EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Fade Alex Bogomolov 2012 Tour

I don't see how you can't almost blindly go against this guy now. He looks seriously as if his entire life force was spent in 2011 to spring his surprise season. He is now 6-8 in 2012 and has lost to the likes of Cipolla, Stakhovksy, Matosevic, Rochus, Gasquet, Lacko, Llodra and Benneteau.

I thought about the auto fade today with him at the Dallas Challenger, but passed. He got absolutely schooled by Cipolla in straights. I think this is going to be a long, losing year for him. Going to track as a matter of fact how it holds up to fade him every match and see if we make money in the long run. As long as he continues to get priced according to his ranking, the answer should be HELL YES.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. I wagered on Bogo several times last year and every time was a hold your breath match even with a big lead. His serve sucks and groundstrokes are mediocre. I dont see how he reached the top 30 last year.

raiderhater9572
    raiderhater9572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Mr. Eagles Phan - don't you think that Giles Muller at -160 is good value against Alexander Bogomolov. I'm pretty sure Muller has played Bogomolov tough in the past; I know Bogomolov is based in Florida and you should think he should give out a solid performance but I think that this is a task Muller can handle. I am looking to make a large tennis bet, I have been crushing NCAA basketball (posted few of my picks)...considering putting 5 units on Muller I like the value...I am also liking the value in the Starace/Harrison match. Starace at +450 is not bad value against young Ryan Harrison. Harrison is always capable of losing his head and if Starace puts up a fight Harrison could easily find trouble in a match like this. Harrison has had some solid results this year but in reality it is not far fetched at all to see Starace come out with a win here.

EaglesPhan36

I'm not a real fan of Muller's game right now, but again I don't see how anyone could warrant backing Bogomolov. You would think on serve alone, Muller should have a good shot - but there are times when Muller completely disappears as well. I'd advise against making a "large" tennis bet. Those seem to backfire too much.

I don't see the point of using Harrison at the massive price obviously, but I don't think Starace is much more than a long shot try. But who knows. Stranger things have happened.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Only some of those losses you pointed out were to subpar players. Nevertheless, I'll follow along.

EaglesPhan36

Sorry, did not mean to suggest the players he lost to were bad, but his losses have either come to players he should be competing with and beating according to where he was at the end of last season .... or he has been completely outclassed by the guys like Benneteau and Gasquet.

EaglesPhan36

Suck-cess. Muller tried pretty hard to choke.

BobW
    BobW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

Fade him against Harrison?