Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Going big on Nadal for Madrid (+100)

First of all, I'm one of the people who hates betting futures and having money tied up - but I can't pass on this. Nadal with no juice to win the Madrid Masters is great value...and from what we've seen of him the past several matches, I don't see him being defeated.

I realize there is some concern about the new blue colour clay, and I hope it dosen't affect Nadal's game too much. But the key here is for Nadal to make it to the finals, because his opponent will be + money...and by that time, I think I should have enough to determine whether the different colour is affecting Nadal, and if so, I will hedge. But I am likely gonna let this ride. It does help that Nadal has a relatively easy draw here to make it to the finals - key potential match-ups being against Berdych, Del Potro or Tsonga. None of whom I see beating Nadal.

Dream scenario would be if Ferrer knocks out Djoker in semis, as I see him as more of a threat. Ferrer had his chance to beat Nadal when they met in the Finals a while ago, and could not get the job done after playing about the best tennis one can play. As for Djoker, I don't see a repeat of last year...I like the way Nadal has come into this clay season and is yet to drop a set on this surface. I like the play, I like the player, and I love the odds - Nadal should take care of business.

Rafael Nadal to win Outright - Risk $750 to win $750
    Last edited by Sport_Fish; 05-05-12 at 09:05 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Best of Luck. I hate betting futures especially in tennis in case there is an injury or something.Tennis is crazy for futures in my opinion.

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Best of Luck. I hate betting futures especially in tennis in case there is an injury or something.Tennis is crazy for futures in my opinion.
    Thx...yeah like I said, I'm not a fan either of futures, and this is probably my first ever tennis future bet. But I have enough reason to make the play and feel like it will be a good hit. Don't wanna get ahead of myself, but if this does hit, I'll probably put a decent chunk of it back on Nadal for French Open.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

arent u better off betting nadal every match instead of a futures wager?

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

dream scenario would be fed knocking off djok in the semi
    anyway, djok not looking good atm and rogi will have somewhat of a tough draw facing gas-gay and ferru in his quarter

the only legit threat for wafa is delpo in the semi but wafa is the king of clay and should beat him convincingly should they meet

so all in all, your bet looks sound

freshguy222
    freshguy222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8359

i agree, only little threats for rafa on the way to the final are delpotro berdych and isner granted they serve perfect and can win a tiebreak or so but i agree, he should adavance easily and then your odss ar egreat. but you should expect a different djoker this time around, th surface favors him a little more than in motne carlo since the ball bounces lower and that is perfect for his backhand. however i dont know if djoker is able to cope with the different strategy om rafas serve, serving to novak's forehand mroe often. djoker is usually not the kind of guy who can adjust real quick to an opponent changing tactics

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    arent u better off betting nadal every match instead of a futures wager?
    I doubt it...Nadal will be -10000 or -5000 for the first couple of games I'm sure, and juice will be extremely high even if he faces a top 10 opponent in the qtrs/semi's.

Nadal future is down to -110...where it should've opened at IMO

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

you have to be realistic though...if joker plays like he did last year nadal has no chance to win. I guess you have to bank on that not happening

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    you have to be realistic though...if joker plays like he did last year nadal has no chance to win. I guess you have to bank on that not happening
    Well yeah definitely...I have to believe Nadal can continue to play in his recent form, and based on that, I have enough reason to believe he can beat Djoker again on clay.

Damn Gimeno-Traver had a shot to knock out Djoker today lol, man would that have made life easier. But it can't hurt that Djoker dropped a set to a 100+ ranked opponent. Maybe he's just slacking or he truly isn't in top form ATM.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    I doubt it...Nadal will be -10000 or -5000 for the first couple of games I'm sure, and juice will be extremely high even if he faces a top 10 opponent in the qtrs/semi's.

Nadal future is down to -110...where it should've opened at IMO
    if u bet nadal from the beginning to the end, u shud make more the -110
    more than likely, u will face top 15 players in quarters/semis/final

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    if u bet nadal from the beginning to the end, u shud make more the -110
    more than likely, u will face top 15 players in quarters/semis/final
    Well i got him at +100....but I still don't think I'd get that price if I bet him all the way. But I haven't looked into the math so I could be wrong.

Either way, already placed the bet. But I'll see if it works for the next tourny.

Sport_Fish

Go to hell Nadal....

..oh and keep burning in hell.