EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

UPDATED STANDINGS

gregm: 218
    EaglesPhan36: 149
    jnic: 149
    shari91: 118
    beefcake: 33
    optional: -16

Will have another update tomorrow night after the semis are set.

EaglesPhan36

UPDATED STANDINGS

gregm: 293
    shari91: 241
    EaglesPhan36: 224
    jnic: 224
    optional: 9
    beefcake: 8
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-09-11 at 10:54 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Woo Hoo, passed Beefcake!

EaglesPhan36

1. gregm: 490
    2. jnic: 324

shari91: 287
    EaglesPhan36: 224
    optional: 9
    beefcake: 8
    Points Awarded:

gregm gave EaglesPhan36 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

rigged

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thanks Eagle for putting this on. It wasnt a bad tournament to attend actually, the only major disappointment for me was Dimitrov. I was really excited to see him play, he is one of the few young guys I have never seen play in person and he just looked awful. He can be totally schizophrenic at times in his play, maybe it is just being in a minor tourney but he had great draw and a good shot at winning this.

Seeing Agassi was great even on a hot day like today and the final was pretty good. Isner serve was pretty funny watching at times going over rochus but Rochus was alot of fun to watch. People give Isner shit at time for not caring or boring tennis but its just his style of play, he just cant run for all those drop shits and he just has no backhand or a really strong return game.

I havent seen the stats on his service game but it was just phenomenal, almost comical watching him dominate everyone on serve. I just wonder how long a player like Isner will want to play a grass surface like this, someday that has to wear on the knees of a tall guy like that.

I did enjoy seeing Yani, a player I had never seen play before and Rochus was fantastic to watch and a total class act in the way he treated fans and the staff, exact opposite of clement yelling at staff and even a ballgirl. Rochus is short but a total fighter and watching him on rallies is alot of fun with that low slice and a fantastic one handed backhand. His serve is just absolutely atrocious though.

It was a funny finals match with the height contrasts , I just really wonder if Rochus's height is too short and Isner's height is too tall for the ideal tennis player. I wonder if the days of short players Like Laver or Connors or Ferrer, even Agassi is 5'9 at best in my opinion, or short women like Henin , Evert, Hingis or a Li Na is in the past. Even real tall guys like Isner, Karlovic, or Querrey just never seem to thrive. Maybe 5'11 to 6'3 or 6'4 for men and 5'9 to 6.0 and up for women are the ideal height? I don't know.

First 12