gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Donald Young -175

Has looked pretty good this summer can see him winning this!... Any thoughts?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He's a clown. Washington may be a permanent change from that, or it may be temporary.

That he was bagelled next match, R1 of Cinci qualis by Bogomolov, doesn't exactly inspire me.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

I wouldn't bet on him or his oppenent.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This tournament IMO is not one where you're going to want to play too many highly priced favorites. There are a lot of clowns in this tournament like Davydenko, Dolgopolov, Melzer, Young, Baghdatis, etc. I think too many people will presume the Roddicks, Isners and other seeds will "try their best" to find form before the US Open.

Outside of Roddick desperately needing that, I am highly doubtful how many of these players really care to make a run here with the US Open waiting to start next week. Some guys like Isner can probably win through with their eyes closed if they want, but be careful because motivation here is going to be real tough to gauge early.

I think anything over -150 in this tournament, you need to seriously think about parlaying it with another play to reduce your risk. Good luck this week!

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Thanks 4 the advise! Probably going to be a lot of retirments this week

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just can't buy Young. Had a tonne of promise in juniors, but has never put it together. I see him making a token run to the 4th round or even quarters in the US one year, like Ginepri. But he's half the player Ginepri was, and Ginepri wasn't that great. Recent results are decent, but body of work has me shaking my head.

jdrb
    jdrb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

One guy I'd like to see do well here is Hewitt. But that's not gonna happen.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by jdrb View Post
    One guy I'd like to see do well here is Hewitt. But that's not gonna happen.
    Why do you like him?

jdrb
    jdrb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

He still has fight left in him, barring any injuries he can still compete with the best.

Demonata

oh.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jane View Post
    I just can't buy Young. Had a tonne of promise in juniors, but has never put it together. I see him making a token run to the 4th round or even quarters in the US one year, like Ginepri. But he's half the player Ginepri was, and Ginepri wasn't that great. Recent results are decent, but body of work has me shaking my head.

I can't see that token run unless someone withdraws some year. With his ranking always hovering around 100 seemingly, he's always going to play someone tough early.

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I can't see that token run unless someone withdraws some year. With his ranking always hovering around 100 seemingly, he's always going to play someone tough early.
    Yeah, he'd certainly need a favourable draw and some help knocking of other players in his way, but he's got the talent. Not to say I would be surprised if it didn't happen.