reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

wtf is so special about dimitrov

I have been hearing for years now how he is some great phenom....he hasnt done anything relevant and yet still is being referred to as some future great.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

he's bad, along with andreev. fade those two and you'll be swimming in gold coins like scrooge mcduck

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

whoops, thought you were talking about dimitry tursunov. funny how dimitrov looks like that name

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was rated big because of his prowess in the junior ranks. He won the Wimbledon & US Open juniors titles. Any time you win one of those, you are on the radar as the next big thing. You win two and you get hyped even more. Let's not forget he hasn't really played regularly on the ATP circuit until this year, using Challengers as a building block last year mainly and he only turned pro in 2008. He's just 20. Not all the "phenoms" turn into anything, no all the phenoms start winning stedily before they turn 21 or 22 or even 23. Those are the rare special talents like a Rafa or Fed. Next year is the year I think you find out if he has it or not. A full year or close to it on the main tour builds him up in 2011 and then he has to prove what he can do.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    whoops, thought you were talking about dimitry tursunov. funny how dimitrov looks like that name
    It"s crazy how much i get them mixed up!!!