tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i wonder how much monfil's injury will cost bettors

he's done. he can't move, dimitrov should cruise.

tevari

he's going to retire

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think he will retire. I've seen him play on what basically looked like one leg for a set at a Slam, tanked a whole set and then suddenly he could move again. Think he won the match ...with Monfils you never know the severity either, guy is a drama queen. Could be 90% showmanship, 10% actual injury.

Dimitrov is also an inconsistent bastard ... so Monfils could wait him out and pick his spot.

tevari

He is a drama queen. If he was playing anyone with half a brain, he'd be toast.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

10% at most actual injury

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't think he will retire. I've seen him play on what basically looked like one leg for a set at a Slam, tanked a whole set and then suddenly he could move again. Think he won the match ...with Monfils you never know the severity either, guy is a drama queen. Could be 90% showmanship, 10% actual injury.

Dimitrov is also an inconsistent bastard ... so Monfils could wait him out and pick his spot.
    So many times this same shit happens. I'm just tired of Monfils injury and then everyone is like !!! he can't move and when he wins they claim he's a hero winning on one leg... And he goes ahead and hits a half-volley between his legs at 5-1 in that first set tiebreak

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most people who follow tennis are keen to it now JNic. Even ESPN kind of tongue and cheek poked at it without actually calling him a faker. I like watching him play, but certainly this sort of BS does get old.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Monfils looked completely exhausted and worn down near the end of that 2nd set and by that 3rd set he was startin to tank a little bit... Dimitrov was just as tired though, just didnt show it. I saw Monfils, he could barely keep his eyes open and his shirt looked like he just jumped in a swimming pool, only it was sweat

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Monfils' game and flamboyant 'fun' persona. I do not like the hot-dogging and injury-faking/exaggerating. Tough to find the line between the two though. As stated, if it were deeper in the tourney, he'd be toast putting on that 'performance'.