w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Verdasco/Melzer parlay

Any reason to think both of these guys won't win?

8/3/2011 4:00 PM ATP Tennis 234 Jurgen Melzer* -310 vs Donald Young
    8/3/2011 5:00 PM ATP Tennis 237 Fernando Verdasco* -430 vs Marinko Matosevic
    Risking $50.00 To Win $31.51

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Looks pretty good. I just hate how Melzer is in his 30s now though. Donald young could give him some trouble. Other than that looks good to me.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Looks pretty good. I just hate how Melzer is in his 30s now though. Donald young could give him some trouble. Other than that looks good to me.
    it's 18th ranked vs 128...How could you not love it, right?

lol he's in his 30's now...turned 30 2 months ago...what a geezer.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    it's 18th ranked vs 128...How could you not love it, right?

lol he's in his 30's now...turned 30 2 months ago...what a geezer.
    You have to look at all factors before yo bet even if it is a high ranking vs a lower ranking. There is more to tennis than just ranking. You must look at all factors before making a bet. Age is a factor in tennis and if you don't believe it than you are not a good bettor. With how much running back and forth and how many tournaments they play even age 30 could be significant in placing a tennis bet.

If you don't have anything smart to say then don't say it. Thanks.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    You have to look at all factors before yo bet even if it is a high ranking vs a lower ranking. There is more to tennis than just ranking. You must look at all factors before making a bet. Age is a factor in tennis and if you don't believe it than you are not a good bettor. With how much running back and forth and how many tournaments they play even age 30 could be significant in placing a tennis bet. If you don't have anything smart to say then don't say it. Thanks.
    lol.

I should just look for any match that is -200 and bet on it. Isn't that the smart thing?

So Roger Federrer is not a good guy to bet on anymore, because he's gonna be 30 in a few days? Who would you take, a good 30 year old or a "decent" 20 year old?

You'd take the 20 year old, because he's quicker and the 30 year old is not quick enough to keep up with the younger lad. Who gives a shit about who is the better tennis player...Last I checked I'd rather bet on a guy that is a more skilled tennis player, than a guy who is younger and quicker.

You're just too funny, I can't imagine how much money you're making year after year, betting the way you do.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

And yes, the parlay looks good, for only 50 bucks.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    lol. I should just look for any match that is -200 and bet on it. Isn't that the smart thing? So Roger Federrer is not a good guy to bet on anymore, because he's gonna be 30 in a few days? Who would you take, a good 30 year old or a "decent" 20 year old? You'd take the 20 year old, because he's quicker and the 30 year old is not quick enough to keep up with the younger lad. Who gives a shit about who is the better tennis player...Last I checked I'd rather bet on a guy that is a more skilled tennis player, than a guy who is younger and quicker. You're just too funny, I can't imagine how much money you're making year after year, betting the way you do.
    No it would not be the smart thing unless you study the player a lot and see how they have been playing as of late and if everything calculates fine than maybe bet on them. As long as you manage your money well. Roger federrer is better than Melzer in my opinion so comparing him to melzer makes no sense to me.

Age plays an important part in tennis. Thomas Muster used to be good back in his day too but you would never see me picking him the last few years. Age plays an important factor in tennis. Even look at WTA Schiavone used to be great and has been favored a lot but she is getting to old and has been a let down as of late.

It does not mean you don't bet on a more skilled person, it means be careful when you use them in parlays. Also calculate age into a factor. Schiavone is great and is skilled but you wont catch me betting on her without calculating her age in. She has let me down yet she is more "skilled" an experience better like me Shari and EaglesPhan understand that anything can be an x-factor or play a part. Older people get injured easier too. There's nothing wrong with being safe and managing your money well.

I bet I make a whole lot more than you do betting tennis.no offense.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

No offense taken, as I hardly bet Tennis.

But you don't make a bunch of sense when you try explaining things. Or you just don't think about what you're saying.

I was just saying Melzer and Federer are pretty much same age, obviously not the same talent wise, and wasn't comparing them like that.

Melzer 18th ranked -- Young ranked 120th
    -100 players apart, and you think because Melzer is 30, that you'd bet on Young, because he is younger.

Federrer ranked 3rd --Thomaz Belluci ranked 36
    -33 players apart, Would you take Belluci because he's only 23 and 7 years younger, and only 30 spots (rank wise) apart?

Why is Federrer ranked so high, even though he's 30 years old? Is it because his skill makes up for the lack of quickness against his younger opponents?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

no need for a response...

sorry for questioning you.

Best of Luck with your wagers.

Demonata

Thanks man. I admit I probably would not take fedderer or Melzer against those guys. For some reason once a tennis players get past age 30 I tend to not like betting on them ever since Schiavone started screwing me.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

I have a small play on Donald Young bol 2 u though

Demonata

bol 2?

KARAMBA
    KARAMBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Best Of Luck TO

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by KARAMBA View Post
    Best Of Luck TO
    Thanks haha I'm learning all sorts of terms units, bol. haha what's next.

KARAMBA
    KARAMBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

next is "AFAIK, you are new to these acronyms"

apeterlives
    apeterlives's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

man that's tough, looks like melzer didn't come to play, once the rain stops he has to hold serve and break young or he's toast

*now Jurgen Melzer has retired from his match vs. Donald Young during the rain delay. Young moves on 6-7, 6-4, 3-1 (ret.)

** Melzer pulled out of Legg Mason Tennis Classic with a left quad pull
    Last edited by apeterlives; 08-03-11 at 07:30 PM. Reason: melzer just retired during rain delay

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

****. That. Melzer you pussy.

Demonata

Just like I was saying about injuries and how I felt donald might have this.Once they are 30 or older they can either suck unexpectedly or get injured.