Diamondgeezer
    Diamondgeezer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Andy get his Rod out for Queens???

Andy Roddick. A-Rod. The All American boy.

The huge weapon. The hustle and the bustle. You can rely on Andy to sweat his nuts off for you.

Yes he has had a shoulder injury but 8 could be a huge price to win Queens, a tournament he has been a serial offender at. He does however face an accomplished grass courter in Feliciano Lopez first match. It should be a cracker.

I love A-Rod. I could watch that serve all summer. And he was so unlucky not to win Wimbledon in the epic against Roger. He would be a hugely popular champion if he could pull off the big W this year. I can't believe the prices they are quoting for Wimbledon.

Has the A-Rod got a big Queens/Wimbledon in him this year??? I surely hope so!!!

COME ON ANDY!!!

modric7
    modric7's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way keep dreaming........ he lost to Dudi Sela at queens last year........who?
    he lost to Yen-sen Lu at Wimbledon.........who?

A Very Tough looking opener at Queens on Tuesday against F LOPEZ.....good luck Andy............MURRAY!!

labrador
    labrador's Avatar Become A Pro!

modric7 you are funny!

Diamondgeezer

Yes I agree it's a very tough opener. I am surprised how short Andy is.

Thing is if he can get a tough opener like this he will gain huge belief and confidence.

Luka remember when A-Rod cleaned Murray's clock Wimbledon 2009 - 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(7), 7-6(5) ???

Maybe you prefer to forget that one!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Roddick's getting less and less consistent each year, whether age or focus, who knows.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He's in a tough match with Lopez...The over would have been a good play on this one.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Roddick's getting less and less consistent each year, whether age or focus, who knows.
    If I had a wife like brooklyn decker, I might lose focus too.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    If I had a wife like brooklyn decker, I might lose focus too.
    Only when she has her makeup on. She looks hideous without it.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

WTF is Roddick doing out there while returning? Lopez has 34 aces to his 14 and they aren't halfway through the third set yet.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roddick is lucky Lopez is a bigger headcase than he is.

Diamondgeezer

LOL @ you doom mongers. Today was all about getting the W.

One thing you can never accuse Andy of is lacking bottle or fight. The intensity is there and he's here to win.

The backhand is working well and the serve will come. A-Rod can still do big damage on the grass.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!

Problem is he returned serve like ass against someone who is not a big server. If his serve is not working this month he will be spending much time at home.

EaglesPhan36

Lopez is a big server, especially on quick shit like this stuff at Queen's Club. Roddick is likely going to be in for exactly the same sort of Neanderthal slugfest next round because he'll face Kevin Anderson or Karlovic if he comes back. Either one of them should beat down Donald Young with their serve eventually.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!

I've never seen Lopez as a big server. I must be tracking too many of his clay court matches.

EaglesPhan36

On hard courts and grass - his ace count is usually high. Just go look at any of his matches early his season on hard stuff. He usually racks up double digit aces in most two set match he plays on hard courts. Today certainly was very high, but his serve is a large portion of his game. That's why it was surprising to see him produce on clay in the Spring where it's less effective.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!

I went back and looked. It is as high as the other big servers. I guess I didnt start paying too much attention to him until he started giving Roger some problems.

EaglesPhan36

Well he is a major head case too. His game is conducive to success on hard courts, but watch when they swing to the Summer hard courts - he usually blows in the USA. You can probably make good money fading him between the beginning of the US swing and the US Open in the right situations.

Diamondgeezer

Lopez - it is not a fast serve but he gets incredible angles. He was easily aceing Roddick today at 110mph due to the placement. His service action is one of the best in the game but he does throw in a fair few doubles. He is nice to watch. You don't have to serve big to hit aces if you can place it as well as he does.

His major weakness is his mind tends to wander and he can lose rhythm. Also his backhand is not that strong. He should have won today but threw in an x cert service game when a break up in the decider.

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

Andy has no rod.

Diamondgeezer

Andy's getting pumped. He wants this. He's hungry.

Diamondgeezer

A-Rod is back!!!

No reason why he can't take down Murray tomorow.