Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Monday Parlay: Stepanek + Verdasco (-117)

Stepanek leads the overall H2H against Nieminen, and even in clay. He's a much better match-up than the price may indicate + more experienced. Nieminen has done absolutely nothing since Sydney and he's been eliminated in the first round for the past 4 tournaments, losing to far inferior opponents than Stepanek. And those were all hard court matches, which he's much better in than clay. I usually don't trust Stepanek but just don't see Jarkko switching surfaces and beating Stepanek on clay, being in such poor form. Neiminen has been a good fade for many of his past matches and there's no indication that will change here. In addition, Stepanek did play on this surface earlier and almost beat Tips, and if he brings that game today, he should run over Neiminen.

Sport_Fish

Also playing Kohlschreiber -3.5 against Rufin. The German might be rusty, with this being his first clay match but I think this line is perfect to back him. He is a much stronger player than Rufin and a break in each set will cover this, which Kohl should be able to get.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

I, too, believe Stephanie and Tabasco will win but Tabasco is a headcase prone to numerous brain-farts during a match where Olive is a decent enough a player to trouble Tabasco.

Also, why don't you just bet the german mug to win the match? Kohlie just cannot be trusted and given this is his first clay match of the season as you said in your post makes this a no bet.

Just my 2 cents, gl.

Sport_Fish

Well I couldnt find someone to parlay with Kohl and the juice was too high to bet him SU, so went with the handicap. Glad I played it though - because somehow Stepanek managed to get spanked by Neimenen and killed the parlay.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Might be Stepanek's age is finally catching up with him - perhaps from now on he keeps his best for events that suit him? (eg indoors, grass, and only the fastest hard courts)

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I love Stepanek's game - it's old school & crafty, but his age may be catching up to him. I still think he's got another good one or two years left on tour.