sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Future on Bartoli in commonwealth bank tourney

She's only +210 but think she's a great pick here as she'll most likely get through her first match, then play lisicki/hantuchova and then most likely either ivanovic or petrova in the finals...she'll be favored in all these matches with possibly less of a favorite against ivanovic but her draw is quite a bit better than ivanovic's (who is the defending champ) and has been playing better than all the other players as of late. Her serve really worries me though but think even at +210 her odds are nice.

Any thoughts???

babar1000
    babar1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I have always bad surprises when i bet on Bartoli.
    Very hard to understand his mind.
    I think she is going to win this week.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you will win a lot more if you bet on all of her matches ... you bet on her first match and then put all the money on sec match and so on ... you'll get more than +210 this way

sportman1313

You do realize she'll be heavily favored in the first match with heavy juice right? There is far more value taking her right now by far with less risk. Thanks though bro
    Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    I think you will win a lot more if you bet on all of her matches ... you bet on her first match and then put all the money on sec match and so on ... you'll get more than +210 this way

sportman1313

she is indeed quite unpredictable at times and her serve can be so off it's not even funny...but when she's on, man she is on. I like her in this tourney and think she can win it, but hedge opportunities will also exist in both the semis and finals. bol to you
    Quote Originally Posted by babar1000 View Post
    I have always bad surprises when i bet on Bartoli.
    Very hard to understand his mind.
    I think she is going to win this week.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Dam she played in Turkey late last week and now is in Bali..A little travel fatigue?

beefcake
    Update your status

Marion is the poster child for the WTA...Never know who will show up..

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    You do realize she'll be heavily favored in the first match with heavy juice right? There is far more value taking her right now by far with less risk. Thanks though bro
    You're right ... I didn't realize there are only 3 matches to be played ...

sportman1313

Not sure if that will make all that big of a difference....as long as she wins her first match against garrigues, I can nearly guarantee a good profit hedging on her opponent both in the semis and finals. I got her at another book for +225, 400 to win 900...let's hope she doesn't lay an egg against garrigues, bc although a claycourter the spaniard can be dangerous. And I do agree, you never know which bartoli will show up but hopefully it's the good one
    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Dam she played in Turkey late last week and now is in Bali..A little travel fatigue?

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Choked in the 2nd set after several break points at 5-5, lost the tiebreak, was broken in her first service in the 3rd set, then retired.

beefcake
    Update your status

Marion the Coo Coo Head..

babar1000

sportman1313

what a chokejob by bartoli...in theory, I could have hedged for guaranteed profit from this first match of hers up until the finals if she had made it but figured she would atleast beat garrigues, who is quite pitiful at best on hard courts. Bartoli should be embarrassed, no excuse for losing this match...oh well, it's all good though. Bad beat but regardless it would have been a solid play...shame on bartoli.

babar1000

I know she hates Azarenka, perhaps this is the reason why she won in Turkey.

But this week, i can't understand Bartoli.

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    what a chokejob by bartoli...in theory, I could have hedged for guaranteed profit from this first match of hers up until the finals if she had made it but figured she would atleast beat garrigues, who is quite pitiful at best on hard courts. Bartoli should be embarrassed, no excuse for losing this match...oh well, it's all good though. Bad beat but regardless it would have been a solid play...shame on bartoli.

sportman1313

No no, the ONLY reason she beat azarenka is bc azarenka tanked that match...if you watch it, you'll know what i'm talking about. She still struggled in that match, despite the fact azarenka wasn't trying......this match, she 'apparently' hurt her ankle pretty badly and started crying on court. Whether it was an act or for real, I don't know...nonetheless, she had a match point in 2nd set and double faulted. She had no business losing this match, oh well though...she made serious money and had an okay season, so even losing her isn't that big of a deal. She's a nutjob for real though
    Quote Originally Posted by babar1000 View Post
    I know she hates Azarenka, perhaps this is the reason why she won in Turkey.

But this week, i can't understand Bartoli.