Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Murray for the Upset

after losing in straight sets to the same guy last year revenge has to be on his mind.......Should be a good match I will hold off on any bets until live betting is available .....
    Last edited by Betn247; 01-26-12 at 10:48 AM.

Betn247

I just noticed my local was giving the match @ 255 and online it is 285 I jumped on Djok just after doing a little more digging I cant see how Murray can even win 2 sets here in this match......maybe it will be the new coach he has but I will be strongly rooting for Djok now BOL

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Ivan Lendl majic coaching juju will come into play.Lendl had a killer instinct and went for the throat the whole time.Hopefully this rubs odd on Murray..

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Ivan Lendl majic coaching juju will come into play.Lendl had a killer instinct and went for the throat the whole time.Hopefully this rubs odd on Murray..
    He lost in straight sets last year, IMO the coach can only help so much....Djok is the hottest player in tennis I have already put my ticket in now just 14 hours to wait and see

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Murray crumbles in big tournaments time and time again - Nadal has been his main bogeyman in the last year and a bit and I think knowing that he'll be meeting Nadal in the final will be slightly deflating for him.

That said - I'm playing the over in this game given the Ivan factor, but hedged with Joker -2.5 sets, if Murray isn't there mentally this match will be over in 3.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Revenge doesn't play into it...people say that all the time. it will come down to who plays vbetter, makes more or less mistakes and momentum...sometimes you play too hard and that isn't good as well.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Murray crumbles in big tournaments time and time again - Nadal has been his main bogeyman in the last year and a bit and I think knowing that he'll be meeting Nadal in the final will be slightly deflating for him.

That said - I'm playing the over in this game given the Ivan factor, but hedged with Joker -2.5 sets, if Murray isn't there mentally this match will be over in 3.
    Murray can be soft at times. If he isn't getting Aces he can't win period.

nyplayer33

5 dimes as djork at low 200's

nyplayer33

minus 230 5dimes djork

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I really like the OVER 38.5 games...if Murray is capable of beating Djoko here, then game goes over for sure. And considering his recent form, he should very likely atleast win 1 set which would likely hit the over as well.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

You guys are crazy if you pick murray.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Murray can be soft at times. If he isn't getting Aces he can't win period.
    Serve will be crucial but Murray has much more than just a serve, in fact I think apart from Fed, Murray potentially matches up the best with Joker of anyone in the tour. He has the same ability as Rafa to keep the point alive and his serve gets him more free points. Joker as good as he is will have spurts of unforced errors in every match - this gives Murray a great chance of at least taking one set.

That's why I think the over 37.5 games is the right play here.

petermans23
    the whale picks
    petermans23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4703

I remember last year when Murray played Djokovic. Murray played really well first set, but there were some crucial points where Djokovic did hit 3 or 4 increadible points that all hit the lines and because of that he won 2 games he shouldn´t normally in the first set. After that first set which Murray should have won Murray kind of gave up, you could see that in his body language.
    If Murray could get a good start anything is possible. For Murray it is so much about self confidence.
    If he plays well it could well go over 37.5 games like benrama said.
    I might give over 37.5 games a shot.
    Good luck to all of you whatever you take!

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

I'm on Djokovic
    Murray having a new coach is not enough to beat joker... And the fact it's a Major the pressure is too great for him to overcome!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Said it in another thread, if Murray is going to win, this is his spot. No pressure on him. This is a SEMIFINAL, not a FINAL. He's been here, done that in semis of Slams. Djokovic is the one who has the expectations to live up to this year and he's shown some vulnerability the last two rounds - had some breathing issues and the phantom hamstring injury or non-injury against Ferrer. Of course the caveat is he still came through both matches in fairly routine fashion, but still there were moments when his opponents had their chances - Djokovic simply played better in the big points. Still, Murray is going to make him earn it. He will engage Djokovic in rallies and force him to make his shots - that's the way Murray plays and I think that is the only way to beat Djokovic, hope you can wear him down over 5 sets and he starts making errors. If Djokovic doesn't make errors, he does not lose. I think this version of Murray has shown some grit, a little edge - maybe that is Lendl, maybe not. Murray will have to play near perfect & Djokovic will have to be less than his best, but can that happen? Sure. Murray's serve is essential here. He cannot dig himself into holes like he did against Nishikori and keep trying to dig himself out of break points - Djokovic will punish that. Interesting match IMO.

GBGoPackGoGB
    GBGoPackGoGB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the first set to Djok, better odds than Djok overall. I see something like 6-4, 7-5, 6-7, 6-3 to Djok. I think the odds of Djok winning the first set are very strong.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

EaglesPhan36 is dead on....The is the best matchup for Murray.

Djokovic will win but Murray will keep it close and win a set or two. The over 37.5 is the better bet.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Djokovic looked iffy physically in spots against ferrer last round.......

I am going to go over in the games

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Quote Originally Posted by GBGoPackGoGB View Post
    I like the first set to Djok, better odds than Djok overall. I see something like 6-4, 7-5, 6-7, 6-3 to Djok. I think the odds of Djok winning the first set are very strong.
    If you take Djok to win the first set at lets say -200..

If you also take the OVER 3.5 sets along with it and Murray takes the first set, even though you lose the Djok bet, the OVER 3.5 is pretty much a lock at this point

and if Djok takes the first, you still have 2 sets for Murray to steal one...

Just a thought idk if imma do it yet

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Serve will be crucial but Murray has much more than just a serve, in fact I think apart from Fed, Murray potentially matches up the best with Joker of anyone in the tour. He has the same ability as Rafa to keep the point alive and his serve gets him more free points. Joker as good as he is will have spurts of unforced errors in every match - this gives Murray a great chance of at least taking one set.

That's why I think the over 37.5 games is the right play here.
    Thanks for your input. Murray will struggle tonight.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

just take the over if you like Murray. it will be a winner.