Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Parlay for Thursday...thoughts?

I'm thinking of going big on this parlay:

Nadal + Federer + Ferrer + Wozniacki + Jankovic

Its only at -190 ...so Ill be risking alot but had a brutal last 2 weeks and just wanna recover some units to shake things off.

I hate chasing losses but this time I just feel strong here. Anyone see this parlay not hitting?

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i really don't understand the love for jankovic. she hasn't made it past the 3rd round in the past few years. mchale is an awesome young talent, playing on a big stage, and ready to make an impact. The name jankovic makes everyone want to pick her or put in a parlay but she really isn't THAT good at this point in time.

Sport_Fish

Well i'd say shes getting a decent price here....you have to give her credit for looking solid past couple games, so I think she should come up with a victory here without many difficulties.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

she hasn't played anyone. Her first round opponent was 16 YEARS OLD and ranked 142. Her 2nd round opponent was ranked 149 and has never played past the 2nd round of a major let alone hardly qualified for ANY majors. you can't compare her play in the first 2 rounds and say "yea she has looked solid because she won easily" that's not fair. She has looked solid beating qualifiers while now she faces an actual SOLID player in McHale. I think the handicap of McHale +4.5 (+100) looks much better and valuable than Jankovic here.

By the way you wanted to know if I saw the parlay not hitting and YES this is why I see the parlay POSSIBLY not hitting.

Not to mention it also took Ferrer 5 sets to beat Sweeting and now he faces #27 Chela who he SHOULD beat but you have to factor in how he's playing as well.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Throw in Barthel +games instead of Janko-alien..other than that you are solid IMO

Sport_Fish

I'm taking out Ferrer + Jankovic and replacing with Del Potro + Berdych.

Less payout but I think I'll feel more comfortable risking alot with these two.

Sport_Fish

Or maybe Wawrinka is a better one to add than Berdych.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....

Hope you didn't add wawrinka

Sport_Fish

no, i decided to keep Jankovic, phew.