gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Monday Picks for Wimbledon

Murray -5 / Gasquet. Betonline

You could look at the the previous matchups and certainly see a dangerous matchup here for Murray. He was two sets down at the French last year and had to rally to win that and went 5 sets and was two sets down at wimbledon in 2008 as well. He had to rally to win that one.

I certainly think the over is worth a look here but I just love the way Murray is playing right now. Gasquet hasnt had the tough matches yet so its hard to say how dominant his play had been, his numbers look great so far though.

I think the serve will be the key here for Murray, Gasquet is not the greatest returner in the game and if Murray can get in long rallies and play to Gasquets less than powerful forehand, I don't see this one as close as people are making it out to be. There should be some long rallies though in this match. Great writeup on bbc site on this match from Tim Henman. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9522516.stm

Pironkova +4 /Williams
    Betonline

Even without the dominating upset of Williams last year, I would still take Pironkova with the handicap in this match based solely on Venus lack of play and the way Pironkova matches up with Williams. Pironkova looked fantastic against Zvonareva.

Pironkova is not a great player by any means but she has great numbers against Venus and if Venus can't get her serve working, she is going be in for a long match.

Bartoli + 4.5 +100 and Bartoli ML +300 (small)
    Betonline

I know I witnessed some daddy/daughter issues in the last match with Bartoli raging at her father and she did look tired in that tough match but I just don't understand this line. Bartoli is always a question mark in the fitness department and Serena could always win this tourney, but these numbers are absurd for one of the hottest players on the tour.

Tomic +3 +100 5dimes small wager

Purely a small wager to make this match more fun, I saw the Tomic match and soderling was just physically ill. Tomic looked good but his serve is extremely one dimensional to one side right now. I just want to see a new star on the tour. Oudin, Young, Raonic are not exactly cutting it.

Kvitova -4 -140 my favorite player at the moment.

Federer -7.5 -120

Lopez -4.5 -140

tsonga -3.5 -125

gregm

It does bother me to see Nick Bollettieri having Serena winning in two sets. he usually is very conservative in his picks but usually pretty good. I have a huge wager on a pick winner bet with "the field" against Serena but who knows, Serena could end up winning this tourney. Bartoli is always a risk, but I am sticking with the wager.

I am adding Lisicki -4.5. -140 betonline

I dont understand all the love on some forums for Cetkovska, especially looking at her record on grass against quality opponents. Beating Ivanovic, come on. We have a fantastic server in the wta who is consistent on serve, I love Sabine.

It does bother me that she trains with Bollettieri and he has not been taking her too high in his picks , but you never know , that could have alot to do with money, contracts for training,etc.

Murray/Djokovic/Sharapova/Kvitova +119 betonline

Parlay Lopez/ Djokovic/ Sharapova

Parlay Djokovoic/Sharapova/ Lisicki
    Last edited by gregm; 06-27-11 at 12:52 AM.

gregm

I should clarify, I think she still trains with Bollettieri academy in florida, much different than training with Nick himself I would imagine.

gregm

I wanted to stay away from this wager because I wonder about del potros fitness at times but I am going to add Nadal/ Del potro O38.5 BetOnline -120. I want some more tennis to watch this afternoon.
    Last edited by gregm; 06-27-11 at 09:39 AM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nice job

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

great job so far greg!!

freshguy222
    freshguy222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8359

your biggest bets all coming through, will you post your picks for tomorrow again?

gregm

Thanks Shari and Face. Perfect days like this have been very rare lately for me in tennis but I still have a ways to go. I am just so glad to see Bartoli step up, she really looks good.

I just wonder what the williams sister are going to do about tennis in the future? They look awful today.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great picks Greg, what a card, I tailed you on the Pironkova play but wish I'd played them all now.

Williams sisters looked out of touch and lacking in match practice, I still wouldn't be surprised to see them become a force again on the tour.

Keep the picks coming!

iov89
    iov89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice picks greg, keep going. About the Wiliams- it's more than enough for the first tournament after a long pause, but i am sure that Serena and Venus has still a lot to show :P we'll see

gregm

Thanks guys it was a fun day today, tomorrow looks tough.

Ben, like I was telling you, Bollettieri plays it very conservative in his picks. I just like to read these twitter feeds from players and read guys like Bollettieri columns. I used to go out and watch the players train at hilton head and when I was working near tampa, I saw them train at his academy a few times in Bradenton.

You would think these guys who are around tennis their whole like Nick would be fantastic at spotting winners. He has had a good wimbledon so far.

He has sharapova in 3 sets over cibulkova
    Lisicki in 3 sets over Bartoli (I dont like that pick but I may look at the over)
    Azarenka in 2 sets over Paszek
    Pironkova in 3 sets over Kvitova (????????)

Right now I am hating looking at these games on the mens side, I dont see any upsets at all. I am looking at just having fun and making some parlays out of Murray/Djokovic/Sharapova and maybe Murray/ Djokovic/ Azarenka( this comes out to around -214, LOL) and Murray/Djokovic/ Kvitova.

In terms of straight wagers I am thinking about totals mainly and maybe a few handicaps, probably only a couple if any . I am really not liking this card at all, as tournaments get further into play, it becomes so much harder to wager on these matches..

I do totals by looking up historical numbers(over/unders on which surfaces) sort of like I do in baseball, so I will try to post these later tonight. The weather and the speed of the court is always a factor too. I do like that sharapova over and maybe the bartoli over as well

I really only feel really good about the parlays and thats not a good sign, I just hate laying that kind of juice on parlays.
    Last edited by gregm; 06-27-11 at 10:01 PM.