xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Murray vs D Young 09/06/11

can d young beat murray again? andy havent been really sharp in this us open, donald is hot. what you guys think?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

snowball's chance. he might take a set, but nothing more

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

He can beat him. Got the crowd backing him and feeds off of it. He's going to have to get a lot of winners from murray just playing safe. Young needs to attack.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Decent value. I played him today. He is an up and comer and eventually he is going to have a signature breakthru win ... Could be now

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Decent value. I played him today. He is an up and comer and eventually he is going to have a signature breakthru win ... Could be now
    Exactly.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Murray showed he is locked in now after his scare against Haase. He absolutely destroyed Lopez the other day. I'm still not a believe in Donald Young. All this "up and comer" talk is pure media-driven hype in the quest to find another serviceable US player to talk about other than Isner or a fading Andy Roddick. Young has had a nice tournament here and sure, upsets happen, but Young lacks the consistency to beat a player like Murray over the course of a Best of 5 IMO. I think Murray steps on his throat early and doesn't give Young any life. Murray in straights with Young having an outside shot to take a set if Murray struggles on-serve.

Anyone taking Young for "value" probably took Monaco for the same reasoning last night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear, and rthoughton

tevari

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think Murray showed he is locked in now after his scare against Haase. He absolutely destroyed Lopez the other day. I'm still not a believe in Donald Young. All this "up and comer" talk is pure media-driven hype in the quest to find another serviceable US player to talk about other than Isner or a fading Andy Roddick. Young has had a nice tournament here and sure, upsets happen, but Young lacks the consistency to beat a player like Murray over the course of a Best of 5 IMO. I think Murray steps on his throat early and doesn't give Young any life. Murray in straights with Young having an outside shot to take a set if Murray struggles on-serve.

Anyone taking Young for "value" probably took Monaco for the same reasoning last night.
    thank you for saying something sensible in this thread

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think Murray showed he is locked in now after his scare against Haase. He absolutely destroyed Lopez the other day. I'm still not a believe in Donald Young. All this "up and comer" talk is pure media-driven hype in the quest to find another serviceable US player to talk about other than Isner or a fading Andy Roddick. Young has had a nice tournament here and sure, upsets happen, but Young lacks the consistency to beat a player like Murray over the course of a Best of 5 IMO. I think Murray steps on his throat early and doesn't give Young any life. Murray in straights with Young having an outside shot to take a set if Murray struggles on-serve. Anyone taking Young for "value" probably took Monaco for the same reasoning last night.
    Man upsets do happen in the Us open though. Nobody thought Roddick would lose to Isner back in 2009. Or Del Potro to defeat Federer. Donald young is 22 years old. I seriously doubt he's at his peak. In these later rounds in my opinion no one is safe. Especially in the US open. The game will tell. If Young gets blown out than that's normal but if he pushes it to 5 sets or even wins than a great game proving young can be a great player now.

tevari

3 words

donald freaking young

i echo EP's sentiments, he's getting media hype for simply beating a few 'good' players thus far, but murray is on another level, let's get real here.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    3 words donald freaking young i echo EP's sentiments, he's getting media hype for simply beating a few 'good' players thus far, but murray is on another level, let's get real here.
    Sorry after seeing Isner beat Roddick and Del Potro defeating Federer back in 2009 I believe anything can happen in the US open. Probably wont happen but an injury,off da by murray or Young becoming a great player could happen today.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    3 words

donald freaking young

i echo EP's sentiments, he's getting media hype for simply beating a few 'good' players thus far, but murray is on another level, let's get real here.
    pretty similar to the pubes->on a ->cupcake post, no?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i've been making money on donald, i think he's good.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

donald young is facing his greatest challenge here, hell have to be perfect to take murray down. i jus dont buy it.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea i don't think he beats murray, trying to figure out a way to make more money off him though. probably should just pass.

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he will have to play a set of his life in the first set tomorrow to have a chance. And even then he might lose it 3-6 or 5-7. Murray is super confident and he might just be content with holding serve early on, and wait until adrenaline rush subsides and Young starts to fade away. This just could translate into a +700 first set moneyline win for the underdog. I lost with 1st set Dolgopolov against Novak last night and I probably will lose it again with Young tomorrow.

But you gotta realize that it's not do or die in the first set for the top four players. It is for their opponents. Thus a player who is willing to gamble in order to produce enough winners... and can be gotten at +600 or +900, should be played.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

murray hasnt been hot recently, 2 many unforced errors, young looked good beating wawrinka in 5 set

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Now way I'm betting on a guy who I saw get into a Limo after the challenger event in freaking Charlottesville last year..my wife was laughing her ass off..Now when she see's "The Donald" on TV, she cant control herself..

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like his changes slightly better now the match is on grandstand and not ashe

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Man upsets do happen in the Us open though. Nobody thought Roddick would lose to Isner back in 2009. Or Del Potro to defeat Federer.
    Big differences there though as Isner & DelPo have games perfectly suited to hard courts. Young has no major weapons that are going to scare anyone. His serve is not powerful. His forehand is decent, but not great. His best asset is probably just that he's a pretty decent fighter at the end of the day.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Not unless Murray has an utter howler.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Anyone can beat a guy who serves as poorly as murrray. I don't think he'll everwin a major.. do I think he makes his exit to don young. Nope.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I don't get the Young love. How many serves did he drop to tipsy the other day?

I don't like betting on Murray as he is unreliable when you least expect it imho, but I sure wouldn't bet against him here. Murray 3-0 -178 or 3-1 +305 looks best options to me.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

no value in a loser. and rod-dick blows. not sure that isner example helps.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

murray rolls. and go all in on that douche nadal.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I don't think Young has a shot. Murray is on a totally different level. Young's nice run ends here. Somebody posted that Murray hasn't been good recently. Really? 9-1 in his last 10 matches. Guy only plays hard when he wants to. Guy just won a Masters Series event in Cincy. This is a major event and Murray isn't gonna lose to Donald Young. Look what he did against Hasse. Got down 2 sets to 0 and completely turned it on. Then he completely dominated Lopez. Murray has this.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Yup, Murray tends to have one stinker a tournament. Sometimes he loses early cos of it at the US, cos he can be hit off court (Wawrinka last yr, Cilic year before). He had his stinker vs Haase, but woke up and won 13 games in a row.

Young isn't the type of player who really bothers him at all (as it was at Indian Wells). Serve isn't good enough in particular, and Murray is returning absolutely incredibly lately.

Also, Murray knows Nadal is beatable this year, and with the courts playing slow he can definitely beat Federer.
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 09-07-11 at 10:09 AM.

Demonata

Young can't lose though because the match will never start with this rain.

juventusfc
    juventusfc's Avatar Become A Pro!

do u guys roughly know when play will start?