reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

i think dolgo -3 is solid

hanescu has not done anything impressive this year.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck. These are two of my most untrusted players. With Dolgo's penchant for weird sets, handicaps are tough to gauge. I'd be a bit concerned still this week too because indications are that he's still not 100%. That might be why he tanks a set like he did against Ferrer, to conserve some energy. Dunno, for me personally one to avoid because of my own distrust for both.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

i watched all of dolgo's match vs ferrer, from what i saw when ferrer got his rhythm down after a shaky start he was the much better player BUT dolgo's serving was just too good, the 2nd serve kicker is what killed ferrer because it kicked up high to his backhand and dolgo got TONS of cheap points. i havent seen hanescu play at all but idk if this kicker will be a problem to a 6'6 guy although hes got a 1 handed backhand. obviously dolgo will take his chances with huge backhand returns on 2nd serves and shit but im just not sure here. GL to you tho, obviously the serving is key here and lets hope dolgos slices just stay a little too low for hanescu

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I took this from TI for those who don't have a membership and are considering what to do in this match. Credit goes to Shpongle over there for this awesome post which helped solidify my decision rather quickly.

Dolgo said on May 16th that he thinks he's playing at just 30% of his capabilities at the moment after being ill last month. "I am struggling now with my game. I didn't practice for 3 weeks after Miami. I only started practising again before Madrid. (In Madrid he was more in the hospital than on the tennis court because of stomach problems).

Three days later he defeats Ferrer, who is second best on clay at these odds in the world, with 42 unforced errors by Dolgo. A little bit strange, or maybe not because on BetFair 3 million GBP was matched (top bet yesterday).

Dolgo's statement before Hanescu match: "It's going to be completely different tomorrow, not hitting as many winners and trying to keep the points longer, more topspin and trying to return well. He tries to hit the ball early so I need to be more patient. I played him in Indian Wells. He doesn't like to move wide a lot. He likes to stay on the lines, not go back a lot, so I'll need to return well and keep the points longer"

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I took this from TI for those who don't have a membership and are considering what to do in this match. Credit goes to Shpongle over there for this awesome post which helped solidify my decision rather quickly.

Dolgo said on May 16th that he thinks he's playing at just 30% of his capabilities at the moment after being ill last month. "I am struggling now with my game. I didn't practice for 3 weeks after Miami. I only started practising again before Madrid. (In Madrid he was more in the hospital than on the tennis court because of stomach problems).

Three days later he defeats Ferrer, who is second best on clay at these odds in the world, with 42 unforced errors by Dolgo. A little bit strange, or maybe not because on BetFair 3 million GBP was matched (top bet yesterday).

Dolgo's statement before Hanescu match: "It's going to be completely different tomorrow, not hitting as many winners and trying to keep the points longer, more topspin and trying to return well. He tries to hit the ball early so I need to be more patient. I played him in Indian Wells. He doesn't like to move wide a lot. He likes to stay on the lines, not go back a lot, so I'll need to return well and keep the points longer"
    And your conclusion was...?
    Last edited by JBT; 05-20-11 at 02:56 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    And your decision was...?
    Haha sorry, I forgot that part.

PASS

PASS

PASS

PASS

PASS

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Oh good, because I went to catch a "little" nap, overslept and just woke up!
    (passed automatically )

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I had Dolgo in a parlay. Lost again. Haven't hit a tennis bet all week!!!!!!!!