jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    shari this is a man's forum so I suggest you take a walk
    Mathy stay out of this thread, is it time for you to go to bed yet??

Odds your in pajamas right now with 1000 stripes on them with the feet inserts -570

Odds Corbin wearing tight slacks looking for pussy online -870

If Nadal hits shorts balls tonight he gets fukkin destroyed, he needs to hit more winners

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    from what i read shari you and i like nadal 3-1 or 3-2 ?
    Yeah I have him and the over 3.5. I went with what I liked immediately after the Djoko/Murray match and I'm not backing down from it although all of this other info kind of clouds your head a bit if you read too much. I had initially debated Fed and even Murray in the Semis until I rewatched their previous matches again and then changed my mind to Djoko and Nadal. Now that I've had the chance to rewatch the two Semis again yesterday, I'm sticking with my initial bet. If I lose, so be it but I'd much rather have my money on Nadal as a dog in this one based on what I saw again. GL sweethook

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What assumptions would you have about a female from TBay who hasn't lived there in 12 years?
    The average girl cannot write that well. Or, they can; however, they will not do so as that is not the norm.

All I am trying to say is you know your shit. On here, no one will give you respect because you are female.

Ever planning on visiting home?

hels

As well Shari, I am wondering why there are no badges for the high roller tournament. Badges are the only reason for respect at sbr.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

The average girl cannot write that well. Or, they can; however, they will not do so as that is not the norm.

All I am trying to say is you know your shit. On here, no one will give you respect because you are female.

Who's not respecting Shari? She gets plenty of respect, and it's not because she's a chick.

jjgold

Shari are you all in here on Nadal??

I cannot follow if your betting him not

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Interesting perspective from someone on a tennis forum:

I'll say it again : this tournament is a sign of God for Nadal :

- against Fed, he had the only cool day of the tournament (21 celsius to start) hence slow conditions.

- today, he will have a very hot day (32 celsius to start), and everyone knows that Djokovic dislikes the heat ... and all the more with all of his breathing problems recently and long match against Murray.

I don't know why Nadal deserves that from God.

It's hot and humid as fukking hell in Melbourne now

is this a possible ??

shari91

I think I've been here long enough now that most guys couldn't care less if I'm a female or not. They just talk to me like anyone else. Once in awhile you get the little kiddies who have nothing relevant to add to a discussion so they try to throw that in like it's a jab but really they embarrass themselves more than they ever make me feel uncomfortable.

I've only been back home a couple of times since my mom died. Too painful and too far now obviously. Once I'm living on that side of the world again, I'm going to make an effort to go back more now that I have my son. Relatives are getting older and I have a cottage just sitting on Lake Superior waiting to be enjoyed again by a kid again.

As well Shari, I am wondering why there are no badges for the high roller tournament. Badges are the only reason for respect at sbr.
    I'm not sure about badges. That's an Admin thing. Sorry hels.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Shari are you all in here on Nadal??

I cannot follow if your betting him not
    I'm on him. Definitely not all in though. Normal bet. I said before the lines were released that I thought they'd be +120 or +130. FLC came in and said he saw +140 so I grabbed it at Pinny +141. Justin7 just posted that Djoko and the under are the right sides but I'm not moving from my initial thought. If I do, I'm just going to be pissed laying chalk if Nadal pulls it off and I initially had the right side.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Shari need your help

I have a 3 dimes to fukk with

You being the tennis expert who should I throw my money on. Thanks

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Shari, what are you wearing right now?

hels

I think I've been here long enough now that most guys couldn't care less if I'm a female or not. They just talk to me like anyone else. Once in awhile you get the little kiddies who have nothing relevant to add to a discussion so they try to throw that in like it's a jab but really they embarrass themselves more than they ever make me feel uncomfortable. I've only been back home a couple of times since my mom died. Too painful and too far now obviously. Once I'm living on that side of the world again, I'm going to make an effort to go back more now that I have my son. Relatives are getting older and I have a cottage just sitting on Lake Superior waiting to be enjoyed again by a kid again. I'm not sure about badges. That's an Admin thing. Sorry hels.
    I just bought a place on Haviland Bay and have been there often. I know you're on the other end but just the drive there is wonderful. I head up to Wawa a couple times a year as well... Gorgeous. I thought you were an admin?

Either way, you sound much too intelligent for the typical N ont girl. You should feel happy about getting out though. Most of us don't.

You know, 3 of the boys I curled with in highschool have been to the brier twice (one of them 3 times).... Ya, I miss being on the rink everyday. I'll take a pic and pm you a yearbook pic of the 4 of us tomorrow so you can verify what I'm saying.

I hope Rafa wins.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

based on this title. The insinuation is Djokovic is somehow not 100% therefore he cannnot beat Nadal. On the contrary, he can most definitely beat Nadal and I will be suprised if this is not the result. I'll take the better overall player who we know will give it his all to be tourney champion against a guy who let's face it he has owned Nadal.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Shari need your help

I have a 3 dimes to fukk with

You being the tennis expert who should I throw my money on. Thanks
    I am by no means a tennis expert. If you're going to put big money on this match (which I don't think you should do unless you're a pro), I'd probably advise following Justin7 because at least you know he's betting comparable to you and isn't some random air bettor without a clue. He's on Djoko and the under. I'm on Nadal and the over 3.5 sets. Both of our 2nd bets can hit but not the first obviously. And I'm also playing these to win/for one unit. He's worried about limits at books and trying to get cash down everywhere so that should say something. I like both of my bets but I'd never put big money on a Final no matter how confident I was. I focus on earlier rounds when lines are unbalanced and they're mainly set on rankings and H2H (both largely irrelevant with middle of the road players).

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Why is this thread getting so much attention? Is tonights match like the superbowl of tennis or something? I dont know shit about tennis but went large on Joker anyway.

Shari talked me into it.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

If it means anything I have won my only 2 tennis positions this tourney:

Isner +110, match before he got defeated.
    Victoria +110/138 yest when she was down 2 games to 0.

I will look to bet Joker, unfortunately wont be able to watch it .

Gdluck

PR9

Just one more write-up on this match that I found:

My thoughts on what Rafa can do to stop Novak (full post on my blog):

With the Nadal-Djokovic final less than 24 hours away, this post will analyse the crucial patterns of play between these two baseline masters.

With Djokovic winning all six of their encounters in 2011, it is fairly safe to say that he has a successful gameplan against Rafa, one which he has put into practice numerous times and which he must have enormous confidence in.

Therefore, this post will focus more on what Nadal can do to counter Djokovic’s gameplan which so clearly has a stranglehold over him, much in the same way as Nadal has had a complete ownership of Roger Federer for so many years.

The Nadal Forehand Down-the-Line:

While Nadal has reigned as undisputed King of Clay for some years now, there have always been doubts over his hard court ability at the highest level when up against a real big hitter on the surface. Due to his long swing on the forehand, players will often target that side with deep, pacey shots, hoping that Nadal will cough up a short ball or an unforced error from that side.

Novak Djokovic is perhaps the player best equipped to pummel the Nadal forehand. Rafa is a lefty,which means that to attack his forehand the ball must be struck towards the left hand side of the court, more easily termed the Ad-court. Djokovic is right handed, therefore his cross-court backhand will go the Ad-court, as will his inside-out forehand. Djokovic hits the backhand cross court better than just about any other player on tour (taking into account movement to that side as well). He has a short take back, sets it up precisely and is extremely consistent. More importantly, his movement when stretched to his backhand is freakishly good, probably even better than Nadal’s. He is rarely forced to take one hand off the racquet and resort to a slice – for the most part he uses his flexibility and speed to slide into the shot, always perfectly on balance with his upper body rotation making errors from this wing very rare.

His inside-out forehand is a much improved shot. Like many other modern players, his extreme western grip and naturally spinny forehand means it is a lot more comfortable to hit with power when he can open up his body on the inside-out shot. He seems to have great confidence in this play against Nadal, and despite the very flat trajectory of the shot, also has a great consistency when hitting it.

All this amounts to Nadal’s forehand wing receiving a jolly good rogering whenever he comes up against the Serbian star. When under attack, Nadal’s natural strategy has always been to use his left handed forehand to hit an extremely spinny shot up high to his opponents backhand: the spin pushes the opponent back further being the baseline, and the height of the shot makes it difficult to attack. For the aforementioned reason of Novak’s backhand being an impregnable fortress, Nadal simply must force himself to hit his forehand down the line, to the Djokovic forehand. It is a far riskier shot (less net clearance and less space to bring the ball up and down), but he has proven in the past that he is capable of executing.

The Nadal Serve:

It is almost a tennis-euphemism to say that spinning a three-quarter pace serve to Novak Djokovic’s backhand is a death wish. Towards the end of the fourth set of their semi-final, Djokovic was hitting winners at will off Murray’s first and second serve. Murray’s first serve is far quicker and stronger than Nadal’s, meaning Rafa will enjoy very little success in trying to coax errors or short balls from the Djokovic backhand by attacking it with the kind of spinny serve usually reserved for drawing an innumerable amount of errors from Roger Federer’s backhand.

Therefore, he will have to abandon his high-percentage strategy in favour of more risky serving. On the ad-side, he can’t keep on trying to slide a slice serve out to Djokovic’s backhand – he must also mix it up with the flat cannon down the T. Likewise on the deuce court, he will have to be able to hit both corners to keep Djokovic off-guard and guessing. A tall order for a man not usually associated with Croatian-level serving, but a vital one nonetheless.

The Djokovic Volley:

Despite an impressive change in attitude in 2011, Djokovic is not a natural volleyer. In his post-match interview after the semi-final clash against Andy Murray, he joked that he was sorry to legendary player Rod Laver (who was in the crowd for the match) for not serve-volleying more, saying that his generation isn’t accustomed to moving forward from the baseline.

Djokovic is correct in that today’s players are pitifully poor in the volleying department compared to the great players of the past. In his relentless pursuit for greatness, Djokovic has ironed out every weakness in his game, improving not only the technical aspect of his volleys and approach shots, but also developing a very positive attitude toward the net game and a healthy sort of humility in his admittance that this is not a strong area of his game.

In an era when Roger Federer, one of the true all-time greats, stubbornly refuses to work on his weaknesses (even when it is resulting in being absolutely dominated by his closest rival), it is refreshing to see a no.1 player who acknowledges and can even laugh about his weaknesses. More importantly though, Djokovic put in the hours on the practice court, honing his volleying technique and improving his reactions at the net. This was combined with Novak coming forward an increasing amount during matches; he didn’t always win the point, but he kept coming, and gradually started to improve to the point where he could competently finish points at the net

This might not seem important when he’s up against Rafael Nadal, a man who has some of the most ferocious passing shots in the history of the game. But it is because of the Spaniard’s incredible defense, speed and anticipation that it becomes vital to have the confidence and the ability to come to the net when Nadal is off balance, and finish the point. Many players lose the confidence to come to the net against Nadal after one-too many spectacular passing shot winners from the Spaniard tends to rips the belief from them. One aspect in which Djokovic has been excellent is in his mentality - he is extremely self assured, calm and does not mind losing the kind of long ‘highlight reel’ points which end up with him passed at the net, Nadal aggressively pumping his fist and shouting Vamos! in his direction and the crowd going crazy on their feet. Where others might become intimidated, frustrated or annoyed, Djokovic will calmly go about his way. Nadal must go outside of his comfort zone to find a way to break Djokovic’s confidence.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I am by no means a tennis expert. If you're going to put big money on this match (which I don't think you should do unless you're a pro), I'd probably advise following Justin7 because at least you know he's betting comparable to you and isn't some random air bettor without a clue. He's on Djoko and the under. I'm on Nadal and the over 3.5 sets. Both of our 2nd bets can hit but not the first obviously. And I'm also playing these to win/for one unit. He's worried about limits at books and trying to get cash down everywhere so that should say something. I like both of my bets but I'd never put big money on a Final no matter how confident I was. I focus on earlier rounds when lines are unbalanced and they're mainly set on rankings and H2H (both largely irrelevant with middle of the road players).
    thanks for the insight shari

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Why is this thread getting so much attention? Is tonights match like the superbowl of tennis or something? I dont know shit about tennis but went large on Joker anyway.

Shari talked me into it.
    the Murray/Joker match the other night puts the boring and overrated superbowl to shame.

there is no comparison

And yes, tonight is a major and a Grand Slam final. Only a few of these majors per year. This one tonight is the first major final match of the year/season, it's not just any tournament, but a major - like Wimbledon, the US Open, and French Open

first one of the year is this one: the Australian open.. then the French Open in Paris is next in about 4 months, followed by Wimbledon in London right before NFL training camps start (to give you a timeframe).. and finally the US Open in NYC a couple months after that

there's lots of tournaments in between, but not nearly as important as those ones ..
    Last edited by PR9; 01-28-12 at 11:07 PM.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah I am on nadal ml +140.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mathy stay out of this thread, is it time for you to go to bed yet??

Odds your in pajamas right now with 1000 stripes on them with the feet inserts -570

Odds Corbin wearing tight slacks looking for pussy online -870

If Nadal hits shorts balls tonight he gets fukkin destroyed, he needs to hit more winners

Correct
    It is my Saturday evening gambling outfit

Coach since when do you wear tight slacks ??

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    the Murray/Joker match the other night puts the boring and overrated superbowl to shame.

there is no comparison

And yes, tonight is a major and a Grand Slam final. Only a few of these majors per year. This one tonight is the first major of the year, it's not just any tournament, but a major - like Wimbledon, the US Open

All these matches put the superbowl to shame

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

just put 15k on Nadal.
    No but seriously ridin with Nadal here.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

FLC posted in another thread that money's been coming in on Nadal on Betfair and the line has dropped 2 cents and he expected Pinny to follow suit so it might be a good time to grab him if you're debating it before the other books adjust.
    I think you slightly misinterpreted. Money has been heavy for Nadal since yesterday on Betfair and despite that the line has only moved 2 cents. I would expect that also to be the case at Pinny.

That being the case, it would appear that both Pinny and the bigger traders are willing to stand that exposure (i.e. have been leaning toward Djoker).

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 02:48 PM. Reason: image does not exist

ApricotSinner32

I feel fuking dirty that I am on nadal even though we know shari is sbr's tennis version of brock landers and is here to bury the suckers who e-crush on her. I feel like I fell for the trap.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

I think you slightly misinterpreted. Money has been heavy for Nadal since yesterday on Betfair and despite that the line has only moved 2 cents. I would expect that also to be the case at Pinny.

That being the case, it would appear that both Pinny and the bigger traders are willing to stand that exposure (i.e. have been leaning toward Djoker).
    Ah, I just read the money was coming in on Nadal and the line had moved. Didn't see the "since yesterday" part. Thanks for clearing it up

Patty, I was also on Djoko and Nadal in the Semis when not many on here were. I'm not out to bury anyone. Just doing my own thing and having fun in the Tennis Forum. Nice to see people take an interest in a sport I love even though 99% of them will disappear tomorrow.

ApricotSinner32

Ah, I just read the money was coming in on Nadal and the line had moved. Didn't see the "since yesterday" part. Thanks for clearing it up

Patty, I was also on Djoko and Nadal in the Semis when not many on here were. I'm not out to bury anyone. Just doing my own thing and having fun in the Tennis Forum. Nice to see people take an interest in a sport I love even though 99% of them will disappear tomorrow.
    I guess in theory you are correct that you wouldn't need to bury everyone because most will bury themselves naturally on their own. It's the gambling circle of life. Point taken lets move on.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post

I guess in theory you are correct that you wouldn't need to bury everyone because most will bury themselves naturally on their own. It's the gambling circle of life. Point taken lets move on.
    And fwiw, I told Smoke to tail Justin7 on Djoko. In actuality, now that FLC pointed out what I missed in his post, I should be quite concerned about my bet and the fact that Justin and his army are on the opposite side. But I'm too stubborn to change my mind at this point. I guess that's the benefit of not betting much on this one. Pop in my match thread if you're awake for it. GL to us.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinny has Nadal +2.5 sets -363, and Joker +2.5 sets -875...that's such a huge difference, fishy.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Going with Nadal. None of my books have favorable lines compared to Pinnacle, though. Best I could do was get +140 at 5 Dimes.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

And fwiw, I told Smoke to tail Justin7 on Djoko. In actuality, now that FLC pointed out what I missed in his post, I should be quite concerned about my bet and the fact that Justin and his army are on the opposite side. But I'm too stubborn to change my mind at this point. I guess that's the benefit of not betting much on this one. Pop in my match thread if you're awake for it. GL to us.
    Justin and his crew hammering Djoker now! Around 300k matched on him in the last 8 mins.
    Nadal available at +144 now.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Justin and his crew hammering Djoker now! Around 300k matched on him in the last 8 mins.
    Nadal available at +144 now.

get on Nadal fast

thats all I needed to hear

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Locked and load on Nadal , Nadal ML +135

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

O/U 40 million traded by match end?

First 1234 Last