reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

am I the only one

who finds women's tennis extremely boring? When I compare it to the men's game it is just unwatchable especially if its not clijsters or serena. Sure I wouldnt mind watching some of the cute girls play for entertainment value but for the tennis...bleh

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    who finds women's tennis extremely boring? When I compare it to the men's game it is just unwatchable especially if its not clijsters or serena. Sure I wouldnt mind watching some of the cute girls play for entertainment value but for the tennis...bleh
    I think both men's and women's tennis depends on how the players are playing. In general, yes, women's matches usually have one or both of the players screwing up so much that you can't get an enjoyable back and forth match of both playing at a high level. However, a lot of times, I find men's matches unwatchable when there's so many cheap points coming off one of the players serves. Also, there's plenty of men's matches where a player is ******* up like a WTA player too. I want to watch nice, long rallies and beautiful winners and defense. I don't want to watch some asshole getting nothing but easy points on their serve. Also, a lot of the men's game is power. I don't find it fun to watch a match where both guys are dominating on their serves. But at the same token, women's matches, where serve is broken every other game, can quite annoying as well.

In terms of ease of viewing and artistry, I actually prefer a well-played women's game over a men's game. They don't hit the ball as fast, so you don't lose track of the ball, and there's more nice shots and longer rallies.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

It certainly has flipped for me in the last few years. I used to enjoy women's tennis more than men's. There was more variety of play, better styles, more strategy involved, and no matches with 183 aces. But now the top players are similar to the men, in that they just hit the ball as hard as they can until someone makes a mistake. Gone are the days of player setting an opponent up score on a nice offensive lob.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I am with you completely, watching women's tennis is like watching the WNBA instead of the NBA. The men's players are bigger, stronger, and faster which makes for a better game to watch. Who wants to watch a shttier version of the same game? I just don't understand. Of course if Kirilenko is playing, I'm watching for sure!!!