Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Federer vs Djokovic?

I wanna make a play on Federer here...I think he's def been the better player thus far on clay and Djokovic just dosen't have that killer instinct he displayed last year and early this year. Djokovic hasn't usually played well against Fed on this surface and I think this is a good spot to back Federer at + odds.

I think Federer's serve will be key here...if he continues the way hes been serving this tournament, I don't think Djoker will have an easy time generating break points.

Thoughts?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total coin flip. Tough to gauge some of Djokovic's play this week because I think he's kind of into a mode in a lot of these tournaments where he does get a little bored if the match isn't engaging from the beginning. I'm not sure you can say Federer is the better player on clay this year. Djokovic made the Monte Carlo final amid the death of his Grandfather. Fed won the Smurf tournament. Djokovic didn't give two shits about playing that tournament and couldn't wait to lose really. This is Federer's first test on dirt this year - real dirt at least. Ferrer on the blue shit was a good match, but that wasn't the red stuff.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Yeah, I guess its possible Djoker struggling against some of those opponents was truly a result of him not trying hard due to lack of competition like u said....but I get the feeling that it also has to do with him not being in his best form and perhaps looking ahead to the French Open, which is and will be his biggest challenge and breakthrough.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I certainly don't think he's at the level he was last year, but no one expected him to be. I watched that Tsonga match today though and you could just see "it" turn on when he was ready.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well I certainly don't think he's at the level he was last year, but no one expected him to be. I watched that Tsonga match today though and you could just see "it" turn on when he was ready.

Now that you mention it ... Djokovic waited until he was down a set and a break to Monaco before he played five solid games of tennis to storm back and win the set 6-2. Those five games really stood out from the rest of the match, as Djokovic went back to looking frustrated and antsy in the third set. He wound up pulling it out anyway, but it was odd to see him shift into another gear for only five games and suddenly "lose" it again. He's not in the WTA. haha.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Now that you mention it ... Djokovic waited until he was down a set and a break to Monaco before he played five solid games of tennis to storm back and win the set 6-2. Those five games really stood out from the rest of the match, as Djokovic went back to looking frustrated and antsy in the third set. He wound up pulling it out anyway, but it was odd to see him shift into another gear for only five games and suddenly "lose" it again. He's not in the WTA. haha.
    i dont think he waited intentionally
    sometimes it takes being down before a player of his caliber gets his juices flowing
    when u win a shit load of matches and win major tourneys, its not easy to get the same type of focus all the time

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5330

I like Djokovic to win that match. He is playing this tournament now like he wants to win. He's still Djokovic.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Taking Federer for 5 units at -105.

IMO, Federer needs this, while Joker needs the French, and
    if I can ever get Joker at -125, I'm not interested.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

definitely rogi is value, he opened +143 at pinny and now he's +106

novak isnt playing well at the moment and rogi has just won madrid which should be a confidence booster as well as his motivation to regain no. 1 spot to break sampras' record

i'd take in-play odds on rogi

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

fed nadal final book ir

ParlayininHTown

Normally, I'd say Fed will win based on Djoker's struggles with his serve this week. But it's not like Fed has an overpowering serve that Djoker can't break.

I'm leaning toward Djoker, but if Nadal wins, I'll have won enough money in tennis today. No sense in getting greedy and losing some of it on a coin-flip match.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5330

Djokers previous win was pretty impressive. No way he does not go try to win. He looks focused to me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Federer for me. Seems a little better on clay than Nole.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Federer got owned in the 1st set. Geeze

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

federer is getting overwhelmed
    the dude just cant chase down shots

ParlayininHTown

Always nice to see that your lean is doing well ... Looks like Djokovic is locked in so far.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

sry, but betting on Federer-Djoko match is totally pointless and GAMBLING. U dont have any edge these kind of bets
    Federer is very stable player, but seems like, if Djoko has motivation he could kill anyone