gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Day 7 picks

YTD 29-25 +4.92

Monfils ruins what would have been a great day. I dont have any time for long writeups today. Yesterday most of the heavy favorites ended up winning and covering the spread on games, except of course, for my parlays with Monfils. I dont see any upsets today and thats never a good thing wagering, because you know there will be. Hate laying all this chalk but I just dont see much I really like to take the handicap with or even an over. Maybe Jankovic or Makarova or Kohli might be worth taking a shot with the handicap or totals.

Clijsters -155 risk 1.55

Berdych -6 -113 risk 1.13

C.Wozniacki Wins 2-0 +125 risk 1

Nadal -2.5 sets -186 risk 3.72

Federer -2.5 sets -130 risk 1.3

parlay Nadal/ Federer/ Azarenka/ Berdych -192 risk 3.84

Sunday Ferrer -190 risk 1.9
    Last edited by gregm; 01-21-12 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added Berdych and another unit on Nadal

caboman
    UNLV baby!!!
    caboman's Avatar Become A Pro!

ferrer at my book is +165... what the heck is going on there... he hurt or something??

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Quote Originally Posted by caboman View Post
    ferrer at my book is +165... what the heck is going on there... he hurt or something??
    lol you should take the +165, before your book will change it...

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Berdych
    Woz 2-0. Not so sure thats a safe bet. Only risking a unit i suppose...On Janko myself!

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good luck BBr and everybody. I know what you are saying about the woz/jankovic match but this is one opponent who really seems to fit into Wozs style of play, Jankovic doesnt have that strong forehand or serve and with Wozs speed she should be all over Jankovic and these long rallies.

Woz took all three matches last year against Jankovic and two of them in straight sets and these were on clay as well,not Wozs best surface by any means. The over is probably the safest play but if Wozniacki loses this she isnt going to hang on to number one, I will fade her next round against Clijsters or Li, and this match is the perfect style of opponent for her. A 3 setter wouldn't surprise me at all though.

I have to add another unit on Aussie Kim. Horrible line I got this morning. These US facing offshore tennis books are just the worst, its becoming impossible to even wager at 5dimes anymore. They dont even try anymore. Clijsters - 2-110 risk 1.10

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wozniacki needs to lose than ranking. In all honesty, we all know who the #1 WTA player is when she's playing - Serena. Rankings are just there because they have to be ... I also feel like Woz would benefit from not having that distinction of being the top seed and people always classifying her right away as "not having won a Major." I'm either on JJ money line or the over. Still deciding. I had picked this as the spot where Woz would lose I think in the bracket contest.

Your Clijsters ML was in line with most books I saw Greg, I used it in a parlay with Berdych because I'm allergic to betting money lines over -145 or so in tennis.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I think Na Li has looked really, really sharp since coming to Australia and you can tell she has been putting in a lot of hard work into her game and fitness (the commentators haven't stopped talking about it) - what is it you are seeing in Clijsters that you like in the matchup? I realise she is well loved here in Australia.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clijsters owns Li in Slams so far. Until she beats her on the grand stage, I think Kim is the pick. I expect Li could take a set like last year, but Clijsters ... especially in what is her swan song in her favorite Slam ...

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Owns Li? They've only played once in slams since 2009, in last years Australian Open, and that was a tough 3 setter. The other match in 2011 on hard court Li won. Li of 2012 is a very different beast than 2009, 2010 even, so nothing prior to that is relevant.

Just feels like this is a true coin flip and so you take the girl at +125 type odds every time; but then again I thought Tipsy was a coin flip against Gasquet yesterday so what do I know.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    Owns Li? They've only played once in slams since 2009, in last years Australian Open, and that was a tough 3 setter. The other match in 2011 on hard court Li won. Li of 2012 is a very different beast than 2009, 2010 even, so nothing prior to that is relevant. Just feels like this is a true coin flip and so you take the girl at +125 type odds every time; but then again I thought Tipsy was a coin flip against Gasquet yesterday so what do I know.
    Hoping Li na can get pass clijsters today. This will really show us what she's made of.