Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

My Aus Open Plays!

All plays will be posted here.

Looks like we are in for a cracker of a tourney with the weather forecast looking great for at least an entire week.

I've got futures on Murray & Nadal and Kvitova & Li Na.

There are a couple of plays I like already but, just waiting for totals to be released.

One match I'm really keeping my eye on is fish vs muller. Muller aint no scrub and should at least take a set of him and possibly win it. Ill look further into it and get back to yall.

Until then......GL boys.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Bbr

Nieminen Won APIA international as well @ +125 against Benneteau (in form atm) . Now facing Nalbandian and again is a dog +125. Nalbandian has never lost to niemenen in Australia but the fin has always taken a set of him. Over? maybe a small play on the fin.

Just thinking aloud.

Bbr

Mannarino +750 vs del potro??? Del potro by no means is in form. Mannarino made a decent run in Auckland. h2h mann is up 1-0. Beat del potro last year on grass in straight sets (2 tie breakers).

Over seems the play, just waiting for the number. Contemplating Mannarino +8....

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good luck BBR, I might look at the total and the over in this one but its a weird schedule for Jarkko. Nalbandian is always a tough read and you always wonder with his motivation but last year he lost to some pretty top notch opponents, he did beat Nieminen last year in Sydney in 3 sets, beat Jarkko in 2006 at the Aussie in 4 sets. Nieminen looked great in Sydney, should be a great match but watch out for this heat and totals.

Good article on Nieminens schedule after Sydney.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80E03620120115

Bbr

Cheers greg, gd read.

Heat will definitely play a factor, especially for those who havent played in Aus this year as yet because there is a clear difference between spending time in the Aus sun and playing tennis in the Aus sun.

Jarkko took nalb to 3 sets indeed, im anticipating him to take a set here as well but nalb is definitely no pushover! Jarkko is a athlete and fatigue should not set in, particularly since is so early into the tennis season, he will be fine. Like the article stated, he is highly motivated and filled with adrenaline. He has a shot out there tmrw. Should be a great matchup.

Be careful betting on European women when its scorching hot...especially if you play at 5dimes where retirements do not warrant a refund/cancellation.

gregm

Don't get me wrong, I am thinking aloud too. I actually love wagering on a player going in with a showing like Jarkko had at Sydney, its a good wager.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Cheers greg, gd read.

Heat will definitely play a factor, especially for those who havent played in Aus this year as yet because there is a clear difference between spending time in the Aus sun and playing tennis in the Aus sun.

Jarkko took nalb to 3 sets indeed, im anticipating him to take a set here as well but nalb is definitely no pushover! Jarkko is a athlete and fatigue should not set in, particularly since is so early into the tennis season, he will be fine. Like the article stated, he is highly motivated and filled with adrenaline. He has a shot out there tmrw. Should be a great matchup.

Be careful betting on European women when its scorching hot...especially if you play at 5dimes where retirements do not warrant a refund/cancellation.
    Great post about these chicks in the heat, but these guys are the worst some times with their long matches. Great post about 5dimes and rules, I have so many books I do tend to forget to look at retirement rules for each one. I am looking at these temps and I can see alot of fatigue in long matches on monday and tuesday

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am thinking aloud too. I actually love wagering on a player going in with a showing like Jarkko had at Sydney, its a good wager.
    Just picked him up at +130 so heres my first play!
    Jarkko Niemenen +130 vs Nalbandian. Checking out the total as soon as its released.

Bbr

Great post about these chicks in the heat, but these guys are the worst some times with their long matches. Great post about 5dimes and rules, I have so many books I do tend to forget to look at retirement rules for each one. I am looking at these temps and I can see alot of fatigue in long matches on monday and tuesday
    Djoko is horrible in the heat

Bbr

If this heat extends to next week, no way djoko wins the open!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

In the Australian Open men have to win 3 out of 5 sets right? Women still 2 out of 3?

gregm

Alright lets do this BBr, I am tailing you because I love your avatar too, I am feeling it. I dont like much rap but Bones were like a great soul or gospel band, beautiful harmonies and tunes. I am a southerner white guy who loves horses , this song is about the culture I love. Jarkko is the Ghetto Cowboy on Monday. I think your wrong on Nole though. Cheers brother

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    In the Australian Open men have to win 3 out of 5 sets right? Women still 2 out of 3?
    Correct!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

So I should look for the Jarkko -Nalbandian OVER/UNDER to be around 28?

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    So I should look for the Jarkko -Nalbandian OVER/UNDER to be around 28?
    It will be a lot higher than that. Maybe mid to high 30s

Bbr

Alright lets do this BBr, I am tailing you because I love your avatar too, I am feeling it. I dont like much rap but Bones were like a great soul or gospel band, beautiful harmonies and tunes. I am a southerner white guy who loves horses , this song is about the culture I love. Jarkko is the Ghetto Cowboy on Monday. I think your wrong on Nole though. Cheers brother
    Lets get it. Bone thugs

gregm

Nalbandian retired last year in the third set in the Aussie but his year in 2011 is a tough one to analyze. Tennis talk has nalbandian in 4 sets. I havent found much about info about David lately other than his exhibition loss to Murray.

I like the number on Jarkko too, so I am going to hit it. That total should be worth a look. Good luck guys

Bbr

WTA plays- Play them small

Foretz-Gacon Stephanie+180
    Kai-Chen Chang +125
    Cornet +170
    Last edited by Bbr; 01-15-12 at 01:58 AM.

Bbr

Nalbandian retired last year in the third set in the Aussie but his year in 2011 is a tough one to analyze. Tennis talk has nalbandian in 4 sets. I havent found much about info about David lately other than his exhibition loss to Murray. I like the number on Jarkko too, so I am going to hit it. That total should be worth a look. Good luck guys
    Jarkko could even take it in 4. I sense an over here.

Mannarino/del potro over should also be worth a look. I have a feeling it might be set quite low (I'd be happy with anything below 35)

Bbr

Mannarino/del potro over 30.5 +105
    Mannarino +7.5 +120
    Fish/Muller over 39.5 -105
    Last edited by Bbr; 01-15-12 at 02:02 AM.

Bbr

Adding:
    Kubot/Almagro over 36.5 -105

May add more in 12 hours.

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Djoko is horrible in the heat
    He was known as somebody who is horrible at heat, but last year everything changed. Dont forger that in the final of Miami Nadal is one who got heat stroke and Djole was playing last tie-break like that match just started.

turkstock
    Update your status
    turkstock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10000

do they offer early round atp in the sbr book?
    thanks

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Tailing on a few. Good luck.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Bbr glad i saw this. Was already on the Del Potro Over and gonna take the O24.5 on djokovic match also...GL with ur plays

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Mariners View Post
    He was known as somebody who is horrible at heat, but last year everything changed. Dont forger that in the final of Miami Nadal is one who got heat stroke and Djole was playing last tie-break like that match just started.
    Indeed but like I stated, Aus heat aint the same as miami heat. The sun scorches down under.

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Tailing on a few. Good luck.
    GL brother!

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Bbr glad i saw this. Was already on the Del Potro Over and gonna take the O24.5 on djokovic match also...GL with ur plays
    Nice of ya to pop in, long time no see! Del potro over was set incredibly low! GL on the djoko match.

Bbr

Eleni Daniilidou +205

Bbr

Complete card for morning action.
    Mannarino/del potro over 30.5 +105
    Mannarino +7.5 +120
    Fish/Muller over 39.5 -105
    Kubot/Almagro over 36.5 -105
    Foretz-Gacon Stephanie+180
    Kai-Chen Chang +125
    Cornet +170

Jarkko Niemenen +130
    Eleni Daniilidou +205

Bbr

Mannarino takes the first set 6-2!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Early plays are shaping up nicely here bro!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat doesn't look to be an issue if the forecast is correct. Nothing in the 90s after these first couple of days. Anyone betting against Djokovic on a heat angle ....

Good luck with your selections.

Bbr

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Early plays are shaping up nicely here bro!
    They do indeed. Really need the del potro over to hit.

1234 ... Last