louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Blake vs. Gonzalez

anyone else like Gonzalez over Blake at 4:00, i just put a little on Gonzalez.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I know its (almost) a set down but I bet a decent amount on Gonzo... Blake hasn't beat him in years... 1st set Gonzo...

Boner_18
    Update your status

Great play from Gonzo right now, really working the mid court forehand. This in turn is making Blake feel helpless, looks like a classic Blake meltdown at this point.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i onlt put 10 bucks on him, just picked him cause i was on espn streak contest and over 80% were on Blake, and after i clicked on Gonzo and seen his record for the year and past match-ups i had to throw a little on him for the hell of it.

Boner_18
    Update your status

safe play. after seeing blake yesterday i think it is safe to put the fade on him. he is unsure of his own style, mentally defeating himself and needs to regroup. unless he makes some changes to his game i see him dropping out of the top 20 in '09.

Boner_18
    Update your status

not to mention the betting public (at least those in the states) continues to bet on him, making his opponents line have value.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

They're quite closely matched, so it comes down to mental strength on a few points. Blake is a long time choker, Gonzalez is a fighter (eg the insane Aus Open matches vs Hewitt).

It's interesting how that fact makes such a large difference that Gonzo wins 7 in a row vs him, despite several very close matches. Like Nadal-Federer, it's almost as if the contrast in one particular aspect is exaggerated in the matchup at critical moments.