shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    It's called gene doping. FloJo was one of the first known and we're just going to keep seeing freak of nature athletes.
    She's always been exceptional. Just look at her stats. She had a 46-3 record on the USTA kids circuit when she was 9. She wasn't gene doping then - if she even is now.

From wiki "Ranked world no. 304, she upset world no. 7 Mary Pierce and world no. 4 Monica Seles, recording her first career wins over top 10 players and becoming the lowest-ranked player in the open era to defeat two top 10 opponents in one tournament."

She was 16 at the time. That's simply remarkable.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

just appreciate a superstar..when she is gone ..people going to wish she playing

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I've played hockey since 4 years old and still 22 years later not tired of it at all. I still get giddy when I score and look forward any chance I get strapping the skates on and going to work.

That being said I have not trained as extensive nor feel the same pressure to perform later in life as much as when i was younger, which has a huge reasoning behind her lack of passion.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blacks would dominate men and womens tennis if they played more

Too big, strong and fast not too

Serena easily could of been best player of all times but she did not care to a degree

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I don't follow NBA or the tabloids...how come Kris Humphries is so disliked?
    kim kardashian "relationship" and because he seems like a big dumb jerk

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Blacks would dominate men and womens tennis if they played more Too big, strong and fast not too Serena easily could of been best player of all times but she did not care to a degree
    Ya because intelligence has nothing to do with being good at tennis.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

Ya because intelligence has nothing to do with being good at tennis.
    lol

mathy bitching about women's tennis I actually get... I even posted a few hrs ago that I was debating even betting it this season. First time in I don't know how many years. But unless someone watches the sport - and I know jj is mainly just being a crap stirrer - they won't realise how much athleticism and brains you actually need. There is no defensive line to come in for half the game, no subs, no coach telling you what plays to run and when, no timeouts every 30 seconds, no dugouts where you sit your arse for a big chunk of time... It's frustrating as hell to bet on at times but these women aren't dummies and they're not slouches. When you're battling it out - by yourself - for sometimes 2hrs+, more for men in Slams - you have to have just a few brain cells to get you through. Regardless of your race. That's the only way you can adjust to someone's playing style or change up your game plan when you're behind ie Clijsters today.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    lol

There is no defensive line to come in for half the game, no subs, no coach telling you what plays to run and when, no timeouts every 30 seconds, no dugouts where you sit your arse for a big chunk of time.
    Exactly why I love betting on WTA, you're all out there by yourself...the mental psyche part of the game is easy and/or frustrating at times to cap. I make more dough on betting women's tennis than men's.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

anyone who know anything will tell you that tennis requires alot of intelligence. study emotional intelligence and its relationship to brain function.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Exactly why I love betting on WTA, you're all out there by yourself...the mental psyche part of the game is easy and/or frustrating at times to cap. I make more dough on betting women's tennis than men's.
    The women have no psyche, they hit a few bad shots and start cryin and its game over

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post

So do I. By far. But it frustrates me all to hell. Watching the Clijsters/Ivanovic match tonight, I sat there thinking that although I never would've laid the juice on Kimmy, I would've taken the handicap. Seeing how that played out, and the twists and turns in the 3rd, would've done my head in. It's bad enough watching it as a massive fan when you know one player is so much better than the other.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Serene seems cheap and invests most of her money

If she is healthy I think she has a solid year
    Bizarre post of the day.

First 12