EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Daniel Koellerer BANNED FOR LIFE

One fixer we won't be seeing again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ch-fixing.html

Daniel Koellerer, an Austrian tennis player once ranked No. 55 in the world, has been banned from the sport for life for match-fixing.

The player, currently ranked No. 385 on the ATP World Tour, was also fined $100,000 for three offenses against the sport’s anti-corruption program, the London-based Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU) said in an e-mailed statement today. The TIU was formed by the International Tennis Federation, the ATP World Tour, the WTA Tour and the Grand Slam Committee as part of the Uniform Tennis Anti-Corruption Program.

“This is a massive shock,” Manfred Nareyka, Koellerer’s manager, said in a telephone interview. “This investigation has now been going on for a year and a half. It has affected him making a living. There is no proof. I distance myself from any form of match-fixing.”

The 27-year-old player was found guilty of “contriving or attempting to contrive the outcome of an event; soliciting or facilitating a player not to use his best efforts in an event; and soliciting, offering or providing money, benefit or consideration to any other covered person with the intention of negatively influencing a player’s best effort in any event,” the TIU said. The violations took place between October 2009 and July 2010.

jididii
    jididii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great news,a few more to go tho!

Jididii

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The Jester is dead! Long live the Jester.

He was never a significant player, unlike more prominent men's fixers like Davydenko and Dolgopolov.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

i think berdych is a fixer....any small tournament he plays he goes out to a no-name player.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    He was never a significant player, unlike more prominent men's fixers like Davydenko and Dolgopolov.
    I think guys like this though are probably way more capable of getting away with it and making corrupt fukks a lot of money.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

bhagdatis maybe?

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think guys like this though are probably way more capable of getting away with it and making corrupt fukks a lot of money.
    True, they can be more under the radar and potentially make the corrupt guys more money. But unlike the two I mentioned, he couldn't be the classic "take dive as a huge favorite" because he was never good enough to be a big favorite.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

That's a joke. Who cares about him? He probably made at most 50k from fixing and at the same time guys like Tipsarevic, Tursunov, Scwank, Chela, Dolgopolov, Azarenka who did massive scams (maybe .5M) are untouched.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    True, they can be more under the radar and potentially make the corrupt guys more money. But unlike the two I mentioned, he couldn't be the classic "take dive as a huge favorite" because he was never good enough to be a big favorite.
    If you look at the dates in question - you can probably stalk out the questionable ones - Him losing to Nieminen about a month after he destroyed him in straights. Chances are that made the line on Nieminen pretty low the 2nd time and enabled people who knew to go heavy on Jarkko.

Guy also lost to a qualifier at a tournament and dropped a five set match with Veic at the Aussie Open where Koellerer went up 2-1 and then lost two straight to lose the match. Veic in live betting was likely a massive underdog and someone cashed. Those are my guesses.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

I remember he was gonna play Ancic a year ago and the match started at close to evens but before the match Dani was above 3.5 and people started hammering Ancic cause of a potential fix but Crazy Dani eventually won. Funny.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    That's a joke. Who cares about him? He probably made at most 50k from fixing and at the same time guys like Tipsarevic, Tursunov, Scwank, Chela, Dolgopolov, Azarenka who did massive scams (maybe .5M) are untouched.
    you got proof?

yisman

noober, I remember that one well. I was able to bet Ancic at -110 or whatever after the line move, and he lost in straight sets.

arabbeast13
    what?
    arabbeast13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

man gonna check my Bet365 logs to see if I bet on or against this guy back in the day.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

When you have those small tournaments and bizarre line changes at european books it always make me suspicious, even if its nothing to write home about. I didn't see this article, thanks for posting this.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

that's great, i lost many times on him

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

lol its a joke how some are not caught. same thing in all sports how the stars get special treatment. the whole tennis betting world knows dolgopolov rigs matches 100%. there isn't even a doubt.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol its a joke how some are not caught. same thing in all sports how the stars get special treatment. the whole tennis betting world knows dolgopolov rigs matches 100%. there isn't even a doubt.
    And that's where the problem lies and while we'll most likely never see tennis be a pure sport. Or even closer to pure than what it is now. No one gives a rats ass if Koellerer's gone. Most casual tennis fans would struggle to even know his name today. But take out a Dolgo, Tipsy, Hanescu, etc... and people would notice. It would tarnish the sport too much. This way they can just fob it off today as Mr Ranked Nothing fixing because he needed some cash. Too hard to admit that even players who may not seemingly need the money today are still greedy as hell deep down. Or worse - scared to say no.

nastradamus
    nastradamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

Good move by ATP!