koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

How Does One Of The Big Four Lose Tomorrow?

They all got somewhat easy matchups. Nadal doesn't lose to Fish and no one ever really beats Nadal simply serving well. You need a complete game to beat Nadal. That's just not happening. Feliciano Lopez is another big serving dick, but Murray has been very good against those types of late. He destroyed Andy Roddick on the grass. Federer has had it relatively easy with Tsonga and Djokovic gets to play an 18 year old.

Anyone expect one of them to lose? Just not seeing it. I guess, based on propensity to choke, maybe Murray could lose to a big serving dick. But I just don't see it.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

I can see Tsonga beating Fed and small chance of Fish beating a hurt Nadal but that"s it

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Only give Tsonga a chance. I might parlay the top 4 and place a small bet on JWTsonga.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I'd bet one loses.

I think Fish and Tsonga have a chance.

Tomic not so much. I also can't see Murray losing to Lopez after Lopez's grueling five setter.

koscheckbaby

The Tsonga-Federer matchup is probably the worst draw Tsonga could have gotten though. He has beaten Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in a Grand Slam. But Federer just seems too much for a guy like Tsonga to get 3 sets off of.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember how well Federer played against Djoker this year. I think Federer is on a high confident level at the moment. I have just check the stats for the last few years, and there seems to be 1 upset in the QF. I am big on Djoker to get through to semi.

Good luck!!!

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I'm rooting for Fish tomorrow. I think he might have a chance with Nadal's suspect health issues.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm rooting for tomic

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

It is late in a tournament. Under no circumstances am I going to touch Tsonga. It is about time for him to lay an egg.

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Ya I agree that something weird has to happen or somebody has to play the match of their lives to beat one of the Big 4 tomorrow.

For some reason, I think the guy who might have a small chance at playing the game of his life is Fish.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

This event is Federer's to lose. He's not losing to Tsonga, no matter how well he's playing. Djokovic still only has that one loss to Federer, there's no way an 18 year old beats him. Murray is going to choke, that's just a given. The only question is when. Might want to start chasing that now.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Parlay them all for .705

koscheckbaby

I would like an explanation as to why Djokovic is only -800 against Tomic, yet Murray is -1000 against Lopez? Novak's 2011 hasn't been dominant enough to warrant better than that against an 18 year old qualifier? Murray was a ridiculous number against Llujibicic, like -1500. Why is Lopez getting more respect?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    I would like an explanation as to why Djokovic is only -800 against Tomic, yet Murray is -1000 against Lopez? Novak's 2011 hasn't been dominant enough to warrant better than that against an 18 year old qualifier? Murray was a ridiculous number against Llujibicic, like -1500. Why is Lopez getting more respect?
    i was thinking the same thing .............
    tomic looks like a real deal, rising star
    all the dogs seem to be getting a lot more respect than i thought

koscheckbaby

I still feel like -800 is a great line for Novak. How the hell does Tomic win? Djokovic has been the best player of 2011. 1 freakin loss and dominant victories over Nadal, Federer, and Murray amongst the scalps he's claimed.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lopez would probably have been a smaller dog if not for his 5 setter. Tomic is being afforded some respect for who he has beaten and how he has done it. Don't really have any problems with the prices. I'm just letting futures ride. QFs at Slams for the men have not been very exciting as far as upsets in recent times and even parlaying 3 of them together really doesn't yield a great risk-return rate IMO in case of injury. Unless Nadal reaggravates his injury, I don't see any upset possibilities. Tsonga's serve can afford him a chance to stick with Federer for a bit, but in a best of 5 - tough to see him getting it done.

koscheckbaby

Tomic should have lost to Andreev, played a sick Soderling, and pathetic Malisse. I just don't understand -800. Novak should be like -1500. He's earned that. Llod of shit is a pretty good grass player and Novak took him out in straights. It's not like he's looked bad lately to justify the lower price.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Nadal has went from -1429 to -500 at Pinny.

EaglesPhan36

If you look at all the prices, Djokovic is the 2nd highest favorite for tomorrow, so there's really nothing wrong with it.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Fish serves like he did yesterday, Nadal is gonna be in for a very tough match. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Mardy pull the upset... just wish the line was closer to +700 or +800.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    If you look at all the prices, Djokovic is the 2nd highest favorite for tomorrow, so there's really nothing wrong with it.
    I just don't agree with this, I think Tomic has way less of a chance than Feliciano Lopez does. The prices seem good though, I just don't trust one of them to pull the upset though

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    If Fish serves like he did yesterday, Nadal is gonna be in for a very tough match. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Mardy pull the upset... just wish the line was closer to +700 or +800.
    u think nadal loses to a dude like fish? not gonna happen.
    nadal can grind out the top players like federer and joker
    he has no problem whooping fish's ass

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    I just don't agree with this, I think Tomic has way less of a chance than Feliciano Lopez does. The prices seem good though, I just don't trust one of them to pull the upset though
    Dog Prices

Fish +428
    Lopez +638
    Tsonga +448
    Tomic +590

I don't see a problem with these prices. Given Lopez' long last match & poor Slams track record, seeing him a slight bit more than Tomic at this point is not a big deal.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I'm Australian and want the kid to succeed, but he is actually being overvalued here in my opinion, even with Djokovic at -725. No way that Murray should be favoured more here, Lopez has a stronger game than Tomic and Djokovic has a better game than Murray.

It's hard to call anything at -725 "value", but I included Djokovic on most of my MLB plays today as a parlay, got all the -130 plays closer to +100.

agharah1

I'm still a little snakebit by when I bet on Tsonga not to win in straight sets yesterday, but really all he has is that huge serve. Unfortunately for him the only guy playing better than him in this tournament right now is Roger Federer. Also, who has Tomic beat that people think he can take down Djokovic?

agharah1

I almost forgot: Federer has already beaten Tsonga in straight sets twice this year.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

I got +500 on Fish.

Very happy with my price.

yisman

I also think Djokovic is priced too low.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

I'm on a parlay of the big 4 at -133. only one im worried about is fed but I think he will come through

yisman

I would've done well with bets about whether the big four would be the semis. I felt they wouldn't, but I didn't see a prop offered for it and I didn't like the idea of just repeatedly betting against them. That wouldn't have even been profitable.

jsmithj88

im not shocked that fed lost
    its how he lost, and that he was only able to generate 1 break opportunity

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Very little that anybody could have done against Tsonga today, other than perhaps a returner like Murray or Djokovic. Serve like that on grass and you're just not going to be broken (the only break was a gift right at the start).

Tomic wasn't far away from taking down Djokovic either, had the 3rd set but totally fell apart and lost 7 games in a row. 4th should have gone to tiebreak too, gave that away.

koscheckbaby

Yeah. I dont regret not betting heavy on Djokovic, even though he won. I know that sounds weird, but the match definitely was closer than I ever anticipated.

Tsonga winning doesn't shock me, since he's always capable with that serve. But it is surprising that Fed would be the victim. But when you think about it, Fed lost to Berd Shit last year, so perhaps anything he does these days shouldn't be totally surprising