MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Wimbeldon Winner

Only play grandslams and this will be my 1st time placing money on Andy Murray @ +611. He's just about a lock to reach the semi's where I think he'll meet the only player that can beat him in this tournament, Rafa Nadal. Federer is terrible value IMO. I don't think he has what it takes to get through the likes of beating Djokovic and then Rafa/Murray. Federer won't win another GrandSlam as long as Rafa, Djoker, and Murray stay healthy. Rafa or Murray takes this championship and I will hedge if we get a Rafa/Murra semis.

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

+611 is good value but I think Djokovic has a good chance on taking the show but I dont think Andy will finally win one, think will be next year. Will have to see if homeground will give him the edge.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why why why? Why do people think Andy Murray has a chance?

The streak is over...Djokovic is now the dark horse.

In my honest opinion, it goes like this...

Nadal 40%
    Still the best player in the world, but he just won a tourney so the hunger might not be there. Plus it's not on clay.

Djokovic 40% After losing, the pressure is off. People are writing him off because he's never won on grass, but the hunger combined with what he is at the moment can win the tourney for him.

Roger 19% You can never count out the best player ever, but I think he's at the end of his prime while Nadal is in the middle of his prime and Djokovic is at the beginning of his.

Anyone else 1%
    Good luck against the big 3...even though i still think Andy Murray is totally badass and has more heart than anyone.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

federer is the betting favorite and deservedly so, you have to be on crack to say nadal and murray have double the chance of federer.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

fed is good on grass, but bad odds, might try one of those prop bets where you bet the field against fed/murray for -138.
    Last edited by face; 06-20-11 at 01:04 AM.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    federer is the betting favorite and deservedly so, you have to be on crack to say nadal and murray have double the chance of federer.
    nadal is the favorite...thanks for trying

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    Why why why? Why do people think Andy Murray has a chance? The streak is over...Djokovic is now the dark horse. In my honest opinion, it goes like this... Nadal 40% Still the best player in the world, but he just won a tourney so the hunger might not be there. Plus it's not on clay. Djokovic 40% After losing, the pressure is off. People are writing him off because he's never won on grass, but the hunger combined with what he is at the moment can win the tourney for him. Roger 19% You can never count out the best player ever, but I think he's at the end of his prime while Nadal is in the middle of his prime and Djokovic is at the beginning of his. Anyone else 1% Good luck against the big 3...even though i still think Andy Murray is totally badass and has more heart than anyone.
    I'm not sure how you can give Roger less chance than Novak, if you look at the stats Novak is the 4th best player on grass behind Roger, Rafa and Murray.

I personally think Rafa will win but i think Novak is the worst value of the top 4.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    I'm not sure how you can give Roger less chance than Novak, if you look at the stats Novak is the 4th best player on grass behind Roger, Rafa and Murray.

I personally think Rafa will win but i think Novak is the worst value of the top 4.
    I agree. Out of all the big 4 I think Novak has the worst chance to reach the semi's.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

roger had a few fluke games on clay and all of the sudden everyone is back on his bandwagen. nadal and djokovic are the favorites with murray having a chance to upset one of them

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

someone like mardy fish might even get it done.

i agree that those are great odds on murray. home court advantage and just a skilled player playing some scrappy tennis. murray is a top player.