gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

LA Tuesday night

I grew up around tennis being a ballboy at the club and taking lessons and trying to play some youth tourneys. I was never very good but I love the sport and try to go to as many tournaments as I can and read up on younger players. I still have a few friends in the tennis world who run clinics and coach and was talking to one friend today about Steve Johnson.

Johnson is 21 years old and plays for USC and he did win the NCAA singles mens championship this year beating Tennessee's Rhyne Williams. He completed the NCAA season with a 35 game winning streak but you do have to remember this is college level tennis.

He played at LA last year and beat Guccione and ended up losing to Devvarman 6-4,6-4. he lost to Delic 7-6 7-6, and brought Dancevic to 3 sets so he is certainly capable with taking an ATP pro like Muller to 3 sets.

I had an argument with my friend today about American tennis and I had posted this earlier about American tennis. It seems to me American tennis is in so poor nowadays because of the way these young players are being groomed .

If you are at Georgia or USC or Virginia playing tennis in college or hanging out at hilton head or florida and participating in clinics in your late teens, its probably too late. They recognized a talent like Djokovic and brought him to Munich when he was 12 years old. He started playing at 4 years old and started playing in Europe in his early teens!

Nadal started at age 3 and was playing tourneys at age 12 and turned pro at age 15!

Who knows, I keep hoping Eastern Europeans will come to Bollettieris academy in Florida like Sharapova and we can try to adopt them as Americans, but for tonight I am going to give it a shot at the over and hope Johnson can extend this match today. He certainly will have the crowd behind him.

Going to start keeping a record like I am doing in baseball

3-0 +4 units

Johnson/ Muller o20.5 game -125 risk 1.25

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I was really excited about seeing Dimitrov at Newport and he was a massive disappointment, just lost to Ram in Atlanta. This is a purely an action play. You would be smart not to wager on any of these guys but I am putting a unit on Dimitrov

Dimitrov -150 5dimes risk 1

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Tommy Haas blows. Dimitrov should win with ease IF he comes to play and doesn't show up not caring if he wins or loses... Dimitrov is clearly the superior player.