gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Wimbledon Semis WTA

These are not matches I love wagering more than a few units on, all the players here are in top form and deserve to be here. Kvitova is my favorite young player, in the WTA or ATP, and she consistently has got better through the year, winning titles this year in Brisbane, Madrid and Paris. I love having a server in the WTA and having a leftie among the women on grass makes her that much more dangerous.

I saw the Madrid match and while both players struggled on serve, I never thought Kvitova was going to lose even though she looked real hesitant serving at times.. This was on clay, on which Azarenka is the far superior player in my opinion, and on grass Petra has been unstoppable.

Azarenka is the better player on clay and she still lost in 2 sets in Madrid, and this is on grass. Kvitova is 9-1 on grass in her last 10 matches, and has beat Azarenka at wimbledon last year along with Madrid this year. Alot of people don't mention Kvitova but she has been in the final rounds of almost every major tournament I can remember since Wimbledon last year.

That Pironkova match was no cakewalk despite Pironkova being way over her head up against a tough server and a vicious forehand like Kvitova. Petra can get wild with unforced errors in a heartbeat and Azarenka is not Pironkova. If Kvitova has she has a second set like the one with Pironkova and starts hitting the ball wildly, she will lose this match.

Azarenka has looked great but I always wonder about her in these big matches in the semis. Azarenka is too good a player to not win a Slam at some point. I actually like Azarenka alot and feel for her with her injury problems, the last match with Sharapova in Rome was heart breaking, she had that match won. I wouldn't mind losing this Kvitova wager at all, Azarenka deserves a slam shot, I just don't think she it wil be Wimbledon..

I am taking Kvitova -1.5 -105 DSI . The O23 games is really the best play, but I am sticking with my Kvitova wager.

Sharapova has looked absolutely dominant this tourney, she just crushed Dominika Cibulkova in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1. I like these German girls but the truth is, Lisicki has not really looked all that good this year. She has been tough on grass though, going 10-0 in her last 10 matches.

Sharapova has tons of more experience at this level, this is Lisickis first time into the semifinals of a major. Bartoli just basically couldnt serve during Sabines win and the Li match could of gone either way. I really don't see this match as being really close if Sharapova has her serve going. Thats a big IF.

I have loved the way Sharapova has progressed all year and I am still surprised she didn't win the French. The only time these two have met was this year’s Sony Ericsson Open, in Miami. Sharapova just utterly dominated Lisicki 6-2 6-0.

Sharapova -3.5 -120 betonline
    Last edited by gregm; 06-29-11 at 11:21 PM.

NEW_WORLD
    NEW_WORLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like azarenka today and odd is good i think

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

azarenka looked terrific i cannot do it. good luck man

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Kvitova as an up and coming player as well and usually would back her here at such short odds but I have this feeling Vika gets her slam shot here, just something telling me that. If I do play this match it will be on Vika and I'll probably be kicking myself after because Kvitova is currently the better player in my eyes but have to go with Vika here to get to the finals.

cappingsports
    cappingsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharapova -3.5 -114 and Azarenka ML +117. I think Azarenka just has the edge over Kvitova due to her greater mobility. Both players have good serves and are great from the back of the court, though, so it should be an excellent match to watch. As for Sharapova, I think she just has a little bit more power and experience to give her the edge over Lisicki.