINEat12:42 PM
    [#119377858] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T) (Risking: 1200.00 - To Win: 114.36)
    06/01/2012 - 10:50 AM MU [4201] NOVAK DJOKOVIC -10000 (NOVAK DJOKOVIC vrs NICOLAS DEVILDER)
    Score: NOVAK DJOKOVIC(3) - NICOLAS DEVILDER(0)
    WIN
    06/01/2012 - 08:25 AM MU [4209] ROGER FEDERER -6000 (ROGER FEDERER vrs NICOLAS MAHUT)
    Score: ROGER FEDERER(3) - NICOLAS MAHUT(1)
    WIN
    06/01/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4216] TOMAS BERDYCH -1500 (KEVIN ANDERSON vrs TOMAS BERDYCH)
    Score: KEVIN ANDERSON(2) - TOMAS BERDYCH(3)
    WIN
    05/31/2012-ONLINEat12:40 PM
    [#119377794] PARLAY (4 TEAMS) RR (1P-4T) (Risking: 800.00 - To Win: 101.28)
    06/01/2012 - 10:50 AM MU [4201] NOVAK DJOKOVIC -10000 (NOVAK DJOKOVIC vrs NICOLAS DEVILDER)
    Score: NOVAK DJOKOVIC(3) - NICOLAS DEVILDER(0)
    WIN
    06/01/2012 - 08:25 AM MU [4209] ROGER FEDERER -6000 (ROGER FEDERER vrs NICOLAS MAHUT)
    Score: ROGER FEDERER(3) - NICOLAS MAHUT(1)
    WIN
    06/01/2012 - 02:10 AM MU [4216] TOMAS BERDYCH -1500 (KEVIN ANDERSON vrs TOMAS BERDYCH)
    Score: KEVIN ANDERSON(2) - TOMAS BERDYCH(3)
    WIN
    06/01/2012 - 11:00 AM MU [4701] VICTORIA AZARENKA -3500 (VICTORIA AZARENKA vrs ALEKSANDRA WOZNIAK)
    Score: VICTORIA AZARENKA(2) - ALEKSANDRA WOZNIAK(0)
    WIN

Well, I can't complain too much. I cashed these bets, but today was easily the most stressful day I've had during this tournament. I honestly did not know Berdych was sick, and I probably would've kept him out of my plays had I known that. I have to give credit to the guy for finding a way to grind out the final two sets and saving me a lot of money. Despite the scare, I felt great about all four of these picks when I made them, and they all worked out in the end as my data and eye-test suggested.

The one instance in which these heavy chalk plays can really become worrisome in spite of the research is when the underdog plays above his head. And for four sets, Kevin Anderson did that today. For most of the second and fourth set of the Mahut-Federer match, Mahut played exceptionally well for his standards.

I may have a parlay idea or two for tomorrow, but beyond that, it's likely that rest of my French Open bets will be straight moneyline. There just aren't enough matches with a clear-cut winner that I can put together. Besides, the juice is starting to reduce so there's no true need for any more parlays.

As I said before, I only do these chalk parlays during grand slams and college football season. People are correct to discourage this sort of thing, because if you aren't selective enough and if you try to get away with it year round in all sports, you're going to lose a ton of money. I've found a couple areas where you can put heavy favorites together and win at at an alarmingly high rate. But it all comes down to putting in the necessary research and watching enough matches to know which spots to select ... There's a reason I haven't lost a play yet during the French Open. I'm not just randomly selecting the biggest lines. I'm being selective about which lines I choose.

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a successful Friday. If I have an idea for tomorrow, I'll post it later. Best of luck to you all this evening.

ParlayininHTown

Don't know if I'd play this, but one possible parlay for tomorrow:

Na Li ML
    Kvitova ML
    Sharapova ML
    Almagro ML

Honestly, this parlay idea is too WTA heavy for my taste, but I think Sharapova and Kvitova have friendly matchups. Na Li will be in for a battle against McHale, but I believe her experience going deep in grand slams will be a key factor that will allow her to hold off a strong effort from the young American. Almagro should be able to outlast Mayer, but both guys know how to grind it out on the clay. I think Almagro's superior abilities could allow him to pull out a hard-fought four or five-set win.

Perhaps you drop Na Li from the parlay, and maybe you roll with Almagro, Sharapova and another men's player you like. I can't really decide how you should put together a parlay tomorrow if you want to bet that way. I can say that I think the four players I mentioned are the most likely to advance to the next round tomorrow.

I hope you all profit again this weekend ... Like I said in a previous post, I'm getting to the point of the tournament where I won't want to bet parlays. I've made a couple plays for tomorrow, but I'm not so in love with these plays that I'd tell you to tail.

Good luck everyone.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

They all look good. The only one that's so-so is Na. She's probably gonna win but I think somewhere in one of these matches, her age/stamina is gonna catch up with her. I might be overreacting ....i got those other three in a parlay myself....BOL.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Which oyster will lose this?

Ticket#:71790
    Jun 02 05:00 AM
    Internet / -1 Jun 01 11:24 PM MU
    MU
    MU
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [4719] Y SHVEDOVA -120
    (Y SHVEDOVA vrs C SUAREZ NAVARR)
    [4728] C WOZNIACKI -170
    (K KANEPI vrs C WOZNIACKI)
    [4730] A PAVLYUCHENKOV -135
    (K ZAKOPALOVA vrs A PAVLYUCHENKOV)
    51 / 208

I was gonna replace pavly with my Boy Tipsy but decided to make it an all chick parlay

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Which oyster will lose this?

Ticket#:71790
    Internet / -1 Jun 01 11:24 PM MU
    MU
    MU
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [4719] Y SHVEDOVA -120
    (Y SHVEDOVA vrs C SUAREZ NAVARR)
    [4728] C WOZNIACKI -170
    (K KANEPI vrs C WOZNIACKI)
    [4730] A PAVLYUCHENKOV -135
    (K ZAKOPALOVA vrs A PAVLYUCHENKOV)
    51 / 208

I was gonna replace pavly with my Boy Tipsy but decided to make it an all chick parlay

Wozniacki always scares me ... Kanepi is definitely talented enough to take her out, although I think Wozniacki senses the importance of going deep in this grand slam because she's slipping in the rankings.

Pavlyuchenkov should win, but she's still young and could have an error-prone match. If she plays well, she should win somewhat comfortably.

I have no idea about Shvedova's match. I think that's a toss up to be honest. Shvedova looked good in her first couple of matches, but she wasn't playing anyone great.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave ParlayininHTown 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

IMO Na Li is solid. She won the tournament last year. I'm not expecting her to exit when its still early. I could see an upset with Pav and Woz though. WTA can be a real pain sometimes.

ParlayininHTown

06/01/2012-ONLINEat01:35 PM
    [#119421595] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T) (Risking: 750.00 - To Win: 215.25)
    06/02/2012 - 04:15 AM MU [4228] NICOLAS ALMAGRO -1000 (LEONARDO MAYER vrs NICOLAS ALMAGRO)
    Score: LEONARDO MAYER(0) - NICOLAS ALMAGRO(3)
    WIN
    06/02/2012 - 04:15 AM MU [4717] NA LI -800 (NA LI vrs CHRISTINA ** HALE)
    Score: NA LI(2) - CHRISTINA ** HALE(1)
    WIN
    06/02/2012 - 07:10 AM MU [4732] MARIA SHARAPOVA -2500 (SHUAI PENG vrs MARIA SHARAPOVA)
    Score: SHUAI PENG(0) - MARIA SHARAPOVA(2)
    WIN

So here's the parlay I rolled with today. More money in the account

All four of the players I suggested won, although a couple of the women struggled at times. You have to give McHale credit for coming out there and taking the first set off Na Li. It won't be long before McHale is advancing even further in grand slam events. But as I expected, Na Li used her experience and skill together wonderfully in the final two sets and never allowed McHale to break her serve. That was a tough yet feel-good win for Na Li today.

Kvitova had a bad set where she couldn't serve for crap, but it was obvious that her talent was more than enough to carry her to a win today. In the third set, her opponent hit some wide shots that made it easier for Kvitova, but give Kvitova credit for not allowing that horrible second set to hang over into the third. She won the first three games to take control and never looked back.

Sharapova dominated an opponent she should dominate in a grand slam setting. Plus, after playing yesterday instead of Thursday due to the Isner marathon Wednesday, I figured she would want to get on and off the court quickly. No sense is screwing around when you have a week of really tough matches ahead.

Almagro beat Leonardo Mayer much worse than I thought. I figured Mayer would grab at least one set, so obviously I'm pleased with the way Almagro came out and made quick work of the Argentine (Argentinian?). He and Tipsy look like they will have a great match in the fourth round. I can't wait to watch that one just as an unbiased tennis fan.

I hope all is well with everyone. Best of luck to you all on your bets today.

ParlayininHTown

One parlay idea for tomorrow ... Not a great payout -- around 6-to-1:

Djokovic ML
    Federer ML
    Stosur ML

I wouldn't call this a foolproof idea. I think Djokovic and Federer should roll, but Stosur is never a lock. On the other hand, she beat Petrova more handily than I thought she would, and she has played some good tennis in this grand slam. Sloane Stephens has to be happy to be in the fourth round, and I'm not sure if she has all the intangibles needed to beat Stosur in this situation. If you look at most of her matchups with top-20 players, she has battled hard but lost in the end. She's getting close to really breaking out, but is she ready for a match of this magnitude?

In the WTA, danger lurks behind every corner. I'll have to think this one through before I decide whether I can pull the trigger. Of all the matches tomorrow, these three players stand out as the most likely to advance to the quarterfinals. I wouldn't call this tail material by any means.

Good luck to everyone on their plays for Sunday.

ParlayininHTown

06/02/2012-ONLINEat06:43 PM
    [#119494502] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T) (Risking: 1500.00 - To Win: 251.30)
    06/03/2012 - 04:11 AM MU [4233] NOVAK DJOKOVIC -4000 (NOVAK DJOKOVIC vrs ANDREAS SEPPI)
    Score: NOVAK DJOKOVIC(3) - ANDREAS SEPPI(2)
    WIN
    06/03/2012 - 06:15 AM MU [4237] ROGER FEDERER -8000 (ROGER FEDERER vrs DAVID GOFFIN)
    Score: ROGER FEDERER(3) - DAVID GOFFIN(1)
    WIN
    06/03/2012 - 10:25 AM MU [4736] SAMANTHA STOSUR -800 (SLOANE STEPHENS vrs SAMANTHA STOSUR)
    Score: SLOANE STEPHENS(0) - SAMANTHA STOSUR(2)
    WIN

Another heavy chalk parlay winner

Not much to say about today's plays. I am a lucky, lucky guy that Djokovic kept his cool and grinded out that third set against Seppi. He lost serve a couple times, but it didn't seem to affect him much. He just went back to work and found a way to break Seppi time and again. After Djokovic won the fourth set it became a foregone conclusion. That's why it's easy to trust a guy like Djokovic when he's playing someone outside of the top three. Even if he falls behind, he finds a way to win. The mental transformation he has gone through over the last couple of years is one of the biggest reasons he is now the No. 1 player in the world.

Federer dropping the opening set to Goffin didn't surprise me much. Goffin is a tough competitor, and his body type works well for him on clay. I knew he was quick and athletic enough to take a set off Federer, but he probably wouldn't have enough tricks in his bag to actually beat Federer. Keep your eye on this guy, because he's got talent and could go even deeper in the FO soon.

Stosur hit some awful shots and took too many risks to give Stephens the edge early in the match, but as I suspected, Stephens has not developed the intangibles needed to close out a match of this magnitude. Stosur also had some troubles with her serve at time, and Stephens hit some excellent forehand winners. When Stosur played loose but with a little less aggression, she really took it to the young American. I have plenty of respect for Stephens, but I didn't see how Stosur was going to lose today considering everything at stake.

That's it for today. I could be back with parlay ideas later, but I have to look at tomorrow's matches and do some other things first. Hope everyone is having a great day and winning plenty of money.
    Last edited by ParlayininHTown; 06-03-12 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Accidentially pasted account number on post

ParlayininHTown

I have a pair of parlay ideas for tomorrow:

Idea 1

Nadal ML
    Ferrer ML
    Sharapova ML
    Na Li ML

Idea 2

Nadal ML
    Sharapova ML
    Kanepi ML

Juan Monaco has some sick skills on the clay and can frustrate a lot of players, but Rafael Nadal is the king of clay. He has looked good and dominated his early round matches, albeit against players who are much worse than Monaco. I think Monaco can extend this match to four or five sets because Nadal has a tendency to start slowly in matches. I could see Monaco taking the first set and putting some pressure on Nadal, but Nadal's experience and superior talent should carry him to this win.

Ferrer is better than Granollers, and he has squashed everyone he has faced in the French Open. I expect Granollers to battle and hang around in every set, but Ferrer should have the advantage in this match if his serve doesn't disappear. Ferrer has had trouble getting past the fourth round of this event in the past, but he's usually had a tougher draw in this situation. His form and his opponent provide a great opportunity for a quarterfinal appearance, but after the Seppi-Djokovi match today, everyone but Nadal seems vulnerable at this point.

Sharapova outclasses Zakapalova. The one thing that concerns me about this match is Sharapova has never won the FO, and if she's not careful and starts to think ahead, Zakapalova could sneak up and beat her. Sharapova has made quick work of each of her first three opponents in this grand slam, and she appears to be headed for at least the semifinals. Zakapalova will fight hard to make it a close match, but Sharapova has the tools to advance.

Na Li has a sneaky dangerous match. Shvedova has been as impressive as any of the ladies in the French Open, comfortably knocking off all three of her opponents. But now she's taking a step up in competition as she meets last year's FO champ. If Na Li can play a solid match and force Shvedova to work hard for every point and game, I believe she will grind out a three-set win in this spot.

Rus has been a nice surprise, but she has also benefited from a friendly draw. She's a solid clay court player and has enough ability to knock off Kanepi, but Kanepi has been playing some good tennis for the last two weeks and should take advantage of this relatively easy fourth-round opponent. I am concerned that Kanepi had a little trouble closing out Wozniaki, but I look at that as a typical WTA bump in the road. Winning can help you forget about things like that. I expect Rus to make it interesting but Kanepi to walk away as the winner.

I believe that all of these favorites must play at a high level to win tomorrow. We've reached the point of the slam where the pressure rises, and players will have to really grind through their matches to advance. These are just ideas. I'm not suggesting you bet on all of these players, but I believe that these five are the most likely to keep their French Open title hopes alive tomorrow.

Best of luck to you all on your plays for Monday.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

ParlayHtown, which part of Htown are you from.....I'm in Htown as well.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    ParlayHtown, which part of Htown are you from.....I'm in Htown as well.

I'm to the east, in the Baytown area

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

cool ...i'm in sugarland.

ParlayininHTown

06/03/2012-ONLINEat10:49 PM
    [#119552383] PARLAY (3 TEAMS) RR (1P-3T) (Risking: 1000.00 - To Win: 266.90)
    06/04/2012 - 08:15 AM MU [4248] RAFAEL NADAL -5000 (JUAN MONACO vrs RAFAEL NADAL)
    Score: JUAN MONACO(0) - RAFAEL NADAL(3)
    WIN
    06/04/2012 - 10:15 AM MU [4746] KAIA KANEPI -500 (ARANTXA RUS vrs KAIA KANEPI)
    Score: ARANTXA RUS(1) - KAIA KANEPI(2)
    WIN
    06/04/2012 - 05:05 AM MU [4748] MARIA SHARAPOVA -2850 (KLARA ZAKOPALOVA vrs MARIA SHARAPOVA)
    Score: KLARA ZAKOPALOVA(1) - MARIA SHARAPOVA(2)
    WIN

Last night I was debating what to do ... Should I bet Murray ML or try the parlay idea with less chalk? Well, I just can't trust Andy Murray on clay, and I thought about the season Gasquet has had on clay so I chickened out. Wish I had just bet that instead.

But this parlay did cash. Sharapova and Kanepi put a little bit of a scare into me. I could've risked less money and dealt with less stress if I had just pulled trigger on Murray, but oh well ...

Nadal put a beatdown on Monaco. He made that look too easy. I don't know if Djokovic can handle that ... Sharapova screwed up a little and dropped the second-set tiebreak, but she got back on track in the third set ... Kanepi couldn't serve for s*** until the third set, but Rus crumbled after Kanepi folded near the end of the second set. It was a horrible match to watch, and I am glad I at least made some money after wasting 90 minutes of my life on that garbage.

Hope you all won big today ... How about Shvedova? I bet a few people on here cashed big time on that upset. I didn't see her actually winning, but I had a feeling those two would be in a hard-fought, three-set match.

That's about it for this thread ... We've reached the quarterfinals, so parlays are no longer a viable option. Straight-up moneyline bets from this point forward. I'll probably make another thread like this for Wimbledon. Good luck everyone

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great work mate, look forward to following your thread for Wimbledon. All the best for the rest of the tourney

First 12