EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sign In If You're Staying After The Australian Open Ends

I know we get a lot of drop-ins for the Slams. Anyone get hooked and staying with us here in the tennis forum after this weekend?

I'm starting a contest next week for betpoints. We've got two indoor tournaments in Europe and a clay courter in Chile starting on Monday. I cordially invite you to stay and lose your fukkin' mind betting tennis. Don't be a drop-in Slam weasel.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I will always be here going crazy..
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave beefcake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Asdf.

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

I'd like to but I don't think my heart can handle betting tennis on a consistent basis, haha. These last two weeks have easily aged me 30 years.

Is there somewhere online that you can watch matches for free? I've enjoyed ESPN3's coverage of the Aussie Open and being able to watch multiple matches at once.

tevari

Quote Originally Posted by goblue24 View Post
    I'd like to but I don't think my heart can handle betting tennis on a consistent basis, haha. These last two weeks have easily aged me 30 years.

Is there somewhere online that you can watch matches for free? I've enjoyed ESPN3's coverage of the Aussie Open and being able to watch multiple matches at once.
    www.lshunter.tv - tennis tab. good streams.
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave tevari 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

I think I am going to give in next month and add the Tennis Channel to my TV package. Been considering it for a while. Think it will be the best and worst thing I ever did.

Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This will be my first year posting here in SBR for tennis wagering, I will be here for most tourney's in the future not just slams, the juice is a lot but over my 10years tennis has been the most consistant cash cow if you arent trying to get rich IMO I like it!

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    www.lshunter.tv - tennis tab. good streams.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

beefcake
    Update your status

Once you get sucked into the SBR Tennis forum, you cant check out.Its like a bad case of the clap that you can never seem to fix.

tevari

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Once you get sucked into the SBR Tennis forum, you cant check out.Its like a bad case of the clap that you can never seem to fix.
    i had it on '08, then went to a clinic and got like 400 penicillin pills. though, they did prescribe me amoxicillin or some shit for the case i had. nasty shit.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I will be here. Hell ya.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think I am going to give in next month and add the Tennis Channel to my TV package. Been considering it for a while. Think it will be the best and worst thing I ever did.
    There is no question I would get that channel if they let us get it in Canada....CRtC control freaks.

Then again- I get all the majors and masters tourney's so I see a decent amount.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

tennis has got to be the most EXCRUCIATING sports to bet on. it will absolutely tear your guts insisw and out and back again !

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I am going to, use to watch tennis all the time. Have missed out the last few years. As far as watching tennis, just google first row sports. Should get you some free viewing on the net.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I'll be here. Also, be kinda happy when the "grand slam only" kids beat it.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Hell no, damn Australian Open cost me all my monthly poker earnings :@

If I can win it all back from the Finals this Sunday ill start to like tennis more =)

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Montpellier, Zagreb and Vina Del Mar, will be there.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I'll be here.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Slams and masters only for me - the other tourneys are crap shoots and Ive got better sports to watch and bet on

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Slams and masters only for me - the other tourneys are crap shoots and Ive got better sports to watch and bet on
    Yeahbut, if I at least keep an eye on the other tournaments I feel like I have a lot more confidence when it comes to the slams.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yeahbut, if I at least keep an eye on the other tournaments I feel like I have a lot more confidence when it comes to the slams.
    Very good post. I dont know if I would have time to look over every contest this year on some of these smaller tourneys , I have kept really good records over the years of my wagers in tennis so I know which tourneys to avoid and which ones to increase my wagers. Wagering tennis is a year round activity for me until after the US Open, than its always just been a loser for me. I am usually pretty burnt out with tennis after the Open as well, season is just too long.

People should stay here and contribute something if they can, I can say without a doubt there is not a better contributor to any tennis forum anywhere than EaglesPhan. Eagles always has something interesting on stuff that most people on most forums rarely even look at like challengers and doubles. I just love the discussion, a great help when wagering on tennis. Having smart people like Eagles and Shari discussing tennis are great to have when looking at tennis.

I hope this tennis sub-forum grows this year and especially more Europeans and asians get involved here, judging from the numbers and volume at BetFair wagering tennis is really booming. Pathetic offerings from most US facing books on the Australian Open this year, the most miserable odds and props and spreads on a Slam that I can remember.

I would love to see more dialogue on trading on Betfair, and more Euros, Aussie/Asians on here, wagering through Pinnacle or Betfair seems to be more of a must now than anytime I can remember. At least 5dimes has alot of challenger lines and doubles numbers but their numbers are just horrible.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Oh for sure, it helps, but once you've got a good feel for the top 20 players games you don't need to watch all of their matches to be successful in the bigger tournaments - in fact, sometimes it's actually better to base things off stats then what they look like playing in the lesser tourneys. Tennis is a great sport to watch and bet on - Slams and Masters make up 15 weeks of the year or so, throw in the other major prize money events and you've got a good 20 weeks of betting out of 52 - that's plenty enough for me.

Champ2399
    Champ2399's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32792

Exhibition matches in a few weeks at Madison Square Garden -- Monday, March 5th.

Wozniacki vs. Sharapova and Federer vs. Roddick.

EaglesPhan36

Well I hope a lot of you guys will stay around and not be just Slam drop-ins, this place is a lot more helpful with more people posting picks.

beefcake
    Update your status

Yeah, me and Eagles cant scour Twitter and Facebook to come up with Challenger angles by ourselves..We need help...

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Yeah, me and Eagles cant scour Twitter and Facebook to come up with Challenger angles by ourselves..We need help...
    Count me in.

EaglesPhan36

I have to say Challengers are a very guilty pleasure, but they honestly might be better betting matches than a lot of the ATP level matches. Mostly, those guys are there because they need money to eat and travel to their next tournament. Effort is rarely an issue with those guys. The ones you watch out for are the mostly ATP level guys who do drop downs to either try and get form or rape a tournament for the title cash. Wondering if James Blake might do this again .... last news I found on him was he was rehabbing his knee and hoping to start up at San Jose.

Speaking of Twitter, this gem from Dmitry Tursunov.

5 in the morning on Saturday and I have guests! No, not crabs... It's Doooping control! It's doooping control! They come and take ur urine - it's do-ping cont-rol!!!
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-28-12 at 05:43 PM.

gregm

I wish I knew more about them, I have a friend who is a tennis coach who runs clinics and he gives me some names of players to watch and I have been to some tournaments in Florida but so much of my stuff comes from what data I can gather for matches and certainly not alot to work with in challengers.

I like this twitter,facebook angle. If you guys ever need anyone to do some legwork for you , I would love to learn more about wagering these tourneys.