Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Serena Williams blows, she has no interest in this match

Whata joke

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

did you really make a bet on her at -400, with this being her first match back? she may fight back in the second set, i doubt it but who knows

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

at least she looks slim, unlike the last time she took some time off

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah honestly between here & Venus, both are bad bets. You can't calculate what either would look like this week. Venus won yesterday and my guess is there are going to be a lot of people blindly on her the next match.

reformed

only difference is that venus +120 is a calculated risk and had value in some ways. serena -400 on the other hand...in a tune-up i would never touch.

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Congrats Pironkova backers!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    only difference is that venus +120 is a calculated risk and had value in some ways. serena -400 on the other hand...in a tune-up i would never touch.
    True. Serena probably still wins this match just on talent. That's why they are good for the women's game. Hate em or love em, they bring interest to the WTA.

reformed

is it just me or is serena not hitting with the usual power

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Tied up in the 3rd set. Serena may win, but damn how could u bet her with all this time off?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Tied up in the 3rd set. Serena may win, but damn how could u bet her with all this time off?
    Because it's Serena. Even if she was moving at 50% she's still better than the majority of the WTA. She's not an idiot - she has too much pride to come back if she doesn't think she's going to win. You could see that simply from her behaviour on the court. She's not here to fluff around even if it's taking a bit for her body to catch up.

I probably won't touch her in her next match but for today she's in my parlay and I'm quite happy she is at this point.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The level of play and the all around quality of the competition in the WTA is so poor right now, I can see why Serena is around 4/1 at some shops on Wimbledon futures. I think placing a futures bet in the WTA is just throwing money away but if I did it would be on Serena over Woz or Sharapova or Li. There are really no dominant players in the WTA right now.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    The level of play and the all around quality of the competition in the WTA is so poor right now, I can see why Serena is around 4/1 at some shops on Wimbledon futures. I think placing a futures bet in the WTA is just throwing money away but if I did it would be on Serena over Woz or Sharapova or Li. There are really no dominant players in the WTA right now.
    Yeah it's awful. This is the first year that I have no interest in the women's Slams at all. Actually now with Serena back, it's starting to pick up again. But overall it's just really, really poor.

The fact that Serena's price was only about 10 cents higher than Clijsters today says a lot about the state of it all at the moment. Pretty pathetic.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

i can't stand serena...i would fade her in every match just for fun.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Fade Clijsters

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Fade Clijsters
    Yeah, fade or avoid, definitely.

I'm too buckled to look at the moment but do you know which books let you pick players not to win a tournament? There are a couple of women I really want to put money on.