wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

wondering why to be aussy open futures?

Ok here is a question. Instead of betting on a person to win in a future, wouldn't it be better to place the same amount on that person to start and then just keep taking all you won and placing it on him to win the next round and so on? Right now I see joker at 150 to win the aussy. Lets say you were going bet 100 bucks on him to win 150 for a total of 250. If you started at his first round and put 100 on him and then put the 105 on him in the second round and keep doing that you should win more in the end? I know he is high high juice the first few rounds but as it gets to the semi's and finals his juice goes way down.
    just wondering this.. whats your guys thoughts?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

You will often get better odds going the accumulator route; sometimes you will not if your player gets a favorable draw by having his expected opponents getting upset by scrubs.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I dont think I have 20k to win 100 on djoker round 1

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Also you may like a player to progress further than the market but you are not quite sure how far (and might want to see how the draw develops to make this assessment) with a future you can adjust your risk as you go, it's not all or nothing like a straight wager.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    I dont think I have 20k to win 100 on djoker round 1
    You don't risk 20k. You risk 100 to win, let's say, 3.25, then risk 103.25 on next match, over and over.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only problem is with the extremely high chalk you're going to be laying on one of the big four for at least 3-4 rounds, you're talking about making a very, VERY small amount of money doing that. I mean literally you could see Djokovic at -8000 in the 1st round, -1000 in the 2nd, -700 in the 3rd and maybe finally "reasonable" at -500 or -400 in the 4th round. So you're talking about betting basically $100 to make a couple bucks or pennies per round? Much better to take them to win the tournament at +145 - current Djokovic price - and when you find a spot to hedge out on him, you try it. Likely if you do your homework on the draw and feel confident a player is going to have a chance to win it all, you're going to make some coin this way vs. what you talked about IMO.

moses millsap

If draw doesn't come up with them facing huge dogs who upset guys they were penciled in to face, I guarantee you the accumulator will make much more than the offered future odds.