jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I consider this match a low point in Nadal's career. I've never known him to purposely tank a match like he did today and I've lost a lot of respect for him as a player. He should of backed out if he didn't want to go on. Shady move to play and lose on purpose.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys still don't seem to understand what a tank job is in tennis. Up 5-2 in the 3rd, he choked. Even the great ones aren't immune from unraveling. We don't expect it, but it has happened plenty before. Guys don't tank in a three hour, three set grinder of a match.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Nadal just ****** up. No tank job imo

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

anyone who touched the match outside of verdasco spread likes to burn money.

this was an unplayable match to bet on other than the nando spread

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Guys still don't seem to understand what a tank job is in tennis. Up 5-2 in the 3rd, he choked. Even the great ones aren't immune from unraveling. We don't expect it, but it has happened plenty before. Guys don't tank in a three hour, three set grinder of a match.
    you do if you are trying to make a point to officials. wonder how much money the tourny is losing now that the home cooked rafa isn't involved.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    you do if you are trying to make a point to officials. wonder how much money the tourny is losing now that the home cooked rafa isn't involved.
    How about NONE

Two all time greats still in it

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

the great thing about this match is that whenever Nadal loses on clay, Fed springs a boner and swoops in to scoop up the title

hope he plays in the final

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    Don't know if the tourney lost money but without the king of clay in the final, it will definitely hurt tv/internet viewage. Even though Fed/Djoker is still in it, Nadal is the biggest draw on a clay final especially in Spain.

Towards the end of the match, they showed the tournament director and he looked PISSED when Nadal started losing. Guarantee it will effect the viewage numbers negatively.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How about NONE

you're fukked in the head if you don't think ticket sales will hurt with no nadal left.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How about NONE

Hell yes it will affect it....a NADAL/FEDERER rematch would have had at least 50% more viewage. Even though Djoker is the best player on the planet, he doesnt have anywhere near the viewage potential/number of fans vs Nadal. Maybe gamblers like us will watch it but I guarantee you globally, Nadal has much more draw than Djoker.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Hell yes it will affect it....a NADAL/FEDERER rematch would have had at least 50% more viewage. Even though SAM QUERREY is the best player on the planet, he doesnt have anywhere near the viewage potential/number of fans vs Nadal. Maybe gamblers like us will watch it but I guarantee you globally, Nadal has much more draw than Djoker.

fixed that for you, Dice

thank me later when he wins 8 straight majors starting in 2013

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Isnt this guy your favorite player of all time baskets?

Name:  funny_faces_30.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  31.2 KB

baskets

you know, Dice, Baggy was so talented.... could've won a slam. very likeable as well.

problem is he is lazy and has no drive. a shame. could've consistently been in Slam semis

I think the problem is, tho, that he went to French academies. that took the man out of him and made him all WTA VAGINA

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

that was a funny pic.....but Baggy was pretty cool.

He always had one of if not the hottest girlfriend of anyone on the tour at the time.

jjgold

Nadal knew he could win and then tanked it at end

Bad move

EaglesPhan36

You guys are some serious wackos to think he waited until he was up 5-2 and serving for the match ... and then decided to throw it? C'mon fellas, I know we're not rocket scientists here, but we're way smarter than this. If he wanted to prove a point about the clay, he could have just withdrawn from the tournament. These guys, especially the Top 4 are professionals. They make their points by not scheduling this tournament next year if the clay stays blue. There has already been talk about this. They don't go out and throw matches and if by some weird chance they did, they sure aren't good enough to cut it as close as Nadal would be doing here in your conspiracy theory. You get that close to winning a match, there is no guarantee you can lose at that point.

EaglesPhan36

Read this story. Maybe you'll understand.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nadal-l...8FIF7Qm5s4v7YF

Nadal
    ''Being able to move is very important for me and if I can't move well, I can't hit the ball well either,'' said Nadal, the second seed and two-time Madrid champion. ''If things don't change, this will be one less tournament on the calendar for me.

''This surface destabilizes the game. It is a completely different game and I don't want to take risks.''

Djokovic
    'They are claiming that the court is exactly the same as red clay, which is not true because there is a big difference,'' the defending champion said. ''You are tripping, slipping all the time, sliding. The winner will be the one who doesn't get hurt by the end of the week.''

''It's a new experience, and the way it looks this year, hopefully the last experience.''

baskets

that was a good quote

screw the past. how come no one is talking about fat Verdasco >+200 gainst Birdy????

this has all the makings of the perfect home storm

First 123