iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Any reason not to take Gael Monfils -450?

He's playing Grigor Dimitrov. I really don't even understand this line anyway. -450 seems a bit small when you put a player like Gael Monfils up against Dimitrov.. This is the US Open and none of these players are gonna roll over easy like in the small tournys. Monfils should crush this guy..

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Dmitrov is no easy match both are very unpredictable players and I would wait I think this line is going to go down

iMxth3xbossx5000

That would be a scary thought. Monfils is ranked 7th in the world and is damn tough to beat when he's playing his best.. Theres a few matches you can go back and see he lost on the hard courts but it appears as if he did not try to win those matches.. Just can't see Monfils losing in the opening round. That would be a big time upset man.

gators0708

I hope your right because hes my fav player that line just seems high to me though

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Monfils is too unpredictable. If he is at his best, but that is not consistent. I like Monfils, too, but why not parlay him with Fed, Nadal, Nole and risk like 100 instead of 450. just a thought. Could get you some decent value on the top 3 and keep the juice a little lower.

gators0708

He"s down to -410 at 5dimes

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yes, the price is a good reason.

iMxth3xbossx5000

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    Monfils is too unpredictable. If he is at his best, but that is not consistent. I like Monfils, too, but why not parlay him with Fed, Nadal, Nole and risk like 100 instead of 450. just a thought. Could get you some decent value on the top 3 and keep the juice a little lower.
    I actually did that lol. I parlayed Monfils with Nadal, Murray, Del Potro, Federrer, Mardy Fish and Gilles Simon... Let's be honest here.. Nadal, Murray, Federrer and Fish are 100 % definitly advancing to the next round. Gilles Simon has like a 95 % of beating Ricardo Mello, I just don't see Mello beating him... and personally I love the Monfils play. I'm not gunna lay $450 to win $100 when I can throw in guaranteed winners... These are the best players in the world against mediocre to average tennis players.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Monfils should win but please don't play this... This line is ridiculous, Dimitrov is massively talented and honestly I would never bet -400 or higher because its tennis and one injury and you lose all your money.
    Not looking at the line though, I think Monfils has been serving great, been very consistent on the baseline and has shown a vast improvement in his volley game and I haven't been impressed with Dimitrov. He isn't quite there yet and I think Monfils wins this in 3, maybe 4 because Dimitrov still can serve huge (remember what he did against Tsonga at wimbledon)

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post

I actually did that lol. I parlayed Monfils with Nadal, Murray, Del Potro, Federrer, Mardy Fish and Gilles Simon... Let's be honest here.. Nadal, Murray, Federrer and Fish are 100 % definitly advancing to the next round. Gilles Simon has like a 95 % of beating Ricardo Mello, I just don't see Mello beating him... and personally I love the Monfils play. I'm not gunna lay $450 to win $100 when I can throw in guaranteed winners... These are the best players in the world against mediocre to average tennis players.
    What does this even pay out... Giraldo isn't a huge scrub, he plays 100% offensive game and that is the kind of guy that beat Federer - I mean counting on all the intangibles Federer should win but just look at this tennis wise. Giraldo at his best has a big serve and basically an unbreakable game.
    When has Fish impressed in a grand slam, I would never touch that line. Kamke is one of the best ballstrikers I have seen, honestly. He doesn't have any weapons really but at his best he literally doesn't miss and can come up with the pass if Fish approaches.
    Obviously this parlay will most likely hit, but wtf are you doing.. I'm just trying to help

iMxth3xbossx5000

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    What does this even pay out... Giraldo isn't a huge scrub, he plays 100% offensive game and that is the kind of guy that beat Federer - I mean counting on all the intangibles Federer should win but just look at this tennis wise. Giraldo at his best has a big serve and basically an unbreakable game.
    When has Fish impressed in a grand slam, I would never touch that line. Kamke is one of the best ballstrikers I have seen, honestly. He doesn't have any weapons really but at his best he literally doesn't miss and can come up with the pass if Fish approaches.
    Obviously this parlay will most likely hit, but wtf are you doing.. I'm just trying to help
    Lmao dude gambling is all about taking chances man. I respect your decision to look out for me and warn me about not taking certain players over another but c'mon man... Does ANYBODY really see Federrer losing to Giraldo? It's not some 250 tourny, Federrer is going to destroy this guy. Giraldo might be an average tenis players but he's playing one of the greatest of all time here.. Anytime I bet Murray, Federrer, Djokovic, Nadal or Fish I feel very comfortable with my money.. The only time I tend to stay away from these matches is if I see a game like Mardy Fish vs David Ferrer on a clay court for example.

iMxth3xbossx5000

And I'm aware Dimitrov is an up and coming star who has impressed many people. He's rising through the ranks fast but still, Monfils should be to much for him..

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Monfils should win but laying that on Monfils is dangerous.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Monfils is a clown and I will never put real money on him EVER!
    Points Awarded:

adamo1018 gave tommygun 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Monfils is a clown and I will never put real money on him EVER!
    Bottom line.

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post

Lmao dude gambling is all about taking chances man. I respect your decision to look out for me and warn me about not taking certain players over another but c'mon man... Does ANYBODY really see Federrer losing to Giraldo? It's not some 250 tourny, Federrer is going to destroy this guy. Giraldo might be an average tenis players but he's playing one of the greatest of all time here.. Anytime I bet Murray, Federrer, Djokovic, Nadal or Fish I feel very comfortable with my money.. The only time I tend to stay away from these matches is if I see a game like Mardy Fish vs David Ferrer on a clay court for example.
    What's the point of that parlay.. I'm asking what the odds are on it, please just don't do that again you are literally playing right into the hands of the bookies