Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Federer +1200, Almagro +6000 to win the French?

With the way some of these guys are playing recently like Djokovic and Almagro I would not be surprised to see a guy like this get to the finals- but really Rafa has to be the favorite but there's no way I am taking him at only +100. Gasquet looks tempting at +5500 but thats just wishful thinking as a fan. Guy was a beast this year about to be back in the top 10 soon

Roger at +1200 to win the French seems solid. There's no one in his draw that even looks worthy to come out of that section except for possibly Ferrer and maybe Monfils is he stay rested and focused. Guys like Wawrinka or Tsonga may have a shot but this is one of the sections I feel there won't be an upset unless its Monfils coming through.

I really think Roger will come out of this section of the draw, and his game is more suited for the french now than it was in years past.

The Murray section is the easiest section of the draw I think. You got guys like Chela and Mayer who are good dirtballers and Melzer who is good on just about anything but he's suited more for the hard.

The only real true dirt ball player in this section of the draw is Almagro. He is probably the 3rd best clay court player in the world today in my opinion and I know I am discounting Murray but I don't think he's ready to get back to the semi's in this one, I think it will be someone that shocks this quarter and I am going to take a chance with Almagro for that price.

$50 on Almagro to win at +6000
    $50 on Federer to win at +1200

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Neither will beat Joker, nor Nadal, guess you could hope Joker or Nadal gets hurt along the way, this isnt Federer of 3 or 4 years ago even then he couldnt beat Nadal here. Not just a few players are finding his backhand now, they all seem to find it, he just isnt the same guy, more error prone these days also. I and Almagro know he doesnt have much chance to actually win it, which is why he made sure he won a title today. Remember these are best of 5 not 3. Good luck.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Neither will beat Joker, nor Nadal, guess you could hope Joker or Nadal gets hurt along the way, this isnt Federer of 3 or 4 years ago even then he couldnt beat Nadal here. Not just a few players are finding his backhand now, they all seem to find it, he just isnt the same guy, more error prone these days also. I and Almagro know he doesnt have much chance to actually win it, which is why he made sure he won a title today. Remember these are best of 5 not 3. Good luck.
    I know, I love tennis. I would not compare Nadal 3 years ago to Nadal today. Nadal was a better player 3 years ago on clay, and it wasn't even close. Today, I still think he's the favorite to win the French, but he just doesn't have the same swagger.

Remember that last year Almagro was the closest person to beating Nadal- no one else even got close to taking a set if I remember. But Nadal's fitness will be tested this time around as he wasn't in last years draw.

Almagro can beat anyone in teh world on clay on any given day. He doesn't have to win- if he comes out of his side of the draw then I win with hedging. I defeinitely see one of these two in the semi's, but we'll see, the bets already placed anyway and no way I am taking Nadal or Djoker for pretty much 1 to 1 odds.

I don't think Djokovic is going to win the French. His stamina will be tested, and we know he has problems with that. Playing 5 sets on clay is different than playing 5 sets on a hard court. Its way more tiring, and I don't think Djokovic will win anything here.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Federer got screwed. Starting off with Lopez? That's some bullshit.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Ferrer is better than Federer on clay at this point.

I defeinitely see one of these two in the semi's, but we'll see, the bets already placed anyway and no way I am taking Nadal or Djoker for pretty much 1 to 1 odds.
    Nadal is pretty much 1 to 1. Djokovic is close to 2/1. You couldn't have two players at 1/1, unless you're talking a book with absurdly juiced lines, like Bookmaker.

I'm betting field (not Nadal or Djokovic to win) at close to +400.
    Last edited by yisman; 05-22-11 at 02:09 AM.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Good luck

I got Almagro at +9232, hoping he makes it to semi at least.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Amazing that Almagro lost to Kubot in 5... up 3-0 in the 5th and won 19 more total points. crazy

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Polish Power.

gtfo Almagro

Goat Milk

ROGER FEDERER

already put 100 on rafa to win at +180 when i made that thread so I can't lose any money here. Of Course, I will be rooting for roger in the finals I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE FINALS!!!!!!

Goat Milk

i am so excited for a rafa federer french rematch. all those years rafa spanked him. i think roger beats him this time