brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Classic

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirty play. I'd be pissed if I had Nadal. Players will continue to get away with this until something is done about it.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Nadal can't even hit the ball now.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

brettels

Tennis , so reliable LMFAO

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Yeah it's official.

I will go ahead and add Nadal to my list of scumbag tennis cheats.

RoryMacdonald
    RoryMacdonald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

vamos verdasco !!!!!!!!!!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Nadal just fukked up 90% of all tennis parlays today.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He lost on purpose. Up 5-2 in the 3rd set on clay. Couldn't even hit the ball all of a sudden?

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    99% **

brettels

Milllions lost around the world in this match, so glad I don't bet outside grand slams in tennis any more.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Tennis is a shady proposition. Even top players will rig matches.

Sport_Fish

Verdasco deserves some sort of royalty from the bookies around the world...he should get a small % of those millions they just made.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Tennis is a shady proposition. Even top players will rig matches.
    Guarantee you matches are fixed even in Masters. Its so easy to fix a match when you're the only component. Who gives a flying fukk about Masters and rankings nowadays. Its all about how many slams you've won in your career.

Sport_Fish

Guarantee you matches are fixed even in Masters. Its so easy to fix a match when you're the only component. Who gives a flying fukk about Masters and rankings nowadays. Its all about how many slams you've won in your career.
    But then again, why would a player like Nadal engage in fixing? No way he needs the money...his reputation has more value than any amt of money for him.

I can see players out of the top 25-50 range doing stuff like that, because many times they have no hope of cashing big in these tournys.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Milllions lost around the world in this match, so glad I don't bet outside grand slams in tennis any more.
    why the fukk people put -4000 faves in parlays is beyond me. you get what you deserve for trying to add what, $4 to your payout
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 05-10-12 at 12:31 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nadal lost interest at end

He tanked only for rest and he likes Versaco

He wanted a good workout and now does not have to play 3 more matches

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

What dumbass would put a -4000 fav in a parlay

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I didn't think this tourney would have his focus. If you listened to him talk about the blue clay you should have been hesitant to back him here.

He should win next week and i'm thinking he will take the french. didn't see the match today but I highly doubt he tanked... when verdasco is on (which isn't very often) he is a tough player and can win big matches on clay.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    What dumbass would put a -4000 fav in a parlay

I'm guessing he had Berdych and Nadal in a 2 teamer.

35 bucks to win 11.50...He really wanted that extra 1.50 and thought it was free money...Coulda just had Berdych 35 to win 10 and called it a day.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    But then again, why would a player like Nadal engage in fixing? No way he needs the money...his reputation has more value than any amt of money for him.

I can see players out of the top 25-50 range doing stuff like that, because many times they have no hope of cashing big in these tournys.

Nadal definitely didnt tank this one for the money but for his friend & countryman. He already publicly announced displeasure with the organizers and surface of this tourney.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Tsonga View Post
    I didn't think this tourney would have his focus. If you listened to him talk about the blue clay you should have been hesitant to back him here.

He should win next week and i'm thinking he will take the french. didn't see the match today but I highly doubt he tanked... when verdasco is on (which isn't very often) he is a tough player and can win big matches on clay.
    You didnt watch the entire match. It was clearly evident in that last set after being up 5-2, he missed about 10 to 15 shots. These were easy practice looking groundballs. I didnt have any money on him but definitely feel sorry for those that did.

jjgold

He tanked it for non money reasons

Case closed

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Like I said before, I dont see how any "real" competitor can tank a match/game.
    I mean, you traveled there, and had to play the 2 hour match anyway. Why not just win?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3462 View Post
    Like I said before, I dont see how any "real" competitor can tank a match/game.
    I mean, you traveled there, and had to play the 2 hour match anyway. Why not just win?
    maybe he wanted a real practice. rafa wins matches 99 times out of 100 when up 5-2 in the deciding set.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Even if he did fix it....you lost... case closed what are you going to do??

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think what's lost in all this is Verdasco played a pretty good match and had a lot of energy at the end despite playing around 2 1/2 hours yesterday. I thought for sure Nadal would wear him down in 3 sets after watching his match yesterday.

Sorry to those who lost money on this, but it's a good lesson to learn. Never put a quadruple-digit favorite in a parlay. Besides, Nadal had no business being a 40-to-1 favorite over Verdasco in the first plce. 10-to-1? Maybe ... 15-to-1? That's pushing it ... 20-to-1? Well, now you're making me laugh. But 40-to-1?

No professional should ever be a 40-to-1 favorite to beat another professional, and I don't care what the head-to-head record is between two professionals. It's not like Verdasco plays nothing but Challenger tourneys or is some qualifier who's ranked 300th.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    He can't hold his serve right now. It's pathetic that the No. 2 player in the world can't hold his serve once to close out a match against a far inferior opponent (w/ all due respect to Verdasco)
    I've heard the man has a new racket which is heavier than usual to help him have a bigger serve
    I guess he knows by now that it has to weigh at least 50 lbs to be able to gain that serve

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Verdasco is a mental midget because of his A.D.D. ... but when he can concentrate, the guy is still dangerous especially on this surface. If there is one player on tour that will not tank a match, it's Nadal. He may have had an off day or not been concentrating well, but the guy is not going to hand a match to anyone.

And from a betting perspective, if you're betting on a -2000 or -3000 favorite .... you're the idiot to begin with. Books have been progressively setting these lines more outlandishly this season than ever before to take your money. I think Verdasco was +1000 or higher for this match ... those are just stupid odds. The only time you should be seeing these odds is in the opening rounds of a Grand Slam.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    I think what's lost in all this is Verdasco played a pretty good match and had a lot of energy at the end despite playing around 2 1/2 hours yesterday. I thought for sure Nadal would wear him down in 3 sets after watching his match yesterday.

Sorry to those who lost money on this, but it's a good lesson to learn. Never put a quadruple-digit favorite in a parlay. Besides, Nadal had no business being a 40-to-1 favorite over Verdasco in the first plce. 10-to-1? Maybe ... 15-to-1? That's pushing it ... 20-to-1? Well, now you're making me laugh. But 40-to-1?

No professional should ever be a 40-to-1 favorite to beat another professional, and I don't care what the head-to-head record is between two professionals. It's not like Verdasco plays nothing but Challenger tourneys or is some qualifier who's ranked 300th.
    lol

greatest clay courter ever who hadn't lost to Verdy in over a dozen matches... and hadn't lost to countrymen on clay in nearly 10 years

I'm sure you bet Verdasco +3000 before the match.

Love these super geniuses. And I put Nadal in a few parlays to throw in a few bucks so be it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

We need not speculate on why Nadal tanked. He did it and it's done and over with. I'm sure he wasn't paid off to lose but more likely didn't want to continue with the tourney that he had already expressed displeasure about. Also who better to lose too in the Madrid tourney then a fellow spaniard who is also a friend. Is it immoral to participate in a competition with the intention of losing? Well yeah but this wasn't the first time a player has done this kind of shady activity and it won't be the last either.

jjgold

He did it for the rest and mad at tourney officials

plankton43
    plankton43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

The only reason I can see taking Nadal in a parlay is as an open spot as a last leg in a huge parlay.

I cannot believe he blew a 5-2 lead... He was vehemently against the blue clay, it would be strange of him to fix the game with a 5-2 lead in the 3rd.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I consider this match a low point in Nadal's career. I've never known him to purposely tank a match like he did today and I've lost a lot of respect for him as a player. He should of backed out if he didn't want to go on. Shady move to play and lose on purpose.

RoryMacdonald
    RoryMacdonald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

I could def. see guys like Nadal if its the last leg of your parlay and you just want to get your money or only bet nadal/djokovic/serena etc. in a 25 team parlay or something like that but.......useless.

First 123 Last