Betpoints: 27874

Who is the best tennis capper at sbr?

Who is the best tennis capper at sbr?

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Certainly is NOT me...

Shari is a solid capper. Look at her speadsheet.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eaglesphan has his good days.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

gregm seems good to me, also jnic

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

it's jjgold right?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

From what I've read, Shari really knows her stuff, but there is a ton of variance in tennis -- especially on the women's side. Having said that, the wide variability also makes for great profit opportunities on the underdogs.

Tweety
    Tweety's Avatar Become A Pro!

jjgold of course.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

been a really rough Wimby for me, can't wait until this tourney is over or for that matter, the entire grass season

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

shari seems good, but she's a woman, unfortunately

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shari is good, but she tends to go for value plays. Gregm has been doing well in Wimbledon as he has great experience in watching over the years!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    been a really rough Wimby for me, can't wait until this tourney is over or for that matter, the entire grass season
    The grass season has killed me and I have no clue why. Been absolutely terrible this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by tankman777 View Post
    shari seems good, but she's a woman, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Shari is good, but she tends to go for value plays. Gregm has been doing well in Wimbledon as he has great experience in watching over the years!
    If you ever hear me use the term "value play" you may as well shoot me. I look at each match, assign a player a % chance to win, look at the price I can get on the player and determine the implied probability of that price. If my % chance is higher than the odds, I make the play. That's all I do. I just tend to take more dogs because casual bettors lump on the "name" players, driving up the price on their opponents, which in turn makes the odds on the dog playable for me.

As to the OP's initial question - there are quite a few good cappers who are regulars in the tennis forum but like with every sport, people go up and down. So it'll depend on what snapshot of plays you're looking at, at any given time. None of us are making millions off of betting tennis, that's for sure.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

from everything i've seen from jjgold I can't believe anyone would mention him.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Shari is good, but she tends to go for value plays.
    Why would going for value plays be worth of a "but"?

Going for value plays is the very fundamental of making money at this game. If you don't bet value, you lose money in the longterm.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post

Why would going for value plays be worth of a "but"?

Going for value plays is the very fundamental of making money at this game. If you don't bet value, you lose money in the longterm.
    Well, that is one strategy of making money. What I meant is that she tends to bet on dogs.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

EP and Shari have great insight, but JNic has been killing the competitions.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Well, that is one strategy of making money. What I meant is that she tends to bet on dogs.
    Yeah I do, but again that's only because of my probability % vs the odds. In the earlier rounds of Slams you'll see me parlaying bigger favourites because even at $1.20 for example, I've assigned them greater than a 84% (I think that's the number off the top of my head) chance of winning. But I refuse to lay the chalk on a -500 so I'll parlay them instead. As it gets deeper into a tournament, the players get closer in skill set so I usually stay away. But you're right, I really do feel better when my money is on a dog. The risk vs reward ratio suits my personality much better than dropping a lot of money just to win a little

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

EaglesPhan breaks down the matches really well, but seems to get some bad luck with his plays. But I'd say he knows his shit the best. Shari seems to know the women the best